Vienna, VA

Posted October 21, 2013
My two children have been attending this school for the past 5 years combined. My youngest is currently attending K and is receiving special ed assistance, while my oldest is a fourth grader and is in the AAP program. All I can say - kudos to the wonderful teaching staff. The communication between the teachers and the parents is top notch. They are always willing to go an extra mile in case a child needs help or attention. They are quick to address any concerns they see. If only my husband and I had teachers like that in elementary school, maybe we would've had better memories about our experience:) I would like to give a shout out to my kids' favorite teachers: Ms. Ruttenberg, Ms. Weise, Ms. Harris and Ms. Roque. Special thank you to the extremely patient special ed staff! P.S. Both my children are very different, yet they both leap in the morning when it's time to go to school.

Posted April 19, 2013
Freedom Hill provides an excellent caring staff and a very culturally diverse experience. Parents are very involved. The newly completed renovation is beautiful!

Posted April 18, 2013
We have been at Freedom Hill for a year. I have 2 kids going here. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. From administration to teachers they are all very involved with the students. Diversity is great. We recently went through some medical issues and the teachers have done everything in their hand to support us without even being asked for. This involved in home parent teacher meetings, personal phone calls from lead school nurse, mentors being assigned to my kids and school counselors &psychologist being involved to ensure my children's educational and emotional stability. Everybody at this school know the students' names and care about each one of them. When the time comes I will have a hard time leaving this school.

Posted June 01, 2012
I am very surprised that greatschools.org gave a 6 out of 10 rating for Freedom Hill. This school is one of the best any parent can ask for, for their child. Highly multi-cultural, the Principal is always seen with the children or walking around the school, at the carpool line or in the hallways. He is a tremendous support to the entire school and is not one of those that sit in their office with the door shut. The teachers are the cream of the crop so to say. Freedom Hill has a wonderful Choir and strings program. The Choir won first place and the highest overall score at the Kings Dominion Choral Festival 2012. My Son has been at Freedom Hill since Kindergarten and has never had an issue with bullying or any such as the zero tolerance rule is strictly enforced. The children are all very well behaved and that can be seen when you walk in to the school. The PTA is heavily involved in fund raising and activities to support the school. The office staff is very courteous and always there to help. They academics are top-notch with what the children are learning and how the teachers find individualized approach to help each child excel. I wish this school gets the rating it deserves.

Posted February 14, 2012
Great, multicultural school, kind teachers, inclusive environment-- I love Freedom Hill! Your child will meet kids from all over the world! You will find everyone here-- various socioeconomic, religious, linguistic and cultural experiences all learning together! It's pretty neat. Make sure to come to International Day: They annually have a day where students from over 7 countries have a parade, taste food from different places, and see cultural assemblies! It's great!

Posted February 09, 2012
Fantastic school. The principal appears to know every child's name and siblings - I know that is unbelievable, but I have witnessed him greeting packs of kids individually, even early in the school year. He greeted my kindergartner by name at an early parent teacher student event and asked her if (big sister's name) was helping her. He notices things too. One of our neighbor's has a child who needs to wear a special device for health purposes. He noticed one day that she was not wearing it and he called the parents to remind them that she needs to wear it every day. Good teachers and curriculum.

Posted January 17, 2012
My son attended pre-k at Freedom Hill for approximately one year. He is developmentally and speech delayed. I found the teacher and teacher's assistants to be excellent. They are caring, approachable and really go "above and beyond." Although my contact with the principal was limited, I found him to be very friendly and caring with the children. If we move back to the area, i would gladly send my child there once again.

Posted June 23, 2011
Absolutely fantastic multi cultural school, with respect and honor given to evryone and everything. Extensive extracurricular activities and great social and academic education including gifted and talented learning programs. Our kids had the opportunity to switch but downright refused because they love the school, teachers and their friends so much. The principal understands well that real education involves much more than the basic 3 Rs and so talents and abilities in all areas are encouraged. He also knows every child by name. You cannot find a better school for the development of your children's academic potential and character.

Posted June 20, 2011
We have been at this school for few years. The school is wonderful and I can't say enough about the principal. He has made a huge difference in the school. All the kids love him and respect him. I would not move because I want all my kids to go to this school. I've been around the area for many years and have heard enough to know that this is the best school in the area!

Posted May 27, 2010
It is our first year at Freedom Hill, and we are truly impressed with all that this school has to offer. The Principal is hands-on and very involved with the kids and numerous activities throughout the school, and the teachers and staff are terrific!

Freedom Hill Elementary School
1945 Lord Fairfax Rd, Vienna, VA  22182
Last modified Freedom Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Hill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top