Bad
Good

This is my child's first AND last year of school at Newtown Elementary school! My child, who is diagnosed with having ADHD, has been punched in the face twice by two former classmates, belittled by one teacher, the school nurse, and a cafeteria worker...each case I have complained to the staff. The issues, as the staff would say, have been resolved but it just seems like one bad thing after another keeps happening. Once I told the principal that I was taking my child out the school, she made me seem as if I was/am the problem or that I'm incompetent because I constantly confront the issues my child is having in that school. My next step is visiting the superintendent and getting my child transferred. Other parents have complained to me about the staff as well but are scared to speak out because of the fear of retaliation against their children. I don't recommend any child attending that school. It seems like some of the staff just doesn't care about the children. This review was originally posted on January 29, 2015…

My 2nd grader and 3rd grader goes to newtown elem. They both love it and so do I. They really embrace involved parents. They have a well kept campus and involved teachers and principle. They focus on teaching the children leadership by teaching public speaking and thinking before you act. They incorporate "7 habits of highly effective children" The school always has family nights and events oging on throughout the year to help parents and children and teachers work as a team for the benefit of our children I am a very pleased parent

If you want a school that's dedicated to the lowest possible acceptable standard, rewards students with "honor roll" for having 70-79pt Cs, and will brainwash your child with "The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People," then Newtown is for you.

I think any problems this school has are directly related to the students. The facility is gorgeous and pristine; the equipment is up-to-date and well-utilized; the teaching staff is superb! That being said, my child has had considerable trouble with bullying and the tiresome, ad nauseum repetition of even the simplest lesson plans. Parents, please HELP your kids. This helps your school.

My 3rd grader loves this school. She has been at the tri-campus since kindergarten and we have not had any problems. We have had wonderful teachers evry year.

The sad thing is that these reviews are quite old. Newtown Elementary is a diverse student-centered culture where I would be proud to place my own child. It has evolved into what I would consider one of the best schools in the beach.

My daughter started this school recently and I have to say that this is a horrible school. They do not know how to occupy the kids with things. they call me all the time about the smallest things and I am like wow, you called me for that. I plan on transfering my kid once the year is up.

Last modified Newtown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.