Chesterbrook Academy #1160 4

Posted October 06, 2013
My son was a former student at Chesterbrook. We needed to pull him out of Chesterbrook because of the morning commute we were dealing with. We did not have any other problems with this school. Teachers were caring and extremely flexible. Right now, my son was in a famous school which is not as much as I expected for caring and loving. My son is still adjusting at new environment and so am I.

Posted August 13, 2013
We were so blessed to have found Chesterbrook Academy in Vienna, VA since we live in McLean. It was recommended to me by a parent I had just met at the recreation center while waiting for my daughter to finish her swim class. This is an excellent school. My daughter went there for two years (PK and K). The teachers are superb and very caring. My other children had gone to a Montessori school so I was a little worried my daughter would not get as much academics as the other two did. However, she ended up learning at her level and was appropriately challenged (K teacher divided the class into 3 depending on the child's aptitude but it was not obvious so as not to make any child feel less than). What's more was the social skills my daughter learned that was invaluable. This was a wonderful experience!!

Posted July 21, 2013
I will not recommend this school. The turnover of teachers and admin was ridiculously high. I witnessed many of the teachers yelling at students and acting unprofessional. Inexperienced and unfriendly teaching staff. Poor communication with parents. The parking lot is very unsafe.

Posted July 12, 2013
It is clear that the last review was posted by an administrative person. This school went downhill don't get fooled. The teachers that are left in this school are horrible. We are removing our son from this place. All good teachers left. The ones that are left are inexperienced and are scream at kids all the time. Class rooms are filthy and old. So weird that they change principals every 3 months. Apparently the last one got in car accident. This place is totally disorganized.

Posted July 07, 2013
This school was the perfect fit for my son! We recently started and I was extremely impressed by the level of activity that they provide. From the time my son walks in to the time he leaves he is active and learning which was one of my main concerns when checking out other schools in the area. The facility is VERY clean, and I haven't seen any issues with the staff, and all seem capable and motivated. In a short amount of time, I have seen a vast improvement in my son's ability to share, communicate and sit still!! they even had him potty trained in a week!( He now goes on his own) ALL of the checks on my checklist were met: - Nice, friendly staff - Clean facility - structured activities - languages - Good Food my son would actually eat (He is an extremely picky eater) When I mentioned this too them they allowed me to bring in a lunch bag for him, which he didn't even need. - Open door policy ( I like being able to "drop in" and make sure all is well. - Flexible schedule. Most daycare's offer tue/thur or Mon/wed/fri. They let me choose the days that worked best for his schedule. - They also have monitors for all of the rooms. Overall I highly recommend this school!!

Chesterbrook Academy #1160 2

Posted June 21, 2013
As a relative newcomer to this school, I have to say that I'm not overly impressed. There is a significant level of disorganization, and communication is inconsistent in both message and timing. As a parent I have asked the questions and either receive incomplete answers (to be found out after the fact) or inconsistent answers, and find that what is communicated often changes. We have recently seen 5 teachers/assistants leave in a month for various reasons, and now understand that there is a change in staff at the Principal level. I am not as concerned about why the staff departed (we were provided reasons for half of them that centered on personal life), but more concerned that replacement of 6 staff members in a short turn is very hard and takes time to "sort out". Where the school grounds offer a large playground and swimming pool, the buildings are fairly old. For the relative cost of the school, I've seen no real evidence that the learning program is any more advanced or different than where we were previously. Unfortunately to date, I have found few positives about this school. I am hopeful that the change of administration will also change our experience.

Chesterbrook Academy #1160 4

Posted June 06, 2013
I have to say that this school has been very helpful to me and my family in the last year. Yes there have been changes and yes they are difficult for all involve, including the staff and management. I think that parents should not rate schools when they have never brought any of this "inappropriate" behaviors to the administration's attention. I love this school. I love these teachers and even though this year was hard, I am staying and would recommend it to anyone that asks. Why...my child has grown and learned so much in the last year. I know that next year, he will improve even more. Most importantly he's happy, which makes me happy.

Posted May 17, 2013
All the good teachers are gone. The new teachers are ridiculously young and inexperience!! They are not patient with children. I witnessed how one of the young teachers treated a child in the playground. I was in my car and they did not know I was in the car. I would not reveal the name of the teacher(from intermediate class) and child. Parents will be jumped!! I don't believe the reviews, written on March 1st, 2013, were by the real parents. It must be by the school administrative person.

Posted April 26, 2013
This school is just that a school, not a daycare. The teachers and staff are educators and encourage the children to learn and grow. They helped my son come out of his shell. He now talks all of the time, writes and has a desire to learn. Ms. C, and Ms. S. are great!!! They are there for the kids and it shows. You won't regret joinging this school at all.

Posted March 01, 2013
I love this school, we are a newer family and have found this to be the best school for our son. Both Administration and the teacher's have been very welcoming and educational. I have found that all of my concerns have been calmed and my questions answered by all whom I have asked. Many parents don't ask for help, therefore they pass judgement that is not true. This is a good school, teachers (at least my son's) is great and love the principal, she is helpful and always ready to serve her families. She answered my email on a Sunday afternoon.

Chesterbrook Academy #1160
9525 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA  22182
Last modified Chesterbrook Academy #1160 is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Chesterbrook Academy #1160 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top