Shelton Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2014
Check the school's SOL scores by grade level. If your child has a disability their chances of passing the SOLs are significantly lower than a student without disabilities. This school does not put the needs of a disabled child first. The desires of the reasonable parent are not taken into regard. If your child has not been identified as a child with disabilities prior to enrollment prepare to fight for their rights. I personally have had the worst experience with this school in comparison to anywhere else.

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter has been going to Shelton Park for the last two years. Her kindergarten teacher was awesome!! Worked with all the kids one on one if need be and helped them progress further as a class and individually aswell. Her first grade teacher is just as awesome! The teachers at Shelton Park take their time to get to know their students strengths and weaknesses. They at times may seem hard but they like to give our children some challenges in order for them to excel even more. This school has strong ties with military families as well and understands the needs of the military children. We enjoy this school and hope to remain in this school for as long as we are stationed here :)

Posted March 12, 2012
I am very pleased with my son's kindergarden teacher and my other son 4th greade teacher. Great school.

Posted January 04, 2012
I'm so sorry we have to move away from this wonderful school at the end of the year. My child is in Kindergarten, and his teachers are amazing! The teachers and front desk staff, are always so friendly and helpful. I was worried the all day Kindergarten would be too taxing on my son, but he has blossomed so much, and loves school! We're not even halfway through the school year, and I am amazed at how much his reading skills have improved. Any parent should consider themselves lucky, if their child attends Shelton Park!

Shelton Park Elementary School 0

Posted January 03, 2009
Lowest ratios in all of VAB's elem schools. We have K and 2nd graders and both are very successful in Shelton Park.

Shelton Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2008
I am very disatisfied with Shelton Park and the way the children with disabilities are treated by some of the staff. The principle has a hidden agenda to say the least. Building a childs educational selfesteem should be of the upmost importance to us all.

Posted February 28, 2007
I am very pleased with the faculty and staff of Shelton Park. This is the only school that my children have ever attended and we feel like part of the family there. They have a great gifted resource program and the all day kindergarten is fantastic.

Posted December 08, 2006

Posted May 03, 2006
I really love this school. the staff is so involved with the students learning. Also to pick up your child you have to have an id ready for them to view. Excellent neighborhood. The scool is so clean and neat. And they pass all of their test with high scores. Bravo!

Posted July 07, 2005
This school is fabulous. I love it. We have been here for almost 5 years and will be here 5 more. My daughter has had some truly wonderful teachers at this school. She loves school and I know it's because of Shelton Park and their wonderful staff. She is in a lot of after school programs like SCA and Chess Club. Wonderful place to be.

Shelton Park Elementary School
1700 Shelton Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23455
Last modified Shelton Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelton Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top