PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted April 20, 2016
My three children have attended Green Hedges for several years. They tell me they are very happy with their school experience there, and my wife and I are very pleased as well. When we first visited the school we were impressed with the warm and welcoming environment that we observed, and that feeling continues to this day. Parents are given many opportunities to volunteer and participate in school activities, and are invited to attend all assemblies. The small size of the school fosters supportive relationships among the students and teachers, and gives every student a chance to showcase their individual strengths. Even though the school is small, it encourages diversity, and helps provide students with a wide view of the world. The Montessori program for preschoolers and kindergartners respects and challenges each child and gives them an impressive head start in learning, which includes an introduction to French and Spanish. World languages continue through all the upper grades, multiple days a week. All students receive a broad liberal arts education, which is advanced from what I remember of my own school experience. Starting in first grade, every student performs in a play. Starting in fourth grade, every student plays an instrument and participates in the band. Children from the higher grades lead all school assemblies, and children from grades one through eight regularly give presentations to the school. Every presentation and performance is greeted with support, and no child is left in the shadows. I have enjoyed seeing my children grow and become confident in different ways through their time at Green Hedges, and I look forward to seeing them continue to grow and become more confident in the future.

Posted April 13, 2016
My daughter is in her second year in the Montessori program, and she has had a wonderful experience. I love the self-paced learning that is a fundamental part of the Montessori education but I also like that the teachers implement other aspects of pre-K education into the program, so that it is a lively, happy, cheerful and thoughtful environment. In other words, they take the best parts of the Montessori method while still letting them be kids. Her teachers really care about her - for example, one time she was not feeling well and I kept her home and her head teacher called later in the day to check to make sure she was okay. I really feel like she is getting individualized attention and it is worth every penny. It is also really nice how the doors are always open to the parents - volunteer opportunities are offered but not pushed on you, and if I ever happen to be in the building, they are happy to see me pop my head into the classroom. Some schools I think prefer to keep their parents at a distance and I really like the transparency. Being that the Montessori program is a part of the elementary and middle schools, they really benefit from the resources available to the older children - whether it be STEM week or the library or visitors/events on campus. There are a variety of options available at the preschool level - early drop off, half day, full day and extended day, to suit every family's needs. I think any parent that begins a child's education in the preschool program at Green Hedges can be confident that their child is getting the best of the best, and acquiring a love of learning early on.

Posted March 15, 2016
My son is having a wonderful year -- science fair, in-depth reports which include video presentations he created on his own, school play performed onstage. It is all great. I also like the way the school designs its homework with overlapping topics so that the time spent is both efficient and reinforces topics. For example, spelling words relate to social studies topics and are included in exercises which cover both cursive writing skills and grammar rules. It is very intentional and very smart.

Posted January 04, 2016
Our child has attended Green Hedges since turning three entering into the Montessori program. Now a middle schooler, Green Hedges has provided a fabulous education experience. From the schools ethnic diversity, its commitment to languages, music and arts, science, and technology -- we could not have asked for a better experience.

Posted November 03, 2014
I couldn't be more pleased with my daughters' experiences at Green Hedges. The teachers and administrators are genuinely engaged in providing a first rate education for the students. And I'm always amazed to see how much my daughters are learning--they are being challenged and are excited about learning. Example: in the fall, my kindergartener painted all the continents on a pumpkin and now knows her continents inside and out and is always searching out maps wherever we go. It's wonderful to be in an environment that fosters such a love of learning.

Posted October 29, 2014
Green Hedges has provided our children with a warm and nurturing academic environment. The head of school is outside almost every morning greeting each student by name. The teachers care about each child's success. During conferences, we always receive concrete examples of how our children are succeeding and constructive feedback on where they can improve. In addition to the strong academics, we see many opportunities for character development. It has been a wonderful school for us and we are grateful to have found Green Hedges.

Posted October 29, 2014
Nurturing environment that expects every child to rise to excellence, but appreciates every child as unique. Emphasizes character, sports, & STEM learning. Great parent community. Students from many different backgrounds and countries. I feel that every adult in that building knows and loves every child in that building.

Posted February 19, 2014
GHS isn t as well known as some of the larger private schools but the more intimate environment combined with first-rate academics make it the best place for our children. GHS students are challenged to grow academically and socially and are known by name by the faculty, staff and fellow students. Your child will not be lost there and they will be challenged in light of their natural abilities to explore and grow. Our family began there in 2009 and we plan to have our third child start next fall (2014). The faculty and staff are highly professional, available and responsive. They are also willing to tell a parent what they need to hear rather than perhaps what they want to hear. If your child needs help, you will hear about it and be asked to work with your child and the school to address and resolve issues (If you are given to the unyielding beliefs that your child is already due a Nobel Prize and is a soon to be Olympic athlete with no room for improvement and you need constant reassurance of this, do not look here). The faculty, staff and parental partnership is a very real and valuable aspect of the experience - and it is something that sets the school apart.

Posted February 10, 2014
Green Hedges is a loving and nurturing environment that challenges kids to excel! We have been extrememly pleased with the spiraling academic program: it builds each year from the previous year; prepares my son to take on new challenges; and allows teachers to capture opportunities for deeper teachng moments. Because of the low student to teacher ratio, the teachers really get to know my son and his learning style. We have seen him build confidence and his own love of learning instilled by the teachers. The community is wonderful - a group of involved parents who all want their children to be challenged, held to expectations, and prepared for the future. We could not be happier with our choice of education and with the results we see in our son!

Posted January 28, 2014
We are parents to a pre-schooler (3 years) in the Montessori program and have been very impressed with the school. Our son had not attended full time day care prior to this and we worried about him adjusting to 5 days a week school. Thankfully our worries were misplaced. Our son just loves the school. The teaching staff (including the extended day staff) have been simply fabulous. Our son adores them! We have seen our son grow in the few months he has been in school and cannot wait as he progresses through the various stages. Parent involvement is also given lot of importance to ensure that it isn't a one way commitment. Overall we could not have been happier!

Green Hedges School