Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter is a sophomore at Bayside. I was a bit nervous when she began there since the school has a mediocre rating on sites like this. However, we've been pleasantly surprised at what a great experience it's been! Her classes are challenging, her teachers are excellent, the sports are inclusive and fun, and her friends are great. Any time I have a question for a teacher, coach, administrator, etc. they are responsive and supportive. They have an excellent selection of classes (Latin, advanced maths, AP, Health Sciences Academy). The only negative comments I can make are that the facility needs to be updated... the building needs a facelift. Other than that, Bayside has been a great experience for my daughter, and we're so glad we decided to send her there rather than paying thousands of dollars for private school.

Posted August 04, 2013
I am a student at bayside high. and there is some bad reputation about the school. That is other stuck-up parents thinking they are better than us because they can afford a million dollar house. They also say that it is a black people school. yes, a lot of the students are African American but, I am a coccasion female. and I love bayside. I went to Bayside middle and Independence middle in my younger says and I hated independence. They all bullied me because I was from bayside. They said I was poor and ghetto. Also they was much more drug activity and bullying there than at Bayside! My first day there I saw a teacher smoking in the bathroom. All my friend at Bayside were always there for me. And omg! guess what I'm a blonde tiny white girl and I didn't get shot! There is a much deeper connection at Bayside high school then other schools. Also, they have a GREAT football team! and cheerleaders ( I am a cheerleader ;D) so don't believe people when they tell you it is a ghetto no good rundown school. they are just ignorant snobby people. I don't live in the best neighborhood but guess what I have no lesser of a chance at succeeding in life than any other student would.

Bayside High School 1

Posted March 17, 2013
Believe me when I tell you, but this school is by far a sad excuse for a school. Communication from teachers to home is terrible. Most teachers just don't seem to care. The education level is ridiculously low, but from my understanding that's everywhere in the South. I can't get over the lack of education here. I'm from the North, and what my child is learning in most of his 9th grade classes here, he already learned in 7th grade. He was even placed in some 10th and 11th grade courses to be comparative to what he was learning before the move here and they are still lacking. Unfortunately for where we live, this is the school he had to go to. Besides the lack of quality education, safety is an issue. Every single day there is atleast one fight that my son has seen. It's crazy! I can't wait to move and get him into a better school. They need a total educational revamp!!

Posted October 06, 2012
My daughter is a Freshman at Bayside Health Science Academy and my husband and I are very impressed by the teachers and their enthusiasm in teaching our kids. The Advanced Studies Diploma curriculum is intense, but it is amazing to hear our daughter discuss her classroom topics. She has learned so much already in it only the first semester. We were also very impressed by their use of technology to teach with; smartboards, edmundo, etc.

Bayside High School 3

Posted February 08, 2012
Good school. Very diverse. Does not have the horrible reputation that many residents in Virginia seem to give it. Sports events are very fun.

Posted February 01, 2010

Bayside High School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
We prove to the world that being diverse can make a school stronger!

Posted September 28, 2009

Posted August 24, 2009
This is my second year at Bayside and i have to say that i am impressed. I had asked people about it and they only gave me negative feed back, so when i went, i was scared to death. But, they were totallt wrong. Yea there drama and fights, but thats at almost every school. Bayside is not nearly as bad as people make it sound. Im actually proud to be a Marlin! :)

Posted July 11, 2009

Bayside High School
4960 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23455
Last modified Bayside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top