Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great school with a very nice learning environment. My son really excelled here and the program set him up to be prepared for high school and college.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

my current English teacher at a different school gets the kids attention, he talks loud, makes jokes, an stands on the desks. he has fun with his job.

Amount of homework: Disagree

theres 6-7 classes, with 45 minute homework assignments each. if youre wondering why your child is failing, do you think your 10 year old wants to work on homework for 5 hours?

Develops character: Strongly disagree

wed get in trouble for chewing gum. we got in trouble for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. id never go back to this school. parents, your child(ren) wont talk about being bullied cuz then youre a snitch. don't listen to parent reviews. listen to the students that actually experienced an 'education' there.

All of my kids have went here no problems at all. Teachers are great and overall love it.

Landstown Middle School is a great school! My children have been attending this school for the last three years and we have had no problems at all. It has been a wonderful experience for all of us. My children came from Christopher Farms elementary. Many of their friends went to another middle school close by in which they were zoned for and they have complained of bullying and fights at that school which is supposedly rated as an awesome school. I suppose there will be bullying at every school, it has been around forever and always will be but my kids have never complained about it here, I'm sorry that other parents/kids have experienced it but you can have your kids in an expensive private school and the bullying will be there too. Teachers at Landstown are very open and caring about our children. No complaints here whatsoever!

Landstown has been the worst experience for me as a student. I was bulled to the point of thinking that I could not go on any longer. I lost hope in every thing because of the students here. The students are full of them selves and will joke you until you loose hope in everything. The guidance counclers are very nice and help a lot but if you have the choice of sending your kid here, don't. Trust me as an 8th grader going into 9th. I hope high school is better.

Son was bullied. When brought to the attention of assistant principal nothing was down. When my son finally got fed up and fought the kid they both got suspended and then the piece of trash bragged about it on Facebook and that his mom told him to talk about it offline. When I brought up that bulling was against school policies and the kid that was initiating the bulling should be expelled I was told I misinterpreted the guidelines. Not happy.

Landstown Middle is a great school! My daughter just started 6th grade and is in the Spanish immersion program here, that she started at Christopher Farms Elementary. She is zoned for another school but we decided we would give it a try. The teachers are awesome! I was very pleased at open house after meeting all her teachers. They really stay on the ball here. She is enrolled in all advanced classes and doing great so far. Admin here is very friendly. I was nervous about her enrolling in all advanced classes because of the rigors of these classes, but she loves all of them.

My son started the 6th grade here in September and I have to say we are very pleased with this school overall. I have heard negative comments about this school prior to my son starting and I have to say, I was very nervous. I have had contact with many of his teachers already and have absolutely no complaints.. My son came from Christopher Farms Elementary which is a relatively a close-knit school and Landstwon is much more populated but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all. He is taking advanced classes even though his teachers at CFES didn't recommned it (they said classes would be too rigorous) and is getting mostyly A's and a few B's. Wow!! Parents, go with your gut instinct when you enroll your child in classes for 6th grade. The staff is extremely friendly at front security desk....never any problems, I have grown up here in Va Beach and attended the "Best" schools and there was bullying and fights in those schools as well. It is at EVERY school. My son said he doesn't see any of this and they are seperated from the 7th and 8th graders. Not saying there isn't in this school, but we have been fortunate to not encounter it. Awesome school and excellent faculty!

Last modified Landstown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.