Posted November 10, 2011
This is the best school I had been to in my whole life. It is great.

Posted September 20, 2011
I have been a teacher for 15 years and I can honestly say that this is the best school in which I have ever taught. The students, parents, faculty, and staff make my coming to work everyday enjoyable and rewarding.

Posted March 16, 2011
At thoreau i had an amazing education. they have wonderful teachers and staff. the two years i was there i went from being a under achiever that didn't care about school to being in all honors, taking a foreign language, and having strait a's. the teachers that truly inspired me were my eighth grade algebra 1 teachers Mrs. Galus and Mrs. Lenard,and the chorus teacher who no longer works there Mrs. Singletary. i highly recommend this school

Thoreau Middle School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
Terrific school, great academics and extra-curricular activities!

Posted April 15, 2010
Im in my last quater of my first year at thoreau and i enjoy it the teachers help me wiht all my assignmebt if i dont understand the material. This is an amazing school and i totally suggest you go here

Posted November 14, 2009

Posted October 29, 2008
I'm a student, and we just moved here last summer. This is a great school- we are learning a lot. Since the test averages were so high for social studies and science, every person is in honors for it. If you are looking for a great school, go here!

Posted October 21, 2008

Thoreau Middle School 4

Posted June 12, 2008
Our child has just finished 8th grade at Thoreau and we were generally happy with the school. Thoreau can count academics and strong and motivated teachers among its strengths. On the negative side, the Principal is almost invisible; a situation made worse by a cold and unwelcoming front office staff. We had zero interaction with the Principal, which was unfortunate. His two Vice Principals, however, are approachable and tuned in. On the whole, Thoreau is one of the area's better Middle Schools.

Posted February 09, 2008

Thoreau Middle School
2505 Cedar Ln, Vienna, VA  22180
Last modified Thoreau Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thoreau Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top