Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

There is a zero tolerance policy for bullying but the teachers and staff could stand to delve more into certain situations when they are suspicious that something might be going on.

We love this school! I was scared at first when I saw the bad reviews on sites like these, but the school and the staff are both amazing. Both of my children go there now and they both love it! Dr. Richardson has made some great changes and you can tell he really cares about each and every student. One of my children is in a gifted cluster class and he is learning so much. His teacher even sends home different homework for him that challenges him individually and he is so much happier now than he was at his old school. Wouldn't change a thing...

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

For the most part I agree with this. No school is going to have 100% perfect teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There are different levels of homework (at least in my son's class) so that children on different levels can each have homework to do that is suited specifically for them. I think that is awesome.

My Children have attended this school for 4 years now and each year the quality of education has gone consistantly downhill. We got a new principal & vp last year and things just keep worse. Several of the wonderful teachers they used to have have moved on to different schools. There are no real extracurricular activities for the children. There are PTA events but they are a joke. I have volunteered in my childrens classrooms every year and have not seen much in the way of parent involvement. The teachers are okay, some are deffinately better than others. We were very lucky with the teachers we had in our first 2 years at holland but those teachers moved on. All in all I would say if you dont have to send your child to Holland don't.

My Kindergarten child attended this school for the 2008-2009 school year. I am very pleased with the activities and events that take place at the school. HES encourages family engagement and I feel my child received the best Kindergarten experience possible.

Last modified Holland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.