Virginia Beach, VA

Posted April 09, 2015
I love this school and it is sad that it is our last year here due to relocation. This school works hard to make sure the kids are succeeding. My child has an IEP and they stay on top of it and make sure he is meeting every milestone and more. I could not be happier with the care and education my child has received since he has attended!!

Linkhorn Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
My son attends the Math & Science Academy at Linkhorn. Overall we've been pleased but we have felt that there has not been as much communication with the parents as we would like. However, this year we are lucky enough to have a new principal, Barbara Sessoms. She was the principal at my son's previous school (W.T. Cooke) and we thought she did a fabulous job. We are already starting to see some changes and hope that she'll be able to continue improving.

Posted January 23, 2012
I love everything about Linkhorn. Very sad that Linda Sidone (principal) has retired, but I feel confident there will be somebody equally as good to take her place. The parent involvement is amazing!!

Posted August 24, 2011
I've had kids going to Linkhorn Park Elementary for 8 years now & I've never had an issue. The teachers are absolutely wonderful, the staff go above & beyond to help you, & the students never go without what they need thanks to all the generous parents that donate their time/money. I've volunteered there for years & I really enjoy working with students as well as the staff. The school as an incredible Math & Science Academy, which begins in 3rd grade, & my daughters love it! My husband & I had considered putting our kids in private school early on, but we're glad we didn't go through it as Linkhorn sets the bar high & continues to to meet it every year!

Posted April 30, 2010
I love this school! My fourth grader has had the best experiences here with teachers who are fun, fair and wonderful educators. The principal is always visible and available for any questions or concerns as is the VP and the office staff is cheerful and helpful. My daughter has soared in reading this year, and the extra help she receives in math is all due to in house tutoring available to every student. I am proud to say she is an honor roll student each quarter this year and it is all due to the hard work and dedication of the teachers! Mrs. Ware and Mrs. Phillips are great to work with and stay in constant communication with parents and the second grade staff was equally accommodating. THIS is the place to be in VA Beach.

Posted January 07, 2009
excellent school! my son is in kindergarten and his teachers are amazing and the school itself is just awsome! all the parents welcome you like family and mrs.sidone is an outstanding principle! Go linkhorn lions! plus: the EDK for kindergarteners is an awsome program and im glad that they offer it and my son has had such a huge improvement in learning! thank you mrs.joyce!

Posted November 10, 2007
Linkhorn Park is a wonderful school. Ms. Sidone has made great improvement these past two years.

Posted May 12, 2007
The academic programs are nothing short of outstanding. They make school fun, and incorporate learning into every aspect of each day in many creative ways. I do wish there were more extracurricular activities available for the Kindergartners. The staff is very warm and friendly which creates a productive learning environment for the students. The parent involvement level is very impressive. There are many parents that contribute to the success and sense of community that the school provides. We are very pleased that our daughter attends such an outstanding school.

Linkhorn Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2006
Linkhorn Park is the best public school in America. The math/science academy is an example of excellence in achedmics. The PTA is a shining example of the community behind public education. Bingo night, monster mash, after-school forigen language program, monthly cultural assemblies, field trips, are all above and beyond activities that families love. Kudos to the outstanding faculty and staff. The facility is state of the art with the science lab and the computer lab. It is all that a school should be...a safe learning environment that makes learning fun. We are proud of our school.

Posted January 19, 2006
This is my daughters 2nd year at Linkhorn and I believe it is a super school. She has learned so much and seems to be adjusting very well. Mrs. Beverly (1st) and Mrs. Rendon (2nd) have been a god sent to my child. The staff at Linkhorn are there to help and ensure advancement for the children! GREAT JOB, LINKHORN!

Linkhorn Park Elementary School
977 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified Linkhorn Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linkhorn Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top