Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
It means the world to our family that my son's Special Ed Teacher, Mrs. Barbour, works with him and us to support his dyslexia. She is so determined to meet his needs and accommodations. She is supportive in every way in addition to being smart, compassionate and engaging! We are so lucky and so thankful! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Mrs. Barbour! You are the Best!

Posted June 22, 2014
I Love PAMS! From the teachers, to the principals, to the lunch ladies, This is totally the school to be at! People don't disrespect others and students get punished fairly based on bad actions. It's safe, loyal, and promising!

Princess Anne Middle School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
Princess Anne Middle has some great teachers and overall does a great job with its students. My problem is that it does a terrible job with minority students. It not only allows them to be bullied and ostracized, the administration is complicit in the actions. You are not allowed to be different in any way at PA Middle without students and faculty coming down hard on you.

Posted August 11, 2010
I have had children in this school since 2004 and bought our house specifically in this district for PA Middle. A strength for the school is that most of the children come from families where education is valued; however, a lot of the students come from families that have "too much disposable income" and the students often have a "been there, done that" attitude. The gifted program has steadily improved in the past four years and is one of the strongest at the Beach. There is some inequity between the amount of rigor and use of "different" strategies between gifted cores on a grade level. School activities seem to center around sports--not enough active clubs for students to lead. SCA and NJHS do most of the "activities" for the students. An excellent principal for the past three years, but he has been promoted. New principal has a great reputation.

Posted May 19, 2010
I forgot one thing(I'm the seventh grader from the last post)I have a friend that is in special ed and is also in seventh grade and he's complained a lot to me at my house and at the bus about what it's like to be in special ed and how he doesn't like it.He said that he hasn't gotten to an exploratory all year and he was taken out of his in the first quarter of is first one.He needs some time out of the same thing,to have some fun for a change.He also says how his special ed English teacher is very annoying along with one of the kids he goes to almost every class with.He thinks he should be in some other position and I think the same.I for one would probably the only one to stand up for a friend like this for HIS advantages instead of mine.

Posted March 14, 2010
I am a seventh grade student that goes to PAMS and I am in the gifted cluster with some of the best teachers for the grade. It is a good education but I do have some cons. The gifted teachers teach you well and make you learn fast but overload you with work every day. You get 2 - 5 projects a week, and this is not an exaggeration. But I get over this by implementing time management on like other students that just wait until the last moment and then fail. Another con is that their is no discipline, today a teacher got cussed out in front of the whole class and the student got away without getting in trouble, it spread all around the school and this teacher is now a laughing stock. Another thing is that kids here have sex, do drugs, and have broken kids spines here.

Posted October 23, 2009
As a student at PAMS for 2 year so far, I am overall pleased with the school. The large majority of the teachers are very nice and do a great job of teaching the students. The gifted program is amazing and I feel I have finally been challenged after many different schools from moving. It has a few downsides, and the exploratories should be a bit harder, but besides that, I would greatly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 29, 2009
I love PA i have been with them since 2004 i have one that move up to high school and two in PA another child that will be their in two years. PA has excellent teachers and they are very helpful. The staff is very pleasant. they have a excellent program for the kids.and many after school activities also. i would love to have all kids go their.

Posted February 25, 2009
I am a 6th grader at PA middle. So far this school has been really great! The teachers always try to make time to tutor when needed. The enviorment seems to be pretty clean and well kept. I have learned a lot at this school and I love that they have a program for gifted students because I think if I were in core class I would be sliding through them with A's it would not be helpful to me. But, with this program I am challenged which is good for me.I do have to say I have been absent a good amount of days this year. The teachers do show fustration when I get back from being out but I try to explain why to them. Sometimes they just don't seem to want to hear. My mom has been very pleased with this school so i recommend sending your kids.

Posted January 30, 2009
I go to PAMS and I am in the eight grade. I love this school so much! Many teachers are great and love to teach and are supportive. Core teams are like families. The eight graders get freedom and fun. However, discipline is horrible. Nobody really gets in huge trouble at PAMS. The teacher's don't stick up for themselves when a student is being rude in their class, interrupting others learning. I was harrassed a few months ago and reported it immediately. They made me fill out an incident report... didn't cut it for us. We went straight to the Superintendent. Now they don't mess with me. But you see, we had to go all the way to get the Superintendent to take care of it! Oh well, I still love this school!

2323 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA  23453
Last modified Princess Anne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.