PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Chesterbrook Academy has been wonderful for our son. He's started out as a just turned 3 toddler and is now a graduating Kindergartner. The love, attention, and teaching has helped him become a confident and independent boy who really loves to learn both at school and at home. The teachers have always really cared about each individual child and made sure their learning experience was what was right for them. (Over the years I've spent a lot of mornings and afternoons having little chats with teachers or just watching as they finished up activities.)

Our daughter loves going to school here! Chesterbrook feels like a family and the communication from staff to parents is excellent. I highly recommend this school.

This is a great school. My child is in the Intermediate (ages 3-4) class and will also be there for Summer Camp as well as next year. The school is focused on learning but in a fun and engaging way. I think what makes this school great is that it listens to parents and communicates really well. When my child first started she was very shy and had a hard time adjusting, everyone at the school, not just my child's teacher, tried to help. They said hello when they saw her in the hallways and waved, so she felt like it was a comfortable environment. On a daily basis, we get newsletters discussing what the kids learned or did that day, even with pictures! I love seeing those emails during my day and seeing what my child is doing in school. I also have 2 grade schoolers and the curriculum CBA follows is very similar to what Fairfax County is doing. They also have day camps for school aged children, so when there is no school, we can drop our other kids there for a full day of arts and crafts, learning, and great social interaction.

We moved our youngest daughter to Chesterbrook in October of 2012 when she was 2 years old. She used to cry every day when we dropped her off at her school before that, we can happily say she has not cried once in 2.5 years of being dropped off at Chesterbrook, even week one! Chesterbrook has a fantastic staff that is not only great teachers and caring to the children, but trustworthy and empathetic with the parents. Our daughter also enjoys the summer camp at Chesterbrook, they have a phenomenal campus with plenty of field space and even a pool to get the kids out and doing different things in the summer. We have had 3 kids in day cares/preschools for 11 years now and hands down this is the BEST one any of our children have ever attended.

My daughter has been enrolled at Chesterbrook since April of 2014. My husband and I are so pleased with with the care and education she has received. She has really progressed since then. When she started shortly after turning 2 she was significantly behind in her speech development. A year later her vocabulary has expanded tremendously and I am so thankful to them for that. During her time in the Beginner (age 2) class, her teacher Miss Pegah helped us potty train her so efficiently, she has had no issues or accidents since she has now moved up to the Intermediates (age 3) class. The teachers here are outstanding. Very patient, and loving. My daughter enjoys coming to school everyday, and that's all a parent can ask for. She often tells me her teacher, Miss Neisha, is her best friend :) Ms. Maria and Mrs. Amanda (Principal & Asst. Principal) do a wonderful job of communicating to the parents any new changes which is also a plus. They are very welcoming and will always take a minute to chat if you stop by the office. Overall, my family's experience at Chesterbrook has been great!

We wanted to find the right balance of daycare joy and kindness and pre-school structure and education for our 2 year old daughters (who are now 3) . Chesterbrook academy has been the perfect choice for us and our daughters. The Vienna location offers a large outdoor playground, open fields, gardens and even a pool for summer swim classes. This allows for plenty of unstructured play, sports and pure discovery that always brings giggles and smiles rain or shine. The girls would easily spend decades within school buildings in the years ahead and the chance to have a preschool that was more day at the park than day at the office was especially appealing The faculty is appreciably younger than most schools. This gives our girls the chance to engage with teachers and care givers who are as excited and playful to teach as our girls are to learn. We have become friend outside of school with a number of the other Chesterbrook families. This is a outcome of the welcoming tone and feeling of partnership that is embedded within the full team at the school. We see our children learn something new every day and enjoy doing it

We have had 2 kids at this school continuously since 2011 The school has passed through some lows around 2013 which I see is when most of the negative reviews were posted. We were honestly about to pull them out at that time, when Ms. Maria Murphy was appointed as school principal. Ms. Maria truly turned the school around. There is a lot of structure, we receive daily reports from the teacher about what the children did that day and teacher turnover has been significantly reduced. Summer camps at this school are lots of fun because the school has an in-ground swimming pool too. This school totally prepared my son for kindergarten at a competitive private school in the area. My daughter who is still 3 has made significant improvement and now knows all her letters and numbers. I would highly recommend Chesterbrook to a friend or family member!

My son was a former student at Chesterbrook. We needed to pull him out of Chesterbrook because of the morning commute we were dealing with. We did not have any other problems with this school. Teachers were caring and extremely flexible. Right now, my son was in a famous school which is not as much as I expected for caring and loving. My son is still adjusting at new environment and so am I.

We were so blessed to have found Chesterbrook Academy in Vienna, VA since we live in McLean. It was recommended to me by a parent I had just met at the recreation center while waiting for my daughter to finish her swim class. This is an excellent school. My daughter went there for two years (PK and K). The teachers are superb and very caring. My other children had gone to a Montessori school so I was a little worried my daughter would not get as much academics as the other two did. However, she ended up learning at her level and was appropriately challenged (K teacher divided the class into 3 depending on the child's aptitude but it was not obvious so as not to make any child feel less than). What's more was the social skills my daughter learned that was invaluable. This was a wonderful experience!!

I will not recommend this school. The turnover of teachers and admin was ridiculously high. I witnessed many of the teachers yelling at students and acting unprofessional. Inexperienced and unfriendly teaching staff. Poor communication with parents. The parking lot is very unsafe.

Last modified Chesterbrook Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2