Bad
Good

Unfortunately I have to make a negative post about this school!! I am completely disgusted with the way children are treated here. While I understand that some Middle Schoolers are just plain bad, I do NOT agree with intimidation and humiliation to the extent of making a child cry! I have witnessed this TWICE this year once on a personal level and then again just waiting in the carpool line in the morning!! I am outraged that this school is bullying students who came from Elementary Schools where they LOVED going to school and learning!! Something needs to change!!!

I'm an 8th grade student at Larkspur Middle, this is my last year at this school. I transferred late last year from Portsmouth Public Schools because of bullying. Moving had to be one of the best choices I've made and attending this school was even better. Yes, there are still bullies etc, every school has them, you honestly just have to find your 'group' of people and you will go many places. The administration at Larkspur are very good people, although from my point of view they do overreact on somethings, but if your parent talks to them in a respectful manor & you as a student talk to them in a respectful way and explain yourself they tend to look at the decision. Regardless, I do recommend this school.

I love my school, it's great! I've seen negative reviews, but that's how it is when you're this young. You just have those days. I personally don't think anything wrong with the school. When something breaks, they get it fixed relatively quickly. The teachers are okay as long as you're a good student. The one thing I think the school has a problem with is how they deal with discplinary action. I've seen countless times where they've made a bad call on suspension or even expulsion. This is mainly at the fault of the higher administration. Other than that, I love the school, and I don't await the day where I go to highschool. Keep on rocking lions! :)

I am a student here. This school honestly still treats us like children. I gave it 2 because they try.

Larkspur Middle School is a great school. It all depends on what team your on. In sixth grade, I was in the giraffes which is the best team, or smartest team, to be on. The teachers were great, which was especially important since I was taking all advanced classes. The teachers didn't just pass or fail you, they made sure you understood and could be competent in the subject. I love larkspur and some of my relatives went there before I did and said the same.

This school doesn't even deserve a star but I had to give it at least one. :( My son attends this school. It is by far the worst school we have ever had our son in. The teachers cannot control their classes, they do not care about their students, and the guidance department is horrible. I would NOT recommend this school to anybody. They do nothing to those that bully kids.

My son is currently attending LMS as a 7th grader. This is his second year and he loves it. His teachers are great, and contact me personally, per my request, to periodically update me on his progress. He is an honor student and half of his classes are advanced courses. My son tells me how his teachers make learning interesting and appealing to him, and it makes me proud to know I have my son in a school where the teachers care about the students and are involved with their academic progress.

All 3 of my sons have attended Larkspur M.S. The school is very large but I have always been very impressed by the personal attention my children have gotten from teachers, guidance and principals. The principal and teachers run things very professionally and treat the kids and parents with respect. No school is perfect and I'm sure the school has the normal challenges with having 1500 middle schoolers together as they go through the changes that puberty brings. My overall impression is that they handle it very well.

when i first went to larkspur i thought it was going to be a horriable school and when i finally went the school changed mylife now i make awesome grades and in 8th grade there and it is one of the best schools i have been to in virginia beach the teachers are nice, friendly, and fun. When i had issues with a group of kids i told the assistant pricipal and she got it stopped forme... awsome school....

Well i'm an 8th grade advanced student in Larkspur for the 2010-2011 school year. I have been going here since 6th grade. It is very fun, teachers are very nice, and almost every student is really nice and easy to get along with. I'll be sad when I leave for high school next year!!!

Last modified Larkspur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.