Virginia Beach, VA

Posted November 11, 2014
Very nice school .All staff members are really nice and principal Pastros took school to different directions

Posted April 17, 2014
My family and I love Thalia. The teachers really care and take time out with each child. My youngest was having difficulty. The teacher all the way up to specialists worked with my son, husband and myself until he got back on track. We are very pleased.

Posted January 28, 2014
This is truly a terrific school. Although I've read some of the complaints about the pick-up system, I think it has little impact on the quality of education received by the children. I have been very pleased with my children's teachers!

Thalia Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
My son loved this school :) The kids and teachers were so nice. One incident where my sound was getting bullied on the bus and the school l didn't waste no time handling that...

Posted October 24, 2013
Our story. We moved to Virginia Beach in May of this year. Prior to living here we lived in Norfolk, where the school system is pretty good as well. Unfortunately, my kids did not have a good experience in the Public School they attended. The teachers were still remarkable but my children faced what most students faces today. They were bullied and because of the lack of diversity they were not really welcomed. Since moving here and having them attend Thalia Elementary, my heart has been in such a relief. My children LOVE going there and do not feel like that they have to be like everyone else to be there. The school is diverse, friendly and the school teachers and administrators are just awesome. The school really has it together. I have never experienced parent involvement as much as I do here. My kids are finally happy. They have confidence in themselves, and their school. I was blessed to come across a school that actually felt like family. I was equally impressed with how much they are involved with the community as well as our city. My eldest is in 5th grade and my youngest is in 1st, so I look forward to the coming years. As I am sure they are looking forward to it as well.

Posted February 21, 2012
my daughter has had a great experience at Thahlia and we are very happy there

Thalia Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2011
Dropping the kids off at school in the morning and afternoons is a nightmare... they need to come up with a better system.. The bell rings at 2:30, please tell me why I am waiting in my car for 45 mins to pick up my son.. Malibu, has a great system.. they make the parents have signs made for parent pick up, and they walk to the cars write down the names, and then they release the children to the parents...Thalia really it shouldn't take you guys 45 min to release a child, I can do it faster for you. Also, read the signs and not say out loud I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS.. it just makes the parent upset.... Also, the office staff, needs to be little nicer to the parents, it seems to me that always are stuck up when I come up there. makes me think how they interact with the students???

Posted August 16, 2011
What a great school and staff. We had an issue with another child in the classroom and the teacher and the staff corrected the problem.

Posted June 28, 2011
This will be my second year of teaching at Thalia Elementary. I had previously taught in the Norfolk Public School system and had a terrible experience. Thankfully, working at Thalia has been a wonderful experience and I'm proud to be a VBCPS employee. This school has a reputation that everyone is treated like family. This is true! Thalia has supportive parents, excellent teachers, and friendly staff. I can't wait to start the 2011-2012 school year. Many teachers were crying as the buses pulled away for summer vacation. We are so proud of all our kids!

Thalia Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2009
During 1st and 2nd grade the experience at Thalia was wonderful for us and our daughter. The 3rd grade, however, has been challenging. The teachers have been awsome but her classmates are very disruptive. These days when kids are disruptive the whole class gets punished. I'd like to see more individual discipline (principal/parent notification) for those kids that are disruptive so the kids that are being good are not punished, not to mention distracted from learning. The no child left behind rule must have consequences for bad behavior.

Thalia Elementary School
421 Thalia Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23452
Last modified Thalia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thalia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top