PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Both of my children attend Open Door and they have been attending since they started school. I won't lie the Beka program that they use is very challenging and sometimes they do have a lot of homework. The teachers and administrators are very friendly there and I love that they learn the bible. I think now they only go to the 8th grade because they don't have enough students and usually that when parents start transitioning kids to public school. Overall a very good school and the kids come out very smart.

I know graduates that have attended & are now doctors. This school just needs to offer to 12ththe grade again.

My children, K4, 1st, and 2nd grade, are all doing very well in this school. The teachers are all very kind and patient and supportive to their transition from public school. I'm sorry the pp had such a bad opinion of the A Beka program, but it is tremendously successful and the school's graduates are living proof that the teaching methods are outstanding compared to public education. Some lessons require extra practice at home, but the look in their faces when they 'get it' is completely worth the extra time and energy!! The small classroom sizes allow the teachers to remain focused on each child's developement on a daily, not quaterly, basis. The Biblically oriented daily lessons have become an invaluable investment in our children's character development. Overall - I am more than pleased with the school and, at this price, we really are getting a fantastic deal!! Id recommend it (and HAVE!) to anyone I know and love!

I thought a small Christian school would be a good environment for my daughter when I enrolled her in the third grade a couple of years ago. The teacher at that time was all smiles when we first met her, but soon revealed her inpatience for a student who has a different learning style other than rote memorization. My daughter was intimidated daily by this teacher because she needed extra help. The teacher consistently got mad if the class didn't accomplish everything laid out in the teacher's lesson plans. When my daughter stayed after school for tutoring, the teacher left her in the schoolroom w/out any help until I picked her up. I decided to homeschool my daughter after that first semester, particularly after this teacher advised me that "it will only get worse for her in fourth grade." Also, the majority of the other third graders were very poorly behaved.

This has been my son's first year attending Open Door and he loves it. He is learning so much and his reading skills are remarkable.

Last modified Open Door Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6