Virginia Beach, VA

Posted April 29, 2014
I agree. Great local school. Dedicated staff, wonderful teachers, great parental participation and a Vice Principal that goes the extra mile in keeping the success of Kingston with a strong community. However, the new Principal seems disconnected and needs to engage more to keep overall involvement in the school. Principals have a hard job and constantly evaluate what is working and what is not, and use that information to make improvements. I believe in the commitment the Principal is making towards that.

Posted September 10, 2013
Great local school. Dedicated staff and great parental participation. Teachers are awesome. They offer so much for the kids that attend!!

Posted January 06, 2012
This school has been a phenomenal experience for our children and the entire family. The teacher feedback of student progress and ways to improve are wonderful. They listen and look for new ways to approach any concern and solve them before they can become a problem. They are immediately responsive. The parent support of the school is fantastic. You can't keep the volunteers busy enough!

Posted October 12, 2011
Kingston is best of the best. Excellent teachers and staff serving an excellent community in the Little Neck/Kings Grant area. This school has long been a top performer. Facilities are good, PTA is strong, educators are talented.

Posted May 30, 2011
Kingston is not like other VBPS. The student base comes from the elite Little Neck neighborhood which finds parents providing their children with many opportunities to enrich their lives with parental involvement, travel, extracurricular activity, active interest in their child's academic success, etc.. couple that with a wonderful elementary school full of teachers who care about the success of their students and you have a wonderful positive place to send your children to learn. The success of Kingston is indicative of all pieces coming together!

Posted November 20, 2010
This school rocks. The teachers and staff are top notch. They differentiate instruction and they put the childre first. I have had great experiences at this school with all of my children. I would recommend it to all VB residents. The person who wrote the "influenced and run by conservative....." is WRONG.

Posted March 20, 2010
Before moving to Virginia Beach I reviewed schools with Greatschools.org. Kingston Elementary sounded like a great school for my child. She is very bright and has a great attitude about learning and life itself. I decided that I would give Kingston a try. We moved into the neighborhood in order to be in this school zone. I found Kingston Elementary to be an outstanding school. My daughter is excited to go to school and learn new things every day. She also comes home very happy day after day. She has learned so much during her 2 years there. The staff is great and they are led by an outstanding principle. Parent involvement is unmatched. We are in the military and we are moving again. I know finding another school at the same level as Kingston will be difficult. The most important thing that we as a family will miss is Kingston Elementary. Thank you for being a very important part of our life.

Posted February 20, 2010

Kingston Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2006
My daughter attended kindergarten here and I thought the program was quite good. She had gone to a private school the previous year (we did kindergarten twice b/c of her late birthday) and the class size in Kingston was the same as in the private school! They got them started in writing right away and I was amazed at what she picked up. The communication between teacher and parent was also good, but I did feel like they could have been more open to parents helping in the classroom. Over all, though, it was a very nice school that any parent would be pleased with.

Posted January 19, 2006
I have been with Kingston with 2 children through all 6 years. Parental involvement is at a high and academic success is paramount. There are gifted cluster pull outs in grades 3 - 5 as well as full time music, art and PE programs. The PTA supplements the school with outstanding enrichment programs and multitudes of fund raising opportunities to assist the administration in having things that the local budget cannot afford. Class sizes range from 20 - 26. There is a nationally recognized environmental program put on at Kingston through parent volunteers. Strings, chorus, art, newspaper and media clubs are offered for 5th graders. An advanced dance and art program is also offered once a week at the local gifted school. All round great school!

Kingston Elementary School
3532 Kings Grant Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23452
Last modified Kingston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingston Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top