Vienna, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 27, 2014
I have two children at St. Mark, with the oldest getting ready to "graduate" to high school. My oldest started St. Mark in first grade and had to work really hard the first few months to catch up with the rest of the children. She went to Kindergarten at the local elementary school where she was ignored because she was well behaved. (I think another parent posted something similar.) I was able to see the difference first hand, when my younger child started Kindergarten at St. Mark. Reading is a priority in Kindergarten, and Spanish class is part of the curriculum, from pre-school through 8th grade. In addition, a number of additional STEM classes are offered on the campus, immediately after school. The teachers are wonderful and you can tell they honestly care about the success of your children. I enthusiastically recommend St. Mark.

Posted April 07, 2014
I would choose to send my children to this school all over again if I could. They were so well prepared academically for high school. They learned good organizational/study skills, including note taking and long term planning for assignments. Most importantly, I feel that their personal development was emphasized as well. If you are looking for a school that balances academic achievement along with character building, look no further.

Posted June 19, 2013
My children went through this school from K-8 and we LOVE St. Mark. Such a dedicated and loving faculty, great parents and beautiful facility. Best part is the small class sizes - they typically have 19-22 children per class so everyone gets a lot of attention - this was a real help to us when our kids hit learning bumps. Can't say enough good things about St. Mark - check it out!

Posted April 18, 2013
I have three children at St. Mark, and we are incredibly happy with our experience. It has strong academics and a wonderful and supportive community of parents. My absolute favorite thing about the school, though, is the quality of the staff and teachers. These people love our kids, and it shows in everything they do. My oldest went to kindergarten in a public school, where I felt like the teacher didn't know much about her and she was falling through the cracks a bit because she was quiet and well-behaved. At St. Mark, it has been a totally different experience. We couldn't ask for anything more in a school.

Posted August 19, 2012
Love St. Mark school. My daughter was at OES for a few years but it seems they only concentrate on AAP classes and the other classes suffer. Entering St. Mark from OES, my daughter had some catching up to do as she was somewhat behind in Math. She is now up to speed thanks to the wonderful teachers at St. Mark. Keep up the good work. Kudos to the principal.

Posted July 11, 2011
Awesome school with high standards for every student. at this scholl no child is left behind!!

St Mark Catholic School 4

Posted April 22, 2011
Was contemplating taking my son out of public school but it was well worth it. The academics at St. Marks are so much more challenging than public school. The teachers make it fun and interesting for him. Believe me there are many awesome teachers at St. Marks but also a couple who should be thinking of retirement, but overall the teachers are A+. They are supportive and are willing to stay after school if a student needs extra assistance.

Posted December 09, 2010
I highly recommend this school if you are looking for a religious based, academic focused education. There is also a tremendous sense of community. We transferred from the public school system and have not looked back once (even when we're writing the tuition checks). The administration and teachers are very focused on the students and teaching them not only academic, but life skills. Your child will learn how to make good decisions. The other parents are so supportive. The best thing about St. Mark is that it's not "high competitive" -- everyone (administration, parents, teachers, other children) wants every individual child to reach their full potential. It's a wonderful environment for children. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's also a great school if you're a working mother....as there's a before and after school program.

St Mark Catholic School 0

Posted April 18, 2010
The teacher are so dedicated to each and every student.

St Mark Catholic School 2

Posted October 24, 2009

St Mark Catholic School
9972 Vale Road, Vienna, VA  22181
Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mark Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top