Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Bayside Middle School
Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 12, 2016
THERE ISNT ANY HOMEWORK! How will these kids be prepared for college? This is just horrible

Posted May 12, 2016
This school system is horrible, most teachers, the principals, the administration and counselors don't care about these kids and are failing them. There are no books, homework or hard deadlines at all. If you fail a test you can retake it, there are no pre-reading assignments for new chapters in social studies and science. There's NO math homework, CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE!!!!!!!!! The administration says studies show homework does not help yet no one can produce this study for me. Then they say homework hurts students b/c some don't have anyone to help them at home and they are doing the work incorrectly ... WTH!!!! I signed up for other VB school homework emails and their are homework assignments that are thought out and helpful. This is sad but we voted for the school board that creates the policy ....

Bayside Middle School 5

Posted May 22, 2013
I am a eight grade student at bayside middle and I have to say, in the sixth grade there is many kids that are bad, but sooner or later they get sent to renaissance and school year becomes great. The teachers are very fun and are enthusiastic about teaching. I went to bayside my 6th grade year and I left for my 7th. I was so upset to leave all my great friends & teachers at bayside middle. I was soon on my way to independence and the teachers were really strict and classes were to boring, the students were also very judgmental. I moved again and im back at bayside middle, I have such great teachers and the students have matured and are not as childish. I recommend this school to anyone who wants lots of friends.

Posted March 17, 2013
Absolutely the worst school for bullying, racism, and subpar education. I can't wait to move away from this school!! My daughter is picked on everyday by girls and boys. Believe me, it's not because there is something wrong with her...except for the fact she is white! Teachers can't even teach because kids are so bad and disrespectful!!! Avoid this school like the plague if you value your child and their education.

Posted February 25, 2013
This is the worse school my son has ever been at the clinic and the counselors are very rude. They feel like they can talk to you anyway the want to. My child gets sick very easily and misses a lot of school any other school that my child has been to have always been very accomadting this school has done nothing but cause me more stress which I have enough of with taking my child to chkd often they are very insenstive and rude if I knew how to make a formal complaint I would. They should worry more about the child the parent doen's know where they are then the child who the parent calls in sick and knows they are home. The social worker there also feels she has the right to talk to a parent very rudely. I have disenrolled my child from that school and well home school him now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bayside Middle School 3

Posted August 26, 2012
I have three children that attened Bayside middle and the first two I had no problem the teachers were great and very helpful and involved even though my two oldest moved on to high school the teachers still ask about them. The administration was fair and the guidance department was excellant. But I do not recommend this school for children with special needs such as my third child he was a victim of bullying and as often as I complained nothing was done dont feel like my child needs were met. But for regular education students it is a excellant school. Also great student activity coordinator very involved with the surrounding community. Stacie Davis, parent

Posted May 14, 2012
This is one of the worst schools I have ever known. I have never seen so much black on white racisim and bullying. But it isn't just the students...the teachers yell and swear, as well as throw things in class. My son has had an equal amount of bullying from students as well as teachers. The constant dysfunction in this school is sad and sickens me. The school is also very run down...I attended it in 1986, and the same desks are still in some of the classrooms. Bayside Middle has a few really crime ridden neighborhoods around, and I believe that is why many of the students there are so badly behaved. I think the teachers get stressed out, and give up. A lose/lose situation for all who attend. :(

Bayside Middle School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
Children often used racial slurs there. Child often came home hurt & injuried. Came home once with sprained ankle w/o a notice from nurse's office after walking on it all day. came home two days later with head injury caused from another child & administation did little to nothing. Child threatened because she was white & for no other reason. Teachers often commented on how rude this year of new kids were. In the 09/10 school year BAYSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL was number one in fights, bullies & harassment acording to local paper. Teachers wre wiling to work w/';you bt higher administration wasn't an often tried to bury it under the rug. GLAD GLAD GLAD I got my child out of there.--Thank you.

Bayside Middle School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
GO HERE!!!! NOT THE MAGNET SCHOOL! STUDENTS WORK WELL HERE AND UNDERSTAND! AT MAGNET SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE TOO EXPECTING!

Bayside Middle School 5

Posted August 10, 2006
I greatly disagree with the other comments. I attended Bayside all throughout my middle school years. All of my teachers were dedicated, responsible, and cared about each and every student. I came out of Bayside with high honors because of my teachers and administrators. Every school has problems and Bayside actually takes the time to address them. I dont see why Bayside still has this 'bad rap' but I would definately recommend this school to anybody who is moving to the district or just wants to go to another school.

Bayside Middle School
965 Newtown Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Bayside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.