Virginia Beach, VA

Posted September 02, 2014
Ok all y'all saying FC is a terrible school can go away and shutup. FC is an amazing school and I'm happy to go there!!! The teachers are nice and truste me I've meet terrible teachers so stop and the academy kids are ok my sis is in the academy and she loves it . If you pay attention and actually LISTEN TO YOUR KID you would see they are happy. I've went from Windsor woods elementary to plaza middle school to green run (for a month) then to first colonial and out of all the schools this is the only time I'm happy to go to school so yeah

First Colonial High School 2

Posted August 18, 2014
Okay, this school is terrible. Most of the teachers are bullies (slight few aren't). I was told that I failed one of my sols and then I showed up to take it and they had gotten it wrong. I stressed for weeks over it and then didn't have to take it. There's no school spirit (at least in my class). Can't wait for june so I can finally be done with this school.

First Colonial High School 2

Posted April 07, 2014
Terrible school, teachers harass students and get away with it. Academy students are left to feel alone and seperate from school. They keep the drug use under wraps and haress students who dont play along. The teaching is so-so and if any open up-they are punished-teachers included. Ask the ones in portables. Money talks and you get no where if you try stick up your child. I am glad we left, terrible place.

First Colonial High School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
The school is awful the kids or horrible the drug problems are so bad. The guidance and office don't care I have tried to get help multiple times. There are a few good teachers but most are horrible the school only cares about the unaccomplished and not the kids with true potential I switched schools because ti was so awesome

Posted January 21, 2014
FC High is the best in Va Beach! The teachers communicate with the parents regularly. Great staff and the new principal keeps the kids in line.

First Colonial High School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
I really do enjoy attending the Legal Studies Academy, but some of their rules and regulations are stressing me out! I am very fearful about being late because of the tardy window. Even if you are late for lunch you have to go to the tardy window. That seems to be my only problem. I really enjoy the teachers even if it is the third day of school. They are really funny and fun to be around. I would recommend this school to anyone else out if they were interested in law. If the tardy window wasn't so intimidating, this would have gotten five stars!

Posted September 04, 2013
First Colonial is a school that is second to none! I am a student leader at FC and I can say that I would not want to go anywhere else. As a member of the academy, I do live out of district and also had other options on the table for high school but I chose FC and love every minute. As SCA President, I get to know a lot of the student body and the majority of the faculty and staff and they are some of the greatest people ever. For a public high school, we have diversity but acceptance. Everyone has a place where they fit and with 53 clubs and dozens of sports teams, everyone can join something they are interested in. Every at FC feels welcome and part of the Patriot Family! It really is the best school at the beach.

First Colonial High School 4

Posted November 29, 2012
I came from a private school, and was a tad nervous about attending a public school. I was also worried that the education wouldn't be the same, but I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, in some aspects First Colonial did a better job than private school. The teachers are welcoming, and the students made me feel right at home. This is a great school!

Posted April 19, 2012
First Colonial High is a wonderful school with loving and caring teachers! The teachers truly care about the student and his/her education. First Colonial offers a wide variety of clubs and athletic programs. She is a member of many clubs and is on the basketball team. She loves First Colonial!

First Colonial High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
First Colonial provided me with an outstanding education, allowing me to gain early acceptance to the university of my choice. The staff was inspiring, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at FCHS.

First Colonial High School
1272 Mill Dam Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified First Colonial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
First Colonial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top