Bad
Good

Staff is excellent for the most part. The principal on the other hand is caustic and needs to retire.

The teachers are great, the principal not so much. My son went to the school as did my grandchildren, both times I had run-ins with the principal. This last time she accused me of lying about a parking situation, even after I had explained to her that I had been directed by staff. I can understand her concern, but not her demeanor. I think it is time for her to retire. As to the teachers, they are wonderful and this school is a hidden gem in Virginia Beach.

I went to this school for 5 years the teachers are AMAZING!!! but the principle isn't the best she could be....she didn't really do anything to help the school. Also she doesn't talk to parents that well. I had a teacher (she had a bad review from some friends) and my mom asked to switch teachers and she automatically said no and didn't even listen to what my mom had to say.

My grandchild has been at NLES for three years. I've been so impressed with all the care and concern from all the teachers. Before this she was in a private school in NOVA and it was a real disappointment. I hate to leave this school and all the wonderful people that make it so great.

My daughter is in the 4th grade and has attended this school since kindergarten and loves it. So far all of her teachers are very involved and understand the special needs of military families. Academics are some of the best in the state and it shows in the SOL scores. I've lived in Northern Virginia and the parent / teacher interaction here is much more personal and they are genuinely interested in the students.

my grandchildren go to North Landing and enjoy the teachers and the school. The teachers take the time to teach the kids.

Our family has been extremely pleased with the teachers and leadership within North Landing Elementary School. The school counselor, Mrs. Boocks, has assisted our family through deployments (with special children-of-deployed parents groups) and family illness. The teachers have presented material in a challenging and creative way; they are also an extremely caring group of professionals. One of my children has required extra assistance in math and reading. The afterschool tutor clubs were fun, and my child was not made to feel embarassed or inferior for attending. Ms. Barkey was wonderful in assisting my child in reading. My other child, yet not old enough for the gifted classes, is challenged in the classroom and encouraged to be a creative and analytical thinker. We've had many exceptional teachers! The students in this school also have attentive and involved parents . Overall, my children have thrived at this fine school.

Last modified North Landing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.