Vinton, VA

Posted March 12, 2014
Excellent school. The teachers really care about their students and strive to help their students succeed.

Posted February 26, 2014
I love the school. The teachers are exceptional and my boys look forward to going there. We transfered from another school in the same county and we were a bit behind on what they were learning at HLH and had to catch up. My second son started to read way earlier than my other son who had started at a more affluent school. We are thrilled with the school!

Posted May 03, 2007
Herman L. Horn makes a point of welcoming every child every day. The teachers take a personal interest in each child's success in all areas of development. They pride themselves in addressing the needs of the whole child. Parents are treated with respect. The entire experience is one of a welcoming family atmosphere.

Posted May 30, 2006
While visiting H.L.Horn Elem. I met my daughters Teacher, and was greeted with many compliments on her strengths and abilities. I was so taken by the kindness that I totally forgot to return the favor. Ariel has attended the second grade for only the last four months of school and has shown the most improvement I have ever seen. This could only reflect the most excellent teachers a school could offer. I hope next years teachers will be as excellent as Mrs.W...

Herman L. Horn Elementary School
1002 Ruddell Rd, Vinton, VA  24179
Last modified Herman L. Horn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herman L. Horn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top