Posted May 29, 2015
A great school with incredible administrators and faculty. Mrs. Girmus and her team runs a tight ship and the faculty really place a heavy emphasis on academic excellence. The character building around faith is fully reinforced and seems to be lived by all students. We sent our son to St. Mark from Pre-K through First grade before we moved out of the area. St. Mark was one of the hardest placed to leave behind.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
They learn the basics of civility and courtesy with regularly saying thank you, good morning, have a great day, opening doors for others, etc...

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Great programs and philosophies that address this topic at both the student level as well as how the parents can reinforce at home.

Posted January 24, 2015
We've had 5 children attend Catholic schools, with our last two going to St. Mark from K-8. They've all gotten a lot out of their Catholic education but the love and care at St. Mark were truly something special. The small class size policy is unique in the NoVA area and it is clear the greater amount of attention that teachers can give to students as a result. A big thanks to the teachers and faculty - they are now doing great in high school.

Posted April 27, 2014
I have two children at St. Mark, with the oldest getting ready to "graduate" to high school. My oldest started St. Mark in first grade and had to work really hard the first few months to catch up with the rest of the children. She went to Kindergarten at the local elementary school where she was ignored because she was well behaved. (I think another parent posted something similar.) I was able to see the difference first hand, when my younger child started Kindergarten at St. Mark. Reading is a priority in Kindergarten, and Spanish class is part of the curriculum, from pre-school through 8th grade. In addition, a number of additional STEM classes are offered on the campus, immediately after school. The teachers are wonderful and you can tell they honestly care about the success of your children. I enthusiastically recommend St. Mark.

Posted April 07, 2014
I would choose to send my children to this school all over again if I could. They were so well prepared academically for high school. They learned good organizational/study skills, including note taking and long term planning for assignments. Most importantly, I feel that their personal development was emphasized as well. If you are looking for a school that balances academic achievement along with character building, look no further.

Posted April 18, 2013
I have three children at St. Mark, and we are incredibly happy with our experience. It has strong academics and a wonderful and supportive community of parents. My absolute favorite thing about the school, though, is the quality of the staff and teachers. These people love our kids, and it shows in everything they do. My oldest went to kindergarten in a public school, where I felt like the teacher didn't know much about her and she was falling through the cracks a bit because she was quiet and well-behaved. At St. Mark, it has been a totally different experience. We couldn't ask for anything more in a school.

Posted August 19, 2012
Love St. Mark school. My daughter was at OES for a few years but it seems they only concentrate on AAP classes and the other classes suffer. Entering St. Mark from OES, my daughter had some catching up to do as she was somewhat behind in Math. She is now up to speed thanks to the wonderful teachers at St. Mark. Keep up the good work. Kudos to the principal.

Posted July 11, 2011
Awesome school with high standards for every student. at this scholl no child is left behind!!

St Mark Catholic School 4

Posted April 22, 2011
Was contemplating taking my son out of public school but it was well worth it. The academics at St. Marks are so much more challenging than public school. The teachers make it fun and interesting for him. Believe me there are many awesome teachers at St. Marks but also a couple who should be thinking of retirement, but overall the teachers are A+. They are supportive and are willing to stay after school if a student needs extra assistance.

9972 Vale Road, Vienna, VA  22181
Last modified St Mark Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mark Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top