Posted June 04, 2014
Most AMAZING school in all Va Beach!!! Staff is top notch!!! Most caring and devoted staff, parents, and students!!! Love Mrs Willie and the very special Mrs Nutter!!!! All of you are amazing!!!!!

Posted January 18, 2014
Awesome teachers!!!! My kids love it! The teachers truly want the kids to thrive. The best hands down.

Posted October 25, 2013
We landed at Alanton on a lark when we moved here, but it was the luckiest lark ever. Everyone told us we should have moved into the John B Dey Elementary zone, but I'm glad we couldn't find anything that fit our needs there. Alanton has been amazing. We've had one bad teacher experience (she no longer works there), but the administration was on top of the issue and resolved it quickly and easily after just one meeting. Since then, my children have received the absolute perfect teacher assignments. I know the staff work together to decide on student placement each year, and based on my children's assignments, they clearly take assignments seriously, and they are extremely good at their jobs. Communication is excellent, as nobody is afraid to call or email, whether there's a small question for one parent or a group announcement/reminder. Best teachers, best staff, best administration I've ever seen. And the PTA is incredible. Their contributions to the school and the opportunities they create for the kids are unparalleled. I could talk up this school all day, and I would still not do it justice. We are lucky to be an Alanton family.

Posted July 22, 2013
We have experienced 3 elementary schools in Hampton Roads in just a matter of a couple years. Larchmont Elementary in Norfolk top rated, but we found it just ok. Thoroughgood Elementary in Virginia Beach top rated, but terrible experience. My 6 year old had 1.5 hours of homework each night, was stressed out because she was afraid her teacher would yell if she did it wrong. The staff was not helpful, lost items, and didn't even communicate to the teachers when we were moving. Just months later, we got settled into our new home, new neighborhood, and new school, Alanton Elementary, and have had an incredible experience. My middle child just completed Kindergarten and my eldest is now entering 4th grade. Each teacher has had a unique personality and style, and not all have been a favorite to my daughter, but they have all been wonderful teachers, leaders, mentors, and communicators. I am more than pleased with our experience at Alanton Elementary. The staff are courteous and helpful, and always have the safety and best interest of the students at heart. The community is active in the school and parents are highly involved. I wouldn't send my children to any other school.

Alanton Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
Staff doesn't seem to understand the students with special needs and has a difficult time accommodating them. There is more focus on standardized testing and making sure that they test ready.

Posted May 27, 2013
Outstanding principal, outstanding teachers, and enthusiastic community. We've had only one negative experience here at Alanton and the administration very patiently worked with us to resolve the issue. We moved here specifically for this school, and that decision has really paid off.

Posted May 07, 2012
We moved into our neighborhood because we heard such great things about Alanton Elementary. Both my children went to the school and it was a great experience for all of us! There are such great teachers who really care about your children at the school. There are several teachers who even live in our neighborhood. The overall feeling there is that it's like being at home, walking freely throughout the school and everyone is so friendly! I was actively involved in the PTA and was there for so many years that it really was sad to me once my kids moved on. My kids are now ending middle school and the other one is in high school. Collectively, our favorite teachers of all their school years, are two teachers they both had at Alanton. Such a great school, would highly recommend!

Posted May 03, 2012
Alanton's teachers are wonderful! My kids have loved every one they've had. The programs they offer through the school and through the PTA always have a great turn out and are always fun for the kids and families. Alanton Elementary has a great family atmosphere and they are very welcoming and supportive to all.

Posted May 03, 2012
Alanton Elementary is a wonderful school that I am thrilled my children have been able to be a part of! When we first moved to the area, we were overwhelmed by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. From the office staff, the teachers, and the PTA, they all made us feel like family. I quickly got involved, and my children and I made friends in no time! I truly appreciate all of the countless hours that the staff, teachers, and the PTA work to provide the children with the best possible chance of achieving in school. No job is too big or too small, and everybody makes a difference at Alanton!

Posted May 03, 2012
Alanton Elementary is a great school! Their is great collaboration between administration, staff, and volunteers (PTA) to provide for a top notch educational experience for all students. Both of my children have thrived at Alanton. And I would not hesitate to recommend Alanton to anyone. If you are looking for a school which is a true "Community" Alanton is the best!! I am grateful for 8 fabulous years for my children and our entire family!!

Alanton Elementary School
1441 Stephens Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
(757) 648-2000
Last modified Alanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alanton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.