Virginia Beach, VA
Students enrolled: 1,368

Posted February 24, 2015
I am a 6th grader at CLMS. I honestly love the school, we are a STEM school which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. At our school the teachers encourage you to ask about things you don't know. If you where deciding on sending your child to CLMS. It would be the greatest time of his\her life.

Posted January 27, 2015
I have gone to Corporate Landing from my 6th to 8th grade years. There have been SO many extracurricular activities to choose from, and it was great being involved. However, I would wake up every morning and not want to go to school because of the isolation treatment everyone had given me. I found several teachers who stuck by me the entire time and got close to them the more I spent time with. The music department is great; the school has received more than 4 blue ribbon awards by the state for superior ratings in the district assessments. I suggest students should take the time to get close with teachers, guidance counsellors, and some classmates during their time in school. High school actually does get better; it may seem like this "hole" known as middle school is impossible to get out of, but things will change, as well as people.

Corporate Landing Middle School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
As a student at corporate landing middle, I've hated it. I am currently an 8th grader at this school. I've had problems every year. In 6th grade, I was bullied constantly and would come home crying every day. I apparently couldn't get along with people and the administration made me sit by myself at lunch as well that happened in my 7th grade year. I had enough at corporate, and as my 8th grade year has went by, my drama calmed down. The only thing I LOVE about it there is the debate team and debate coaches. However, I wouldn't recommend clms because the administration doesn't address things in a good way.

Corporate Landing Middle School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
This school is horrible. I ended up having to pull my daughter out near the middle of her 8th grade year because she was being bullied. She came home from school crying every single day. She had a shoe thrown at her in PE so hard that it fractured her shoulder. She was pushed down the stairs. All because she is different (autism). I practically lived at the school trying to get this issue taken care of, but the staff did nothing to help her or stop it. Her grades dropped from A's and B's to C's and F's. She is at OLHS now and is on the honor roll again. I have younger children that are zoned to go to CLMS in a few years and I will do everything in my power to get them into another school or a private school before them.

Posted September 01, 2013
Great school, new and clean. My son with autism attended the program there and did very well.

Posted October 22, 2012
I've had two different experiences here. My (quiet) daughter was a new student and really didn't find her spot the entire 3 years she was there. The classrooms were noisy, and the kids didn't listen to teachers. When I called to express concern, I was told "that's how middle school is; tell her High School will be better". It was - she loves OLHS, but that wasn't the point. On the other hand, my son, much more outgoing, is really enjoying CLMS. I"ve had a lot of contact with his teachers, and they have been in good communication with helping to keep him on track. This is his second year, and he's liked the majority of his teachers both years. LOTS of extra-curricular activities, clubs, etc. I don't like that VA Beach teachers "teach to the test" for SOL's, but that's a whole different matter. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Corporate Landing, but encourage your student to find ways to be involved.

Posted January 13, 2012
I was a student at Corporate Landing Middle School and i went there my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade years. I loved this school and it was full of so many great people. Most of my teachers were nice but i had a couple of problems with some of them. the school is always cleaned and very nice. It is huge and core's are arranged where the classrooms are right next to each other, making it easier to get to class on time. I also went to Princess Anne Middle School the last 3 months of my 8th grade year and I absolutely hated it. The school was full of teachers who could not teach and most of the students were not nice at all. it is too small and classes are spaced out making it hard to get to class. when you walk down the hall you get bumped by everyone walking the opposite direction. it was horrible and i don't recommend sending your kids there. Corporate is the way to go!

Posted December 29, 2009
I went to CLMS for my 6th, 7th and 8th grade year and I can say that my time there was the best and i'll never forget it. My guidance counseler in my 8th grade year was the best i had in all 3 years. The after school activities keep students there striving to do better. Wrestling was the number one sport when I went there and all of my friends on the team would study even during lunch so that they could wrestle. The only problems I had was with my foreign language teachers. I felt that we were rushed with the material because you are being taught on a high school level for a credit and it was overwhelming. in my 8th grade year i had problems with my math teacher, causing me to change cores. but other than that my time at CLMS was unforgetable.

Corporate Landing Middle School 1

Posted November 14, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009
The administration,teachers and therapists provide educational opportunities to all students and do their best that no child is left behind

Corporate Landing Middle School
1597 Corporate Landing Pkwy, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified Corporate Landing Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corporate Landing Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top