Linkhorn Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
My son attends the Math & Science Academy at Linkhorn. Overall we've been pleased but we have felt that there has not been as much communication with the parents as we would like. However, this year we are lucky enough to have a new principal, Barbara Sessoms. She was the principal at my son's previous school (W.T. Cooke) and we thought she did a fabulous job. We are already starting to see some changes and hope that she'll be able to continue improving.

Posted January 23, 2012
I love everything about Linkhorn. Very sad that Linda Sidone (principal) has retired, but I feel confident there will be somebody equally as good to take her place. The parent involvement is amazing!!

Posted August 24, 2011
I've had kids going to Linkhorn Park Elementary for 8 years now & I've never had an issue. The teachers are absolutely wonderful, the staff go above & beyond to help you, & the students never go without what they need thanks to all the generous parents that donate their time/money. I've volunteered there for years & I really enjoy working with students as well as the staff. The school as an incredible Math & Science Academy, which begins in 3rd grade, & my daughters love it! My husband & I had considered putting our kids in private school early on, but we're glad we didn't go through it as Linkhorn sets the bar high & continues to to meet it every year!

Posted April 30, 2010
I love this school! My fourth grader has had the best experiences here with teachers who are fun, fair and wonderful educators. The principal is always visible and available for any questions or concerns as is the VP and the office staff is cheerful and helpful. My daughter has soared in reading this year, and the extra help she receives in math is all due to in house tutoring available to every student. I am proud to say she is an honor roll student each quarter this year and it is all due to the hard work and dedication of the teachers! Mrs. Ware and Mrs. Phillips are great to work with and stay in constant communication with parents and the second grade staff was equally accommodating. THIS is the place to be in VA Beach.

Posted January 07, 2009
excellent school! my son is in kindergarten and his teachers are amazing and the school itself is just awsome! all the parents welcome you like family and mrs.sidone is an outstanding principle! Go linkhorn lions! plus: the EDK for kindergarteners is an awsome program and im glad that they offer it and my son has had such a huge improvement in learning! thank you mrs.joyce!

Posted August 28, 2008

Posted March 28, 2008

Posted November 10, 2007
Linkhorn Park is a wonderful school. Ms. Sidone has made great improvement these past two years.

Linkhorn Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2007

Posted May 12, 2007
The academic programs are nothing short of outstanding. They make school fun, and incorporate learning into every aspect of each day in many creative ways. I do wish there were more extracurricular activities available for the Kindergartners. The staff is very warm and friendly which creates a productive learning environment for the students. The parent involvement level is very impressive. There are many parents that contribute to the success and sense of community that the school provides. We are very pleased that our daughter attends such an outstanding school.

Linkhorn Park Elementary School
977 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23454
Last modified Linkhorn Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linkhorn Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top