Virginia Beach, VA

College Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
My daughter has come home 3 times this year with lice! Everytime I find it I keep her home and immediately call the school nurse.now she has lice...again!! I called the nurse and she said to me " I'm not sure what you expect me to do about it" . I expect you to do your job and follow protocol! It was clear they do not check the children Nor send a note home to the parents making them aware of an outbreak! I called the principal and demanded they check every student in that class, call those parents and send a note home with every student in the school discussing the outbreak. The principal didn't ask the teachers name!.Other issues are we have a prepaid card for her lunches and usually receive an email stating that she is getting low on funds. Sometimes we do sometimes we don't. On days that she runs out of money they give her a cheese sandwich....that's right bread and cheese and we have to back pay for a full lunch while other students whose parents" can't afford" to feed their children received free full lunches. Once I forgot to put a drink in her lunchbox and they told her she couldn't buy a drink! Completely unacceptable!

Posted July 11, 2013
I have my two kids in this school and I must say it is an amazing school with such wonderful staff!!!!! You not only feel so secure with having your child in your school but the education they receive is phenomenal and the teachers are remarkable !!!! College Park Elementary is by far one of the greatest schools... in my eyes the best school by far. Thank You Mrs Wynn for all you !

Posted October 12, 2011
I have my 2 kids in this school right now, and another one graduated 3 years ago. I must say, that my experience with this school is very positive. All my kids have always had passed/advanced on their SOL's. The teachers I know are very dedicated and helpful. Bullying has never been tolerated. Since classes are small manageable, they know their students and those who are prone to bully and trouble.

College Park Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
Great school and the teachers and staff are very considerate to kids with IEP'S and delays. My only two concerns are; 1) Equal disapline with others students and listening to the student when they're getting picked on. For NO one deserves to be bullied. 2) Adaquate SAFE parking. I understand that they're building a new school behind the current one, however there is really no safe parking for the staff and the parents. ---Thank you.

College Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2011
Students have continiouslyfailed SOL's. Teachers and administration allows bullying. I have encounted problems for my disabled child. She come off of the bus crying or almost crying. I HATE this school.

College Park Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2010
I'm a College Park Cougar, A CP Cougar 'til I die ! Born and bred.

College Park Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2010
College Park Elementary I feel has some of the best teachers in the Virginia Beach School System. I moved here from Northern Virginia (Fairfax County), which is known to have good schools. I found this school to be academically on par with those schools, and I felt that the teachers were more involved at College Park.

College Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2008
The school is okay, but the staff have no control over the school, as evident by the ice cream social we went to the kids were screaming and the staff and parent could not get them to be quiet while, and you could not even hear the principle over the speaker system. The parking there is a joke, they do not have enough parking for parents.

Posted December 04, 2005
I am very impressed with the school. The principal is great and responds quickly to parent concerns. All the teachers I have met are very dedicated and enthusiastic. The school hosts many activities that promote parent involvement. At least once a month the school hosts an activity such as a fall festival, book night, ice cream social, etc., which encourages the children to get involved. I am very happy with this school.

College Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2004
- a former student
This school was great! Teachers help you and they are involved! Great school!

College Park Elementary School
1110 Bennington Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23464
Last modified College Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top