Bad
Good

There is no accountability for behavior. There is too much drugs going in and not enough graduates going out .

My third child is getting ready to enter Kellam and I have every reason to believe her experience will be just as wonderful as her two brothers currently attending. My oldest is a junior in all honors/ap classes and doing dual enrollment at TCC. He has been encouraged and challenged every step of the way. My middle child is just an 'average' student but he too is getting all the attention, help and encouragement he needs from this wonderful staff. I would say whatever your child needs he/she will get at Kellam. Our experience as a family there has been exceptional.

I now have two sons at Kellam and I have to say that compared with friends who have children at other high schools, Kellam is EXCELLENT! My older son is in honors/ap classes and excels and my younger son needed a little motivation, which he is definitely getting there!

Kellam high school is the worst school in the district . The administrators & staff are not the best around. Everything about to this school is ridiculous!

Kellman is the best!My son enrolled in June 08. He is in the Marching Band and very happy and motivated. Just what he was lacking. Mr. Parker Thanks You have hepl my son become motivated again. We were from New York city, I have seen too many students drop from NYC high school. Kellam is the best.

I am a graduate of Kellam ('07). I was an average student when I was a freshman, but I grew to be an outstanding student because of Kellam's faculty. They do push students to exceed the norm. For the student who get less than average grades it's not because of the school. It more likely falls on the shoulders of the student. The resorces are there for all students to succeed, but IT IS THE STUDENT who must reach out and use them. For instance, the first two years of english are dedicated to learning how to use these resorces. The next two years, which are also the most important years, the teachers will back off to let the students teach themselves how to be independant; in learning as well as in life. As a college student today I can reassure you that college has been less difficult thanks to kellam!

Believe this to be a sub-par high school. Perhaps the reason why it is the only VaBch High School not to make this year's Newsweek's top High School list. You will likely read great comments about this school from parents of students who do well. If you have an average student, this is not the environment to excel. AP students get a lot of attention, but the reality is that those students would likely exceed without teacher involvement. I was a college professor. It was always tempting to concentrate on the high achievers and feel good about myself. However, that is not the job of the educator. Inspiring the average to achieve superior results should be the norm. Sadly, that is not the case at Kellam.

My son attends Kellam High and loves it!! It is the best high school in Hampton Roads by far! I'm so glad we could afford a home in this school district!

Kellam High School was once described by many parents as Va. Beach's 'Best Kept Secret'. It is no longer a secret that this high school is by far the best at the beach. Go Knights!

I am a Kellam graduate. I moved out of district, but moved back to raise a family. My son graduated from Kellam, and my daughter will graduate from Kellam, and I never gave any other school a second thought.

Last modified Floyd Kellam High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.