Virginia Beach, VA

Posted December 04, 2014
Love this school! I have two children attending! Teachers and supporting staff are very friendly and have been very helpful! My kids love their teachers!

Posted March 11, 2014
My son has been attending this school for two years. He likes the school..Very good school.. teachers are helpful.. close to many place...

Posted September 09, 2011
My son has been attending this school for several years. The staff and teachers are excellent. They have been very involved and helped us along the way with our son who has ADD and learning disabilities. They have worked with us to determine what works best for him and have been very open and willing to make changes.

Posted April 18, 2011
Sometimes you don't realize what you have untill its gone. My kids attended this school for 2 years. The staff and the teachers here are just amazing. I mean amazing. from the front office, the security, the maintenance, to all the teachers, awesome! My kids current school is a huge let down. The teachers teachers truly cared about my kids and to them it seeemed like they had soo much encouragement, and they were soo happy going to this school. I would say of course some students here I wish didn't attend, some parents really need to step up and be there for there kids. If I could change anything it would be to change some of the students who are just too much these days. I was a very happy parent to send my kids here. It was so easy to get in contact with the teachers and anyone. They all seemed to care. You could walk in and be greeted by Mr. Carabello. The front office was very friendly, the principal and vice principal are awesome!!! very involved with keeping the kids happy, on track and parent involvement is a plus. It is very easy to voice your concern, and even just to say hello. They are very friendly. I love the PTA events as well. I miss my kids friends there as well.

Luxford Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2010
My daughter was in kindergarten in this school. She was placed with a substitute teacher for half the year. She was not successfully reading. We pulled her from this school and placed her in Portsmouth schools where my wife works as a nurse. She was reading within two weeks. Not only that the transportation system stunk. She was missed by the bus three times. It took a couple weeks to get things straightened out.

Posted September 22, 2009

Luxford Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
my daughter attended luxford,now my grandaughter,it is a reat school

Posted August 25, 2009

Luxford Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2008
This is our first year at Luxford and my family and I really impressed. I love the teacher/student ratio. My 2nd grader has 15 kids in her class and my kindergartner has 18 kids with a teacher and assistant teacher. Their teachers seem are great. The principal is visible and personable and seems to genuinely care about the students. The only thing that I wonder about is that there is not a lot of reading or writing assignments for my kindergartner. Luckily she knows how to read a little and knows how to sound out words, but I'm sure there are other K students who need more emphasis on these areas.

Luxford Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2008
I have a child with ADHD. This is his first year in a public school, and we have found Luxford ES wonderful for him. The 1st grade teacher that he has, has over 35 years of experience and has gone out of her way to work with him and us. So far he loves everything that he has been involved with and loves this school.

Luxford Elementary School
4808 Haygood Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23455
Last modified Luxford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luxford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top