Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Do not attend this school or its programs. I have been personally harassed by staff members here and have been called derogatory terms previously. I also suffer from a mental disability and one of the teachers personally told me I needed to "focus more" the PE staff its self is incredibly rude to so many people. People shouldn't make assumptions about you unless they no everything that's going on in your life. But that's EXACTLY what they do here. I'm glad I am leaving the school. Terrible.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

NO. Absolutely not. I have been harassed for having ADD by my teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They belittle the children, it's absolutely awful. Please do not send your child here.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Overloads the students in a stressful and harmful way.

Plaza MYP has been very good for my son, although it can certainly be challenging. I've enjoyed seeing him grow and develop and realize his own potential through being part of such a distinctive program. The leadership is disturbingly liberal, allowing some age-inappropriate material to be shown in an English class. They also have not always done a great job of providing the best instruction-- something that an Academy school should deliver. But all in all, it has been a good experience, one that I would highly recommend for the right type of student.

I am a student at Plaza and I think it is a good school but the relationships between the IB and zoned kids royally suck. I think the teachers are great but if they could just stop treating the two groups so differently...

I am a student at plaza and I think that it's a school with many talented teachers but it also has a lot of faults.It's true the school is poor and teachers buy equipment.The teachers spend their money to buy pencils and rulers which are simply a must have at any school.it's pathetic that the school cannot afford them. I personally didn't like the principal but this year we have a new one though I don't know him enough to judge. I think the school has its level of punishment directed towards the wrong things. I pity the teachers at times because of how horrid the students are but the teachers don't do much about it. Because of this there is not enough respect.if youre a teacher it isn't a good idea to be dull and boring.if you care about your students' success than keep it interesting!this school isn't fair cuz a group/class/team/grade are punished for a few students' screw-ups.the custodians should be replaced because it's filthy! I found a rat trap next to the bleachers in the gym during p.e.!Money is wasted.The students are out of control but that's the parents' fault. Raise your kids correctly people! I wouldn't recommend plaza cause honestly they don't know what they're doing.

I now have my 2nd child at Plaza middle school and I will say I am surprised how great it has turned out. When my oldest was to go to Plaza I was not thrilled. I grew up in VA Beach and know Plaza reputation, but I will say I was surprised by the quality of teachers at this school. If I had an issue or concern a teacher would contact me back either my email or with a call back. My oldest went here without knowing anyone because we had sent him out of district for elementary and I will say by the end of the 1st nine weeks he has a lot of friends, and most he still knows now. The chorus program is excellent and like all schools it has it problems but as long as you keep up with your child you will have no problems

I am a current 8th grader in the MYP program at Plaza. Let me say, that this school is most definitely the worst I have ever attended. The administrators are so rude and unprofessional, eating constantly and only using their work computers for lunch groupons. The school 'policies' are pulled out of thin air, nothing is in writing and evenly enforced. It really depends on how connected you are as to how often you get in trouble. The dress code is entirely too strict and unevenly enforced, often resulting in the same hundreds of girls (only girls) in the office, with the most horrid woman on the face of the earth, the discipline assistant. Also, there is a common hatred of MYP students throughout the whole school from other students and from the administration. This school is all about ruling with an iron fist, I assure you that your child will never receive mercy, regardless of the situation. Please, save yourself, save your child, don't go to Plaza.

I am an 8th grader at Plaza Middle School and I have enjoyed being at PMS every since I first came there in the 7th grade. The teachers are very nice and reliable and trustworthy and I thank God for both the students and teachers.

Last modified Plaza Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.