Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted January 11, 2016
First Colonial High School has great programs to advance your level of education prior to college. They always offer meet and greats in the beginning of the high school years to introduce children to different colleges, certified programs and other career options. They have several clubs and community programs to keep children involved.

Posted January 11, 2016
The interaction and the communication the school has with both students and teachers. Eldest son was very successful and next son is having a great experience.

First Colonial High School 4

Posted December 07, 2015
FCHS is an alright school. I graduated from here and only attended for my senior year due to my dad being in the military. It is a little cramped, as it used to be a middle school...lots of portables. When I was there the rules were pretty ridiculous (an ISS for checking the time on my phone...seriously?), but since then, the rules in VBCPS have become pretty lax. Of course there are annoying kids there, but that can be said about any school. Most of them are laid back and cool since most of the oceanfront goes there. I made some really good friends in the LSA (wasn't in it) and in just the normal zoning. Some of the teachers were hornery, but some of them were pretty awesome. Lots of artsy people here. I feel like I was able to be creative and develop myself more in the two art classes I took. Looking back, it was a pretty fun experience.

Posted September 02, 2014
Ok all y'all saying FC is a terrible school can go away and shutup. FC is an amazing school and I'm happy to go there!!! The teachers are nice and truste me I've meet terrible teachers so stop and the academy kids are ok my sis is in the academy and she loves it . If you pay attention and actually LISTEN TO YOUR KID you would see they are happy. I've went from Windsor woods elementary to plaza middle school to green run (for a month) then to first colonial and out of all the schools this is the only time I'm happy to go to school so yeah

First Colonial High School 2

Posted August 18, 2014
Okay, this school is terrible. Most of the teachers are bullies (slight few aren't). I was told that I failed one of my sols and then I showed up to take it and they had gotten it wrong. I stressed for weeks over it and then didn't have to take it. There's no school spirit (at least in my class). Can't wait for june so I can finally be done with this school.

First Colonial High School 2

Posted April 07, 2014
Terrible school, teachers harass students and get away with it. Academy students are left to feel alone and seperate from school. They keep the drug use under wraps and haress students who dont play along. The teaching is so-so and if any open up-they are punished-teachers included. Ask the ones in portables. Money talks and you get no where if you try stick up your child. I am glad we left, terrible place.

First Colonial High School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
The school is awful the kids or horrible the drug problems are so bad. The guidance and office don't care I have tried to get help multiple times. There are a few good teachers but most are horrible the school only cares about the unaccomplished and not the kids with true potential I switched schools because ti was so awesome

Posted January 21, 2014
FC High is the best in Va Beach! The teachers communicate with the parents regularly. Great staff and the new principal keeps the kids in line.

First Colonial High School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
I really do enjoy attending the Legal Studies Academy, but some of their rules and regulations are stressing me out! I am very fearful about being late because of the tardy window. Even if you are late for lunch you have to go to the tardy window. That seems to be my only problem. I really enjoy the teachers even if it is the third day of school. They are really funny and fun to be around. I would recommend this school to anyone else out if they were interested in law. If the tardy window wasn't so intimidating, this would have gotten five stars!

Posted September 04, 2013
First Colonial is a school that is second to none! I am a student leader at FC and I can say that I would not want to go anywhere else. As a member of the academy, I do live out of district and also had other options on the table for high school but I chose FC and love every minute. As SCA President, I get to know a lot of the student body and the majority of the faculty and staff and they are some of the greatest people ever. For a public high school, we have diversity but acceptance. Everyone has a place where they fit and with 53 clubs and dozens of sports teams, everyone can join something they are interested in. Every at FC feels welcome and part of the Patriot Family! It really is the best school at the beach.

First Colonial High School
1272 Mill Dam Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified First Colonial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.