Virginia Beach, VA

Posted November 16, 2012
For me, Ocean Lakes was perfect. I feel like it's amazing in every way possible. The school is incredibly diverse; and I feel like that was an huge plus in enriching the school's atmosphere. There is something for everyone. The Math and Science Academy, our theatre team, and our sports are all really great. Literally..Ocean Lakes is perfect in every way. Academically, we have some of the best scores. And Athletically, we have the best games and scores. And another plus, the teachers are fantastic. Most of them (or atleast the teachers I had), actually knew their stuff, and were willing to help you out any time you needed it. The best part, I feel, is that there are not that many "cliques", not really any of those 'rich, snobby' people. Everybody fits in. And we have plenty of clubs and activities, to make new friends and meet new people. I would definitely recommend Ocean Lakes...it's perfect, and I made many happy memories there.

Posted October 22, 2012
We moved to the area 4+ years ago, before my daughter was in High School, but chose our area to live based on reviewing the HS's. We chose right! My daughter strongly disliked MIddle School, but is now a sophomore at OLHS and doesn't want to leave. There is something for everyone, interests and scholastic-wise. She started out at the math and science academy, which is wonderful, but we decided, with other commitments, the homework level and stress were not for her, so this year she is doing mainstream classes, and still loves the school. The band program is great, with lots of parental involvement. It's a great learning environment, and I've been around the school a lot (drop-offs in morning, football games, parent nights, volunteering, etc) and have never seen any person or behavior that would be cause for concern.

Posted February 12, 2011
I went to to OL from grades 9-12 and it is one of the most supportive communities I have ever witnessed. I recommend the Math and Science Academy, along with the school. Every teacher left a positive impact on me and has helped me grow in some form.

Posted September 30, 2010
My daughter is a freshman at OLHS in the Math and Science Academy. Having attended several events at the school (orientations, sports events, etc) I am very impressed with how organized the faculty is and how smoothly the school functions. The atmosphere is very professional. My daughter loves all the opportunities for extracurricular involvement as well. She has great things to say about her teachers. Everything about the school is first rate.

Posted March 17, 2010
Our son is a sophmore in the Math and Science Academy and we, as well as our son, couldn't be happier with this school. Not only are we pleased with the Academy's course offerings, teachers, and leadership, but we are very impressed with the overall school. The staff, facilities, extracurricular offerings, and overall atmosphere of the school are excellent. We feel that OL does an excellent job at integrating the Academy students with the school and truly offers a positive and cohesive educational experience for all of it's Dolphins!

Posted March 09, 2010
I am so blessed to go to this school! Unbelievable students and faculty! We are an awesome school!

Posted November 06, 2009

Ocean Lakes High School 4

Posted October 09, 2009
My son has only just started at OLHS and so far I have been absolutely impressed with the school, the teachers, the opportunites and the students. At the end of the day when the bell rang, I have never seen so much structure and calm in school hallways. All the teachers are out and interacting with the students. You can truly witness the care and respect from teacher to student and vice versa. This is the first school my son has ever stated he likes and he is very happy with all of his teachers. This was a true leap for him given that he has been abused by teachers in the past. I hope that this happy streak continues and at this point, look forward to continuing a fair working relationship with OLHS in regards to my son's education.

Posted September 21, 2009

Ocean Lakes High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Ocean Lakes H.S. is the best H.S. in Virginia Beach, not only because of the wonderful teachers, but the extra activities they offer to help students prepare for their future. We are lucky to have such great teachers who you can really tell they want the students to be successful. I love that my daughter has been a student there for the past 3 years. She is a Junior

Ocean Lakes High School
885 Schuman Drive, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified Ocean Lakes High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Lakes High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top