Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Landstown Middle School 5

Posted January 26, 2016
Great school with a very nice learning environment. My son really excelled here and the program set him up to be prepared for high school and college.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 25, 2015
Thank you teachers!! you've taught me friendship unity courage kindness youth optimism understanding , thank you teachers and assistant principals. you've been so much help for my future <3

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 25, 2015
my current English teacher at a different school gets the kids attention, he talks loud, makes jokes, an stands on the desks. he has fun with his job.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 25, 2015
theres 6-7 classes, with 45 minute homework assignments each. if youre wondering why your child is failing, do you think your 10 year old wants to work on homework for 5 hours?

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 25, 2015
they don't care about if the students learn the stuff or not. as long as the teachers say it their job is done

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 25, 2015
wed get in trouble for chewing gum. we got in trouble for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. id never go back to this school. parents, your child(ren) wont talk about being bullied cuz then youre a snitch. don't listen to parent reviews. listen to the students that actually experienced an 'education' there.

Landstown Middle School 4

Posted March 08, 2015
All of my kids have went here no problems at all. Teachers are great and overall love it.

Landstown Middle School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
Landstown Middle School is a great school! My children have been attending this school for the last three years and we have had no problems at all. It has been a wonderful experience for all of us. My children came from Christopher Farms elementary. Many of their friends went to another middle school close by in which they were zoned for and they have complained of bullying and fights at that school which is supposedly rated as an awesome school. I suppose there will be bullying at every school, it has been around forever and always will be but my kids have never complained about it here, I'm sorry that other parents/kids have experienced it but you can have your kids in an expensive private school and the bullying will be there too. Teachers at Landstown are very open and caring about our children. No complaints here whatsoever!

Landstown Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2014
Landstown has been the worst experience for me as a student. I was bulled to the point of thinking that I could not go on any longer. I lost hope in every thing because of the students here. The students are full of them selves and will joke you until you loose hope in everything. The guidance counclers are very nice and help a lot but if you have the choice of sending your kid here, don't. Trust me as an 8th grader going into 9th. I hope high school is better.

Landstown Middle School 2

Posted November 22, 2013
Son was bullied. When brought to the attention of assistant principal nothing was down. When my son finally got fed up and fought the kid they both got suspended and then the piece of trash bragged about it on Facebook and that his mom told him to talk about it offline. When I brought up that bulling was against school policies and the kid that was initiating the bulling should be expelled I was told I misinterpreted the guidelines. Not happy.

2204 Recreation Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified Landstown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landstown Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top