Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have 2 children at this school currently. One in 8th and one in 6th. They are both thriving! One plays sports and one does not. There are so many activities and clubs for all students to be involved. They are both doing very well in advanced classes and love their teachers. I have no complaints about this school. Any issue we have had - no matter how small- have been handled quickly. Very impressed with the Principal and his strong leadership!

My daughter was having problems with bullying behavior by other students and teachers. She was having severe anxiety and depression as a result. Her guidance counselor, the school nurse and the principal were aware that she had needed urgent treatment for this, and the guidance counselor told her to come into the guidance office if she was feeling anxious or depressed. My daughter went to the guidance office between classes due to feeling anxious and depressed, and as a result was given detention. The guidance counselor and the principal knew where and why she went, and insisted on giving her the detention. I would not wish this school on my worst enemy. The lack of student support is unbelievable.

Im a student here and the school is GREAT! love everything in here, the teachers, the other students, and the brand new facility. Best school in VB besides Kemps landing Magnet.

My daughter attends Great Neck Middle School and the leadership in this school is poor when it comes to policy and procedures being followed by administrative staff and bus drivers concerning bullying and the safety of the children.

Hello. I attended Great Neck Middle School this past school year. I love this school so much. I lived out of the country for a few years, so it was a bit difficult to adapt again, just like in any other school. At first, I didn't know anybody, but teachers welcomed me with open arms, students are very nice, too. I have found many new friends, which I am very thankful for. This was my last year in this amazing school, but I will miss it very much. There are many great after-school activities, I have not tried any out, but I have heard they are very nice. I really love this school.

Great School. I really like how each grade is split up into levels so the children are not being taught at the lowest common denominator level. Advanced children are able to excel and be challenged. I am a Realtor and know this is the most sought after school district for good reason. I read one review from a parent that complained they were not contacted when their child was experiencing trouble. First of all, they shouldn't have to, you the parent should be involved. If you are helping or checking homework, you would know, not to mention, the parent portal website that allows you to see all of your childs quiz and test scores. I also receive an email every day telling me what my childs homework is for the night. How much more can you ask for? It is a school, don't rely on it to raise your child for you! As for another comment stating not enough kids make the sports teams, I'm not sure that is a bad thing. It's a competition and kids need to learn they won't always win and life doesn't hand out participation awards.

This is a great school by all means and my daughter enjoys going to school everyday .

My student is now in the 8th grade and has attended for two and half years. Great Neck Middle School is an excellent school with a staff that pushes students and guids them towards excellence as well as achieving individual goals. The sports activities are great, coaches are infuential and encouraging. Great learning enviroment. Since attending GNMS my student has recieved Honor Roll each grading period!

The new school is amazing. The kids just moved into a beautiful high tech school. The community is very affluent and sometime you can see it in the students. The teachers are compassionate and well educated. Education is a priority at this school and students are driven to perform. The only complaint I can say about the school is that since it is new the students have little freedom. There are more students then opportunity to participate in sports or other activities. We went to tryouts and there were more people cut than accepted. It appears the school could use more than one level of each team. BTW: We love it here!!!

My child is in 7th grade and we are a military family that moves alot. My kids have been in the DoD schools and have been doing good, but now that they have started here at GNMS my childs grades have went to B,C and D's to all A's. The teachers are very involved in helping the students at GNMS. They believe in their students and that made my kids believe in themselfs too. Thank you GNMS!!

Last modified Great Neck Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.