Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We have been unimpressed with both Trantwood and the VB school system as a whole. The grading system is simplistic at best and really undermines children's abilities to excel. There is no accountable for poor teachers and poor admins. The parents have little to no say in what goes on. The worst students get the most attention and the best and brightest students get little to none, a terrible system for developing bright minds.

Great school!!!! My children have excelled in this school despite moving towards the end of last year.

School had a principal and assistant principal change in the 2013/2014 school year. So far, this appears to be a VERY positive change. Parent involvement is high. Nearly every class has 1 or 2 moms that basically act as assistants (help with copies, help running labs, etc).

I absolutely love this school. My daughter is in 3rd grade and her teacher is amazing. The school understands that children have strengths and weaknesses and try to work with the children in groups that struggle with certain things. This school is the best elementary school I have ever been a part of. I have 5 children, one in high school and 3 in middle school. I wish all of my children had the opportunity to go to this school. Absolutely amazing! Trantwood keep up the awesome work!

We are about to enter our fourth year at Trantwood. This has been an amazing experience and we are so impressed with the teachers and administration. The principal and assistant principal know EVERY student by name and probably each parent as well. Each teacher has been instrumental in helping our child to succeed and recognizing special talents and gifts as well as noticing a speech delay that our child was able to get additional therapy for. This was extremely proactive. We are so pleased and are looking forward to our other children becoming future Cardinals!!

This is our second year at Trantwood. We are extremely satisfied with all facets of our son's educational experience.

Love, love, love Trantwood! As a mother of three who attend and a former elementary teacher, we have been so happy with this school! It offers a wonderful community feeling along with excellent teachers and a very involved and strong, caring administration.

We have 2 children (1st and 3rd grade) at this school. We have been here about 7 months and we LOVE this school. Our experience has been really good. They are getting a top notch education. I have been happy with the administration, the teachers, the PTA, and the other kids. Our children have really nice friends here. It is just a great place.

I have to rate average because of a couple of different reasons. The focus on SOL's start in Feb. with sol homework everyday. My daughter has also been bullied since starting 3rd grade. I asked them to move her and they didn't. I have been to see the principle and school counselor several times, while they tried to help the bulling still continued. Test scores are not everything as we found out at this school.

I am a parent of a 2nd grader at trantwood and i thing this is a wonderful school. my daughter is very happy with the other children as well as the teachers and is doing very well. the only downside is there are a lot of wealthy families who go here so it sometimes gets hard when you are one of the few lower to middle class that attend. events at the school as well as 'craft' projects can get pricey.

Last modified Trantwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.