Virginia Beach, VA
Students enrolled: 1,257

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2015
I am very happy I chose to go to this school. It's my final year here and I have loved every single year. My favorite teacher was Mrs.Seymore who has been teaching for 30 years. She is the sponsor of the step team and she is a really fun teacher. This school has many extracurricular activities to get involved in including robotics where you can build a robot and compete against other schools. All the teachers that have taught me teach me everything I need to know and will help me when I need help. They are really caring and want you to succeed. The other reviews say that there is bullying but that is not true. This school has started a CARE (Changing Attitudes Respecting Everyone) club to prevent bullying at all means. I love this school and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 10, 2015
Teachers only pick on the kids they don't like and when there favorites mess up they don't care

Posted June 10, 2015
I wasn't supposed to go to this school but I'm glad I did. The teachers here are so friendly and will teach you everything you need to know to pass the SOLs. There are a bunch of extracurricular activities to get involved in including enviroclub where you can plant vegetables in a garden. I loved my middle school experience.

Posted June 10, 2015
I have had a great time at Brandon. Its all about finding your clique. I'm am an eighth grader about to go to highschool. I got into an academy and I wouldn't be able to do it without this school. You have to just make your own experience. Alot of teachers are nice and helpful. You will run into bullies but there are bullies everywhere. You will have bad moments but you will have bad moments everywhere. This school is great.

Posted June 10, 2015
Our school is not a bad school, just has bad attitudes in its students. Our teachers nor our school can help their behavior, but can help how they disipline the actions the students take. Our teachers are very nice here and they genuinely love their jobs. It is true when people say we have problems with our school....what school doesnt have problems? With our problems comes learning, not only for the students but for the staff too. As much as we learn and have teachers teach the students, we have staff learning from the students. Our school is a good school, so help teach and form our school while getting a great education from a great school.

Posted April 22, 2015
This school makes me sick to my stomach. I hate this school I hate going here and I hate all the staff here to. The school is full of theives they stole my gym uniform twice and my perfume. And when I told the p.e teacher they didn't even care. If you want a good education and nice teacher I recommend Salam middle and high school. If your think about putting your child in this school I advise you to turn around and go to Salam. When I was in the sixth grade I went to a a game and I need a ride home, a male teacher over heard me and said that he would take me home and ever since then I hated this school. A 7th grade teacher call a student fat and stupid and he started laughing in his face. And 8th grade teach slapped a phone out of a students hand. Please read this review before anyone else's.

Posted April 06, 2015
DON'T DO IT. JUST DON'T. I am almost done with my three years at this school, and all of them were terrible. The teachers are not professional, the have a very threatening manner, do not actually teach the subjects, and are very bad with discipline. Another factor is that the faculty are also very unprofessional, they assign seats at lunch, and if you do not sit at them, you get suspended! They will not respond if you have a question and call or send them a note, they have lost many of my doctors notes that excused my absences and I got in trouble for it, the entire administration is very unfriendly, even with my parents, fights break out all the time, a child got arrested the other day for having drugs, and people get suspended for things that aren't even logical. (People also say they are racist, but I do not see that, same with bullying) Sanitation at the school is also very, very terrible. Truthfully, if i could rate this -666, I would.

Posted March 12, 2015
Horrible school!!! Being a military family and have travel all over the world this is worst mistake we had made putting our son in this school. A lot of bullying goes on in this school and nothing get done about it. Children are getting suspended for protecting themselves. The administration at this school is horrible and they don't care about these students of color. Children are getting bully not only by their peers but the teacher and administrator as well. I will always stand up for my children when they are being bully by their peers and nothing is being done. This school has the worst racial barrier that I have send and it's not only with the students the administration also. I will be taking my child out of this school. I want to give this school a rating triple zero but unfortunately it's not on the rating chart. I will be contacting the school board because this school needs to be investigated. Horrible Horrible school!

Posted October 02, 2014
Horrible school!!!!!! The lazy administration at this school is more focused on discipline and suspending than teaching. Children are getting suspended for little to no reason at all! The school board needs to investigate this school and parents need to be aware that black children are being suspended left and right!

Posted August 27, 2014
I HATE THIS SCHOOL. I'm unable to give it 0 stars, but believe me I would. No need to go into the story but I removed my son because of racism in the administration. Period!

1700 Pope St, Virginia Beach, VA  23464
Last modified Brandon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top