Vienna, VA
Students enrolled: 1,136

Posted June 22, 2015
One of the best schools in the county which is often overshadowed because it's not a Langley or McLean pyramid. High quality aap program as well.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 08, 2015
The monitoring of facebooks from the SRO definitely does NOT show any form of respect to a student, their privacy, or what they do outside of school which doesn't involve them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 08, 2015
They're nosey and will lie right to your face to get information they want. The teachers also don't seem to care.

Kilmer Middle School 2

Posted June 08, 2015
Now that I have just graduated High School, I thought I'd review each schools I've ever gone to (which is 5) starting with the worst one...Kilmer. The school was over crowded and the majority of teachers were unhelpful and didn't seem to care all too much. The administration (if you can even call it that) was a joke. With no sports to be in, the school also lacks a variety of classes it should have. I just remember them (the "administration") complaining all the time about not having enough money which is completely untrue. With the money pumping into that overpopulated county from tax payer dollars, believe me the funding is there. They also lack privacy toward the students. I remember the SRO monitoring Facebooks and calling my peers out of class if the school didn't like what they saw (which was sometimes just for arguments). This school needs to step up and have some respect for other people. You can't "Dare to excel" with the school disturbing you during class, just saying.

Posted May 08, 2014
My son is in the AAP program at Kilmer. The teachers are caring and responsive. I am happy with the education he is receiving.

Posted February 02, 2014
This is the best school ever!! Its huge! The teachers are very nice..... I recommend this school to every single kid.....

Posted December 19, 2013
My child is very happy in school. He is in GT class and he really enjoys the learning because the teachers are great. There are also a lot of fun after school activities. Kilmer is a great middle school.

Posted March 15, 2013
We just move to this area i think this school is awesome and i feel great with the staff and my son is better in scores, relations ,and the most importat he is a happy boy. Kilmer is the best Middle School

Kilmer Middle School 4

Posted May 18, 2012
Agree with you, The office staff are not nice at all. This is the first school office I feel uncomfortable about. I have 4 children attending Fairfax county public schools, the staffs in Kilmer Middle School's front office act like they are the police women who are issuing the traffic tickets with no smile ...

Kilmer Middle School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
I have three students currently attending Kilmer. One in GT, one in honors, and one in standard level courses. I can say the the expectations do rise quite a bit from one level to the next. Overall the teachers are good, some excellent, and many put in extra time when necessary. Of course, there are a few exceptions. My only real disappointment has been with the front office staff. I never feel welcome and anytime I need to drop something off or have a question I get the feeling I am annoying them or keeping them from some far more important task. I always get a small sense of dread when I need to head over to the school. My kids have all communicated the same feelings if they have any business to handle in the office.

8100 Wolftrap Rd, Vienna, VA  22182
Last modified Kilmer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kilmer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top