Bad
Good

From being a slacker and falling through the cracks in elementary school, I've become an overachiever with many awards, straight B+'s and A's, taking multiple honors courses, and participating in clubs and sports four days a week. I'm in Madison now, but I would like to appreciate Thoreau for shaping me into this girl with worldly and scholarly aims. The teachers are loving and always believe in you, and the society is amazing. The teachers and counselors who inspired me are Ms. Albert, Mrs. Galus. Mrs. Leonard, and Ms. Carrington. This school is wonderful and amazing!

This is the best school I had been to in my whole life. It is great.

I have been a teacher for 15 years and I can honestly say that this is the best school in which I have ever taught. The students, parents, faculty, and staff make my coming to work everyday enjoyable and rewarding.

At thoreau i had an amazing education. they have wonderful teachers and staff. the two years i was there i went from being a under achiever that didn't care about school to being in all honors, taking a foreign language, and having strait a's. the teachers that truly inspired me were my eighth grade algebra 1 teachers Mrs. Galus and Mrs. Lenard,and the chorus teacher who no longer works there Mrs. Singletary. i highly recommend this school

Terrific school, great academics and extra-curricular activities!

Im in my last quater of my first year at thoreau and i enjoy it the teachers help me wiht all my assignmebt if i dont understand the material. This is an amazing school and i totally suggest you go here

I'm a student, and we just moved here last summer. This is a great school- we are learning a lot. Since the test averages were so high for social studies and science, every person is in honors for it. If you are looking for a great school, go here!

Our child has just finished 8th grade at Thoreau and we were generally happy with the school. Thoreau can count academics and strong and motivated teachers among its strengths. On the negative side, the Principal is almost invisible; a situation made worse by a cold and unwelcoming front office staff. We had zero interaction with the Principal, which was unfortunate. His two Vice Principals, however, are approachable and tuned in. On the whole, Thoreau is one of the area's better Middle Schools.

Thoreau is an excellent school. The teachers there truly care that the students learn the material, not just nail them for the grade. If they don't do well on a test, they have opportunities to get partial credit on corrections, come in during the free period to get extra help, etc. The communication with the parents is amazing! I'm on my third child going there and it can't get any better. The pricipal is amazing and will be open, honest, and cares about your issues and your child's.

Last modified Thoreau Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.