Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

One of the best schools in the county which is often overshadowed because it's not a Langley or McLean pyramid. High quality aap program as well.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They're nosey and will lie right to your face to get information they want. The teachers also don't seem to care.

Now that I have just graduated High School, I thought I'd review each schools I've ever gone to (which is 5) starting with the worst one...Kilmer. The school was over crowded and the majority of teachers were unhelpful and didn't seem to care all too much. The administration (if you can even call it that) was a joke. With no sports to be in, the school also lacks a variety of classes it should have. I just remember them (the "administration") complaining all the time about not having enough money which is completely untrue. With the money pumping into that overpopulated county from tax payer dollars, believe me the funding is there. They also lack privacy toward the students. I remember the SRO monitoring Facebooks and calling my peers out of class if the school didn't like what they saw (which was sometimes just for arguments). This school needs to step up and have some respect for other people. You can't "Dare to excel" with the school disturbing you during class, just saying.

My son is in the AAP program at Kilmer. The teachers are caring and responsive. I am happy with the education he is receiving.

This is the best school ever!! Its huge! The teachers are very nice..... I recommend this school to every single kid.....

My child is very happy in school. He is in GT class and he really enjoys the learning because the teachers are great. There are also a lot of fun after school activities. Kilmer is a great middle school.

We just move to this area i think this school is awesome and i feel great with the staff and my son is better in scores, relations ,and the most importat he is a happy boy. Kilmer is the best Middle School

Agree with you, The office staff are not nice at all. This is the first school office I feel uncomfortable about. I have 4 children attending Fairfax county public schools, the staffs in Kilmer Middle School's front office act like they are the police women who are issuing the traffic tickets with no smile ...

I have three students currently attending Kilmer. One in GT, one in honors, and one in standard level courses. I can say the the expectations do rise quite a bit from one level to the next. Overall the teachers are good, some excellent, and many put in extra time when necessary. Of course, there are a few exceptions. My only real disappointment has been with the front office staff. I never feel welcome and anytime I need to drop something off or have a question I get the feeling I am annoying them or keeping them from some far more important task. I always get a small sense of dread when I need to head over to the school. My kids have all communicated the same feelings if they have any business to handle in the office.

I have one kid in this school right now and I am thinking about how not to send my second kid here. I regreted that I moved to this school district and let me kid attend this school. There are some good teachers in this school but overall quality of teachers are low. There seems to be a lot of new teachers there, making you wonder where the more experienced teachers went. The leadership of the school is not there either.

Last modified Kilmer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.