Posted May 08, 2014
My son is in the AAP program at Kilmer. The teachers are caring and responsive. I am happy with the education he is receiving.

Posted February 02, 2014
This is the best school ever!! Its huge! The teachers are very nice..... I recommend this school to every single kid.....

Posted December 19, 2013
My child is very happy in school. He is in GT class and he really enjoys the learning because the teachers are great. There are also a lot of fun after school activities. Kilmer is a great middle school.

Posted March 15, 2013
We just move to this area i think this school is awesome and i feel great with the staff and my son is better in scores, relations ,and the most importat he is a happy boy. Kilmer is the best Middle School

Kilmer Middle School 4

Posted May 18, 2012
Agree with you, The office staff are not nice at all. This is the first school office I feel uncomfortable about. I have 4 children attending Fairfax county public schools, the staffs in Kilmer Middle School's front office act like they are the police women who are issuing the traffic tickets with no smile ...

Kilmer Middle School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
I have three students currently attending Kilmer. One in GT, one in honors, and one in standard level courses. I can say the the expectations do rise quite a bit from one level to the next. Overall the teachers are good, some excellent, and many put in extra time when necessary. Of course, there are a few exceptions. My only real disappointment has been with the front office staff. I never feel welcome and anytime I need to drop something off or have a question I get the feeling I am annoying them or keeping them from some far more important task. I always get a small sense of dread when I need to head over to the school. My kids have all communicated the same feelings if they have any business to handle in the office.

Kilmer Middle School 2

Posted December 23, 2011
I have one kid in this school right now and I am thinking about how not to send my second kid here. I regreted that I moved to this school district and let me kid attend this school. There are some good teachers in this school but overall quality of teachers are low. There seems to be a lot of new teachers there, making you wonder where the more experienced teachers went. The leadership of the school is not there either.

Kilmer Middle School 4

Posted September 14, 2011
The school is fine I guess. It is way to strict on many rules, and unfortunetly does assign seating for lunches. The classes and time in between classes is not designated properly. Besides that, the teachers are great and their way of doing things works well.

Posted August 03, 2011
My child had an excellent experience at Kilmer. She is bright, but has an IEP and I cannot speak highly enough of the Special Education department and their coordination with parents and teachers. She developed more confidence and independence at Kilmer and was able to enjoy learning much more than she had before. Also nice that they emailed grade status reports every 2 weeks (for all kids) so you knew if your child was falling behind. Teachers were great.

Posted July 19, 2011
Great School. Great Teachers. Wide variety of clubs and program. Lot more for the kids to do in school. Very academic oriented. My kid was part of the GT program and the curriculum kept my kid challenged.

Kilmer Middle School
8100 Wolftrap Rd, Vienna, VA  22182
Last modified Kilmer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kilmer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top