North Landing Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2014
I went to this school for 5 years the teachers are AMAZING!!! but the principle isn't the best she could be....she didn't really do anything to help the school. Also she doesn't talk to parents that well. I had a teacher (she had a bad review from some friends) and my mom asked to switch teachers and she automatically said no and didn't even listen to what my mom had to say.

Posted June 09, 2013
My grandchild has been at NLES for three years. I've been so impressed with all the care and concern from all the teachers. Before this she was in a private school in NOVA and it was a real disappointment. I hate to leave this school and all the wonderful people that make it so great.

Posted September 07, 2011
My daughter is in the 4th grade and has attended this school since kindergarten and loves it. So far all of her teachers are very involved and understand the special needs of military families. Academics are some of the best in the state and it shows in the SOL scores. I've lived in Northern Virginia and the parent / teacher interaction here is much more personal and they are genuinely interested in the students.

Posted October 10, 2010
my grandchildren go to North Landing and enjoy the teachers and the school. The teachers take the time to teach the kids.

North Landing Elementary School 0

Posted February 29, 2008
Our family has been extremely pleased with the teachers and leadership within North Landing Elementary School. The school counselor, Mrs. Boocks, has assisted our family through deployments (with special children-of-deployed parents groups) and family illness. The teachers have presented material in a challenging and creative way; they are also an extremely caring group of professionals. One of my children has required extra assistance in math and reading. The afterschool tutor clubs were fun, and my child was not made to feel embarassed or inferior for attending. Ms. Barkey was wonderful in assisting my child in reading. My other child, yet not old enough for the gifted classes, is challenged in the classroom and encouraged to be a creative and analytical thinker. We've had many exceptional teachers! The students in this school also have attentive and involved parents . Overall, my children have thrived at this fine school.

Posted January 06, 2007

North Landing Elementary School 3

Posted February 13, 2006
Having moved here from a school system with many programs I was disappointed by the lack of them at this school. There are no clubs, after school activities or study groups. The academic programs are average, but lacking compared to the schools in Fairfax County, where we lived before. I have a special needs son and have had to fight for some of his services, and feel the have done the bare minimum for him. Parent involvement is very large here. The PTA is at 100% and parents are involved with fundraisers and volunteering. Don't get me wrong, it is a good school, it just didn't quite meet the needs of our children.

Posted May 28, 2004
I have had four children at N. Landing. It is a hidden treasure at the beach~ from the administration to the teachers to the janitorial staff: every person there cares about the children. If the guidance counselor is out and a child needs to talk, the office secretaries step in with a hug and kleenex. I can email the teachers and keep up with how my kids are doing, and the principal, Mrs. Risney, is always available. This is a growing, thriving school and I'm thrilled to be involved with such a great group of people.

Posted August 25, 2003
My son is part of the special education program. So we have special needs that exceed those of other mainstreamed students. After coming from another state, I cannot believe how excellent this school is in providing great quality education and emotional support for our kids. I cannot begin to compare it with the last school my son attended. The teachers are open to suggestions from parents and not defensive at all. They really strive to maintain a solid line of communication with parents. This can only benefit our students!

Posted August 15, 2003
North Landing Elementary is one of Virginia Beach's best kept secrets. My 2 children (boy & girl) enjoy going to school there. The teachers are excellent and I have yet to have a bad experience during my children's tenure.

North Landing Elementary School
2929 N Landing Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified North Landing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Landing Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top