Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Point O' View Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2016
This school is horrid. Once, they lost our son on the bus. Dropped him off, where he didn't live. Thank God, he knew not to listen ( only time I'm thankful he didn't listen ) to get off the bus. Evidently, some random teacher told our 7 yr old, to get on the wrong bus, due to route changes. Additionally, the kids here are a bit rough. I feel like I'm back in Queens, NY. I moved from Nyc, to get away from an abrasive environment for my kids. We live in a nice community, but you'd never guess in this hell hole. It needs dire fixing...

Grateful to: Student

Posted April 25, 2016
My kids, for enduring hell here! We're moving! Can't wait... This place is a zoo.

Point O' View Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2014
I enjoy this school. the teachers are friendly and helpful and actually care about the kids. The try hard to to help them succeed. It is a good school. We have had no problems here.

Point O' View Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Something terrible has happened with this school since the administration change. The students are out of control because nothing is ever done as far as discipline. My child has been bullied endlessly & to the point that I have thought of withdrawing her & homeschooling. The staff morale is so low that several teachers are leaving. I would never recommend this school to anyone until the school system corrects the problem with the administration. It used to be a great school, now it's probably one of the worst & the test scores show it.

Point O' View Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
Horrible school. The office staff and principle at this are terrible. My 7 year old was assaulted on the bus and they treated us like we were a nuisance. One year was more than enough at this school.

Posted October 07, 2013
We have nothing but fantastic things to say about this school! The staff are caring, And surpass the needs of each child. Why is this school only rated a 4?!?

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers and administrators care about their stucents.

Posted April 23, 2009
Point O' View is an excellent school for any child to attend. If you are interested in your child getting a great education in a warm and friendly environment, then this school is definately for you.

Posted January 29, 2008
This is an excellent school and I would recommend POV because there is a lot of help and cooperation from the parents. Without their help, the teacher's job would be very difficult.

Posted December 29, 2006
We love POV. We were very worried about sending our daughter to start 1st grade at a public school, after Kindergarten at a small private school. We have been very pleasantly surprised! Everyone I have spoken to at the school is polite, friendly and knowledgeable. There are lots of programs to recognize students for their accomplishments, Accelerated Reader, Super Citizen, Caught being Good, etc. The PTA does a wonderful job organizing family events, movie nights, cashola nights, Breakfast with Santa, to name a few. I would definitely recommend POV to anyone! We are looking to buy a house right now, and I am hoping we can find one in this district, because we do not want her to change schools! Also, my 4 yr old is in the preschool speech program at POV, she loves it, is progressing well, and is looking forward to Kindergarten at POV!

5400 Parliament Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Point O' View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.