Virginia Beach, VA

Posted June 14, 2015
We love T-good. We have 3 children here currently and have had a great experience for 5 solid years. We are looking to move but don't want to leave the neighborhood because of this school. Teachers and support staff are very experienced and professional. Highly recommended without reservations

Thoroughgood Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2015
We have been at this school for a few years, my special needs child has not received adequate support. We have to reteach lessons when he comes home and bringing this problem to the current Assistant principal in 504 meetings has not been helpful. She shuts down any of the team members who might have ideas about my child that are not what she wants to hear. It is a shame for any school to show such minimal support for their special needs children.

Posted June 08, 2015
We are NATO family. Kids did not speak English when we came to the US. TES has an effective English as a second language program, kids began to speak and write English in 4 months. I can recommend TES to every NATO family. And my 4th grader said: I wish all schools would be like Thoroughgood ES.I think it is enough said in one sentence.

Posted April 17, 2015
Second year at this wonderful school! I cannot stop saying how well organized and effective this school is. All teachers are amazing, our experience with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade are outstanding. Teachers ,who really love their jobs, go far to provide our children everything they need to succeed. Special education staff is very caring and so cooperative. No signs of bullies or mean kids at all. My children love their school and look forward for every new day there. Principal and Vice principal are very professional and caring. I highly recommend this school for all caring parents. After extensive research, I can truly say I chose the perfect one!

Posted February 19, 2015
My kids transferred here after having a terrible experience at John B. Dey. This school has been amazing! The teachers and staff really care about their students and you get a "home-like" feeling as soon as you walk through their doors. Parent involvement is high and offers a lot of chances to be a part of the school. My daughter went from being friendless and hating school to loving it again and feeling a part of a community. Our other child who started kindergarten also looks forward to school everyday. What a great school!

Posted November 04, 2014
This is our first year here. I am very excited about the culture of the school. The teachers and administration are amazing. The only thing bad I can say about the school is that parking is HORRIBLE. The school is nuzzled in a neighborhood with extremely limited parking. Unless you are staff, you likely are parking blocks away for pick up/drop off or school meetings.

Posted September 02, 2014
This is a first year my son attend in the Thoroughgood elementary school. He very enjoy everyday in his class. The school staff and teacher are very nice and we will continue the less of the year in this school

Posted June 11, 2014
I love the small class sizes and the teachers are amazing! My son has a wonderful foundation and love of learning instilled be the teachers and staff at Thoroughgood Elementary.

Posted April 22, 2014
The staff go above and beyond to help the kids succeed! The schools is like our second family. There is a ton of parent involvement, in the classroom and planning after school clubs and activities!

Posted November 20, 2013
We love it.. this is the BEST school my daughters have ever attended. Our experience with the teachers and actually everyone is outstanding. You will never regret bringing your child to this school. We miss thoroughgood elementary school.

Thoroughgood Elementary School
1444 Dunstan Ln, Virginia Beach, VA  23455
Last modified Thoroughgood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thoroughgood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top