Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

When I first enrolled my daughter at this school in 2016 the teacher she originally had was awful. Horrible communication with my daughter and myself. I contacted the principal on several different occasions and nothing seemed to change. One day when I went to pick my daughter up she was being practically pulled down the hallway by her teacher by her forearm. While the teacher was explaining to me why she escorted my nonresistant 6 year old daughter she was still holding my daughter by her forearm. When I asked her why she was holding her in that way her response was that's just the way she holds the kids sometimes. I asked for an immediate transfer. The teachers aide in her new class was an absolute angel. I love her and wish she could be with my daughter everyday. This year my daughter is in 1st grade and I've had continuous problems with my daughters new teacher. I ask questions that go unanswered. When the teacher has an issue with my daughter she adds words to the story that make it seem worse than what actually went down. I asked for the principal to come to a conference with the teacher where she left before I got the chance to voice my concerns about the teacher. I've had issues with the lunch ladies talking my daughter into buying numerous snacks when I've specifically told my daughter to only get one snack with her lunch. They never give her change back to her. I feel a lot of the teachers at this school are on power trips and abuse it daily. If I wasn't worried about my daughter socializing with kids her own age I'd homeschool her!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter was bullied last year on school grounds but because it happened once we walked out the doors nothing was done.

Supports LD students: Disagree

Teacher doesn't take the time to ensure that my daughter understands the directions fully.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They're not. My daughters teacher in my eyes doesn't teach.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There's literally 2-3 problems sent home everyday for homework and half the time my daughter has no clue how to do it because the teacher didn't review it in class that day.

White Oaks is a great school. My daughter has special needs and the school has made adjustments to care to her every need. My daughter has had excellent teachers so far. Her special ed. teachers go above and beyond and we communicate on a daily basis. Which is a plus for me. Highly recommend this school!

This is a great elementary school! My son spent all 6 years, K-5 at WOES. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond helping student achieve educational goals.The special education teachers are like family to us. Parental involvement is great. Some volunteers whose children have left WOES to go onto middle school still volunteer. PTA has the best school dances and bake sales. I'm so excited because I have a little one starting WOES soon.

The time my children spent at White Oaks was a blessing. They have an amazing Gifted Resource Teacher and I love that my daughter who is Identified Gifted could receive her services right there at the school with her friends and in her community and not be shipped off somewhere else. My other daughter who received services under the direction of an amazing IEP staff who were willing to make specific accommodations for her needs even when I decided to homeschool her. The IEP team I had the pleasure of working with always made me feel like I was in charge of my child's education as it should be and they were the tools for me to use to achieve the educational goals I chose for my child. The Speech teacher there is top notch and I love her for all she did for my daughter! Every teacher each of my children and I ever had the pleasure of working with was wonderful. We were there K-4 for one child and K and 1 for the other. We have been at our new school (due to a move) now for almost a full school year, and all I can say is don't take what you have there for granted if you have a student at WOES, get involved and enjoy being a part of a school that is trying it's best!

Single parent of a rising 5th grade girl -- Pros: --Excellent gifted education, love the gifted cluster classes --High parental involvement (military district, so lots of Navy wives/moms as parent volunteers & a good PTA) --Attractive campus w/ good facilities, diverse student body, easy for both military & non-military kids to fit in and find a niche. --Great extracurriculars like dances, talent shows, carnivals, Chik-fil-A and skating fund raiser nights, a few great extracurriculars & clubs offered. --More great, caring teachers than not --Academic achievement & good behavior stressed and well-rewarded Cons: --Could use more extracurricular for grades K-3 --New principal next year--Mrs. Coston will be missed --Administrative response to problems sometimes leaves a little to be desired --Could use better/timely overall communication & website updates

It has ggod teachers. But not enough extra activies for the students

Last modified White Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.