Bad
Good

This is our third year at Kingston Elementary, and we couldn't be happier! Both of my children continue to excel and mature. The staff is supportive and extremely knowledgeable. Everyone from the front desk to the custodians are friendly and helpful. The school has a wonderful family type atmosphere and strong PTA involvement. My children feel especially secure due to the "no bully" policy. Plus, they have thoroughly enjoyed the Digital Learning Anchor Program this year which provides each student their own personal digital device to use throughout the year. My first grader even refers to the Principal as his "friend". Great School! I can't say enough.

I agree. Great local school. Dedicated staff, wonderful teachers, great parental participation and a Vice Principal that goes the extra mile in keeping the success of Kingston with a strong community. However, the new Principal seems disconnected and needs to engage more to keep overall involvement in the school. Principals have a hard job and constantly evaluate what is working and what is not, and use that information to make improvements. I believe in the commitment the Principal is making towards that.

Great local school. Dedicated staff and great parental participation. Teachers are awesome. They offer so much for the kids that attend!!

This school has been a phenomenal experience for our children and the entire family. The teacher feedback of student progress and ways to improve are wonderful. They listen and look for new ways to approach any concern and solve them before they can become a problem. They are immediately responsive. The parent support of the school is fantastic. You can't keep the volunteers busy enough!

Kingston is best of the best. Excellent teachers and staff serving an excellent community in the Little Neck/Kings Grant area. This school has long been a top performer. Facilities are good, PTA is strong, educators are talented.

Kingston is not like other VBPS. The student base comes from the elite Little Neck neighborhood which finds parents providing their children with many opportunities to enrich their lives with parental involvement, travel, extracurricular activity, active interest in their child's academic success, etc.. couple that with a wonderful elementary school full of teachers who care about the success of their students and you have a wonderful positive place to send your children to learn. The success of Kingston is indicative of all pieces coming together!

This school rocks. The teachers and staff are top notch. They differentiate instruction and they put the childre first. I have had great experiences at this school with all of my children. I would recommend it to all VB residents. The person who wrote the "influenced and run by conservative....." is WRONG.

Before moving to Virginia Beach I reviewed schools with Greatschools.org. Kingston Elementary sounded like a great school for my child. She is very bright and has a great attitude about learning and life itself. I decided that I would give Kingston a try. We moved into the neighborhood in order to be in this school zone. I found Kingston Elementary to be an outstanding school. My daughter is excited to go to school and learn new things every day. She also comes home very happy day after day. She has learned so much during her 2 years there. The staff is great and they are led by an outstanding principle. Parent involvement is unmatched. We are in the military and we are moving again. I know finding another school at the same level as Kingston will be difficult. The most important thing that we as a family will miss is Kingston Elementary. Thank you for being a very important part of our life.

Last modified Kingston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.