Virginia Beach, VA

Posted March 26, 2015
I am Kandice Dixon and I teach in Room 21. I want to apologize to the parent of the child who feels unwelcome in my class. I encourage parents to come in and volunteer and have since I began teaching. I kindly request you to contact me so that we can resolve the issues that you and your child are experiencing. If I seemed cold and uncaring, I assure you it was because I was completely unaware of the situation. I look forward to hearing from you so that your daughter has a positive experience here at Thalia.

Posted March 06, 2015
For me this is an excellent school. My son is in this school from last 4 years every year they have shown a progress in each field. Staff has shown a huge involvement.

Thalia Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
My daughter did well in kindergarten but we are very unhappy with her first grade teacher this year. Her teacher seems cold and uncaring towards the children. Every time I offer to volunteer in the classroom, this teacher immediately tells me that she doesn't need any help. My daughter has started not liking school in the first grade!! Keep your children away from room 21!

Posted November 11, 2014
Very nice school .All staff members are really nice and principal Pastros took school to different directions

Posted April 17, 2014
My family and I love Thalia. The teachers really care and take time out with each child. My youngest was having difficulty. The teacher all the way up to specialists worked with my son, husband and myself until he got back on track. We are very pleased.

Posted January 28, 2014
This is truly a terrific school. Although I've read some of the complaints about the pick-up system, I think it has little impact on the quality of education received by the children. I have been very pleased with my children's teachers!

Thalia Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
My son loved this school :) The kids and teachers were so nice. One incident where my sound was getting bullied on the bus and the school l didn't waste no time handling that...

Posted October 24, 2013
Our story. We moved to Virginia Beach in May of this year. Prior to living here we lived in Norfolk, where the school system is pretty good as well. Unfortunately, my kids did not have a good experience in the Public School they attended. The teachers were still remarkable but my children faced what most students faces today. They were bullied and because of the lack of diversity they were not really welcomed. Since moving here and having them attend Thalia Elementary, my heart has been in such a relief. My children LOVE going there and do not feel like that they have to be like everyone else to be there. The school is diverse, friendly and the school teachers and administrators are just awesome. The school really has it together. I have never experienced parent involvement as much as I do here. My kids are finally happy. They have confidence in themselves, and their school. I was blessed to come across a school that actually felt like family. I was equally impressed with how much they are involved with the community as well as our city. My eldest is in 5th grade and my youngest is in 1st, so I look forward to the coming years. As I am sure they are looking forward to it as well.

Posted February 21, 2012
my daughter has had a great experience at Thahlia and we are very happy there

Thalia Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2011
Dropping the kids off at school in the morning and afternoons is a nightmare... they need to come up with a better system.. The bell rings at 2:30, please tell me why I am waiting in my car for 45 mins to pick up my son.. Malibu, has a great system.. they make the parents have signs made for parent pick up, and they walk to the cars write down the names, and then they release the children to the parents...Thalia really it shouldn't take you guys 45 min to release a child, I can do it faster for you. Also, read the signs and not say out loud I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS.. it just makes the parent upset.... Also, the office staff, needs to be little nicer to the parents, it seems to me that always are stuck up when I come up there. makes me think how they interact with the students???

Thalia Elementary School
421 Thalia Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23452
Last modified Thalia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thalia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top