Virginia Beach, VA

Posted June 10, 2011
My 2nd grader and 3rd grader goes to newtown elem. They both love it and so do I. They really embrace involved parents. They have a well kept campus and involved teachers and principle. They focus on teaching the children leadership by teaching public speaking and thinking before you act. They incorporate "7 habits of highly effective children" The school always has family nights and events oging on throughout the year to help parents and children and teachers work as a team for the benefit of our children I am a very pleased parent

Newtown Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2010
If you want a school that's dedicated to the lowest possible acceptable standard, rewards students with "honor roll" for having 70-79pt Cs, and will brainwash your child with "The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People," then Newtown is for you.

Posted August 30, 2010
I think any problems this school has are directly related to the students. The facility is gorgeous and pristine; the equipment is up-to-date and well-utilized; the teaching staff is superb! That being said, my child has had considerable trouble with bullying and the tiresome, ad nauseum repetition of even the simplest lesson plans. Parents, please HELP your kids. This helps your school.

Posted January 29, 2010
My 3rd grader loves this school. She has been at the tri-campus since kindergarten and we have not had any problems. We have had wonderful teachers evry year.

Posted November 11, 2009
The sad thing is that these reviews are quite old. Newtown Elementary is a diverse student-centered culture where I would be proud to place my own child. It has evolved into what I would consider one of the best schools in the beach.

Posted November 01, 2007
My daughter started this school recently and I have to say that this is a horrible school. They do not know how to occupy the kids with things. they call me all the time about the smallest things and I am like wow, you called me for that. I plan on transfering my kid once the year is up.

Posted June 22, 2005
- a staff
Since coming to Newtown Road Elementary, I have found it to be a very inviting school. The staff and students are both welcoming. the programs go above and beyond what I have seen at other schools. The SOL night that is held each year is a true extravaganza! Students needs are met ech day by kind, compassionate teachers. Teachers are always willing to go the extra mile and stay late for student events and programs. They are also always willing to give all they have for a student in need.

Posted February 07, 2005
I have a niece and nephew who attend Newtown Road Elementary. They Love it there! They have many caring and wonderful teachers who always look out for them. The Teachers are Outstanding! The School has many great programs for the students like math night, SOL night, afterschool tutoring, and Early Discoveries. The teachers go out of their way to make science come alive with hands on activities. The Teachers often buy additional supplies for the students because parents can't do so. I am very fortunate that my niece and nephew have such a wonderful and safe place to learn. My hat goes off to you!

Posted January 31, 2005
This school is HORTIBLE! I cant believe they are still allowed to teach! Teachers are rude and loud, very brass. They even stand up on the stage with a microphone pointing individuals out to be quiet! It's very disturbing. My son was threatened with his life - in KINDERGARTEN! Nothing was done - how sad is this? This school has an extremely high percentage of kids receiving free/reduced meals - this only shows that the area is in poverty. Nothing wrong with that but does the school need to act like it? This school is about as ghetto as they come. It is THE worst school I have ever been a part of and am VERY ashamed my boys had to go there for one year. BEWARE, VIOLENCE IS PREVELANT HERE! Teachers are cold & callus!

Posted September 27, 2004
I feel as if some of the teachers just don't care about the children they are teaching. Last year my six year old daughter had some of her supplies stolen when she told the teacher who it was that has been taking her things the teacher said well you need to work it out on your own, as if she was an adult. Plus when I contacted the school no one ever called me back or responed to my letters. Thankfully a new teacher came in after the holidays.

Newtown Elementary School
5277 Learning Circle, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Newtown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newtown Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top