Posted January 24, 2014
Brookwood has been a wonderful school for both of my children. The staff works hard to make sure the children are in a safe and enjoyable environment. The principal is involved and courteous with parent requests and I always see him out interacting with the students and parents during school and at after school functions. Brookwood teachers have always been helpful and supportive with IEP needs for my youngest child. My children enjoy learning at Brookwood.

Posted May 22, 2012
My children have been attending Brookwood since 2009. My kids and I love it! This school has some of the greatest teachers, office staff, and janitors! I love it so much, I hold my Girl Scout meetings there as well. I am so glad I have teachers that care about my kids and their education, pushing them to be the best and work at their full potential!

Posted November 26, 2011
I give this school an A++++. My children have been attending this school for 4 years and I have never had a single issue with any teachers or administration. The principal makes his self available to parents and addresses any concerns right away. We are being transferred to Maryland (military) in January 2012 and my children are so devastated they must leave Brookwood. If you are moving to the area, I would completely recommend you finding a home in this school jurisdiction!

Posted August 15, 2010
I loved this school as much as my kids did. It was very hard to change due to moving. The kids were great and the staff was amazing INCLUDING the office staff. They were very friendly in person and on the phone. We are going to miss Brookwood terribly.

Posted May 04, 2010

Posted May 27, 2009

Brookwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2008
I had 7 children who went to Brookwood over a 5 year period. They have wonderful teachers and the the gudiance staff was great. Even the nurse was awesome. They people at the school that were not friendly was the office staff. They always seem to mad because they had to work or answer questions. Other staff was great.

Posted January 26, 2008
Brookwood has very kind students and teachers all five of my children go there and they get outstanding grades

Posted May 26, 2006
Brookwood Elementary is a great school! My son attended the Pre-K program there, and it is absolutely wonderful. The teachers are dedicated to their work and go beyond what is expected of them to see that your child receives the help he/she needs. My son went on many field trips which also enhanced his learning while in the Pre-K program. I can only speak of the preschool program as far as field trips. Excellent school!

Brookwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2006
Brookwood Elementary is a wonderful school. It is an older school with the older charm. My children have been to other schools where the community is more affluent, but I prefer the smaller schools like Brookwood. It has a more personal feel and the teachers, staff and PTA are excellent. They offer many wonderful activities and events that students would not be able to experience without all the staff and parents support. Many believe there is a 'clique' but it really is just that everyone works well together and has fun doing so, and this has had a very positive effect on the children. They truly love to go to school. Good job Brookwood, keep up the good work!!

Brookwood Elementary School
601 S Lynnhaven Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23452
Last modified Brookwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top