Virginia Beach, VA

Posted April 17, 2014
Landstown Middle School is a great school! My children have been attending this school for the last three years and we have had no problems at all. It has been a wonderful experience for all of us. My children came from Christopher Farms elementary. Many of their friends went to another middle school close by in which they were zoned for and they have complained of bullying and fights at that school which is supposedly rated as an awesome school. I suppose there will be bullying at every school, it has been around forever and always will be but my kids have never complained about it here, I'm sorry that other parents/kids have experienced it but you can have your kids in an expensive private school and the bullying will be there too. Teachers at Landstown are very open and caring about our children. No complaints here whatsoever!

Posted March 14, 2014
Landstown has been the worst experience for me as a student. I was bulled to the point of thinking that I could not go on any longer. I lost hope in every thing because of the students here. The students are full of them selves and will joke you until you loose hope in everything. The guidance counclers are very nice and help a lot but if you have the choice of sending your kid here, don't. Trust me as an 8th grader going into 9th. I hope high school is better.

Posted November 22, 2013
Son was bullied. When brought to the attention of assistant principal nothing was down. When my son finally got fed up and fought the kid they both got suspended and then the piece of trash bragged about it on Facebook and that his mom told him to talk about it offline. When I brought up that bulling was against school policies and the kid that was initiating the bulling should be expelled I was told I misinterpreted the guidelines. Not happy.

Posted September 26, 2013
Landstown Middle is a great school! My daughter just started 6th grade and is in the Spanish immersion program here, that she started at Christopher Farms Elementary. She is zoned for another school but we decided we would give it a try. The teachers are awesome! I was very pleased at open house after meeting all her teachers. They really stay on the ball here. She is enrolled in all advanced classes and doing great so far. Admin here is very friendly. I was nervous about her enrolling in all advanced classes because of the rigors of these classes, but she loves all of them.

Posted January 11, 2013
My son started the 6th grade here in September and I have to say we are very pleased with this school overall. I have heard negative comments about this school prior to my son starting and I have to say, I was very nervous. I have had contact with many of his teachers already and have absolutely no complaints.. My son came from Christopher Farms Elementary which is a relatively a close-knit school and Landstwon is much more populated but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all. He is taking advanced classes even though his teachers at CFES didn't recommned it (they said classes would be too rigorous) and is getting mostyly A's and a few B's. Wow!! Parents, go with your gut instinct when you enroll your child in classes for 6th grade. The staff is extremely friendly at front security desk....never any problems, I have grown up here in Va Beach and attended the "Best" schools and there was bullying and fights in those schools as well. It is at EVERY school. My son said he doesn't see any of this and they are seperated from the 7th and 8th graders. Not saying there isn't in this school, but we have been fortunate to not encounter it. Awesome school and excellent faculty!

Posted October 24, 2012
Love this school! Some of the other posts are bothersome. Bullying and discipline are issues in ALL schools. Most of the problems do not start in the school, but the school has to deal with it. Our family,with 4 children, has had nothing but great experiences at LMS. They were not perfect kids and had their share of parent/teacher conferences. Get in there. Talk to the teachers. Go to PTA events. Go to sports events. Go to Open House. I am always thanked for my involvement with my children's education by the teachers and principal. They do care. They have a great spirit for their school and students. There are very few schools in VB that offer the clubs, activities, and support that LMS does. Compare notes with parents from other schools, you'll see. Keep up the great work Landstown!

Landstown Middle School 1

Posted May 06, 2012
My child is constantly being bullied. She was bullied her 6th grade year and now her 7th grade year. The administration has done nothing to help. The No-Bully Zone sign on the front door is a joke. They had 4 fights on Friday. This school needs a major overhall with their informing students of the consequences of treating people so disrespectfully! Parents BE WARE!!! This school is a nightmare. I can't wait until she's out of this school, I try to tell her it's not like this at other schools. Please choose a different school.

Landstown Middle School 4

Posted November 04, 2011
I have 2 identified gifted children (one in 6th & one in 8th) that attend this school. This is our third year there and we are very pleased with the teachers and also the staff. We came from Christopher Farms Elem. I do have to admit that it was a parental adjustment with how involved the parents are allowed to be in middle school. But it is probably for the safety of the students. The academics, foreign language programs, and athletics in this school are great.

Posted September 07, 2011
This school has got the worst reputation at the beach. I've had two children attended this school will not let my youngest go to school here. The teachers and faculty don't show any interest in the students. Most of the parents in my neighborhood find ways to get their children into PA middle. Overcrowding is another concern.

Posted May 06, 2010

Landstown Middle School
2204 Recreation Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified Landstown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landstown Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top