Virginia Beach, VA
Students enrolled: 1,122
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted October 22, 2014
My daughter attends Great Neck Middle School and the leadership in this school is poor when it comes to policy and procedures being followed by administrative staff and bus drivers concerning bullying and the safety of the children.

Posted July 17, 2014
Hello. I attended Great Neck Middle School this past school year. I love this school so much. I lived out of the country for a few years, so it was a bit difficult to adapt again, just like in any other school. At first, I didn't know anybody, but teachers welcomed me with open arms, students are very nice, too. I have found many new friends, which I am very thankful for. This was my last year in this amazing school, but I will miss it very much. There are many great after-school activities, I have not tried any out, but I have heard they are very nice. I really love this school.

Posted November 07, 2013
Great School. I really like how each grade is split up into levels so the children are not being taught at the lowest common denominator level. Advanced children are able to excel and be challenged. I am a Realtor and know this is the most sought after school district for good reason. I read one review from a parent that complained they were not contacted when their child was experiencing trouble. First of all, they shouldn't have to, you the parent should be involved. If you are helping or checking homework, you would know, not to mention, the parent portal website that allows you to see all of your childs quiz and test scores. I also receive an email every day telling me what my childs homework is for the night. How much more can you ask for? It is a school, don't rely on it to raise your child for you! As for another comment stating not enough kids make the sports teams, I'm not sure that is a bad thing. It's a competition and kids need to learn they won't always win and life doesn't hand out participation awards.

Posted September 27, 2013
This is a great school by all means and my daughter enjoys going to school everyday .

Posted February 09, 2013
My student is now in the 8th grade and has attended for two and half years. Great Neck Middle School is an excellent school with a staff that pushes students and guids them towards excellence as well as achieving individual goals. The sports activities are great, coaches are infuential and encouraging. Great learning enviroment. Since attending GNMS my student has recieved Honor Roll each grading period!

Great Neck Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2012
The new school is amazing. The kids just moved into a beautiful high tech school. The community is very affluent and sometime you can see it in the students. The teachers are compassionate and well educated. Education is a priority at this school and students are driven to perform. The only complaint I can say about the school is that since it is new the students have little freedom. There are more students then opportunity to participate in sports or other activities. We went to tryouts and there were more people cut than accepted. It appears the school could use more than one level of each team. BTW: We love it here!!!

Posted June 27, 2009

Posted May 14, 2009
My child is in 7th grade and we are a military family that moves alot. My kids have been in the DoD schools and have been doing good, but now that they have started here at GNMS my childs grades have went to B,C and D's to all A's. The teachers are very involved in helping the students at GNMS. They believe in their students and that made my kids believe in themselfs too. Thank you GNMS!!

Posted January 09, 2009
I would say the middle school is average, but above average for most of Virginia Beach.

Great Neck Middle School 4

Posted October 15, 2008

Great Neck Middle School
1848 North Great Neck Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified Great Neck Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Neck Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top