Bad
Good

White Oaks is a great school. My daughter has special needs and the school has made adjustments to care to her every need. My daughter has had excellent teachers so far. Her special ed. teachers go above and beyond and we communicate on a daily basis. Which is a plus for me. Highly recommend this school!

This is a great elementary school! My son spent all 6 years, K-5 at WOES. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. They go above and beyond helping student achieve educational goals.The special education teachers are like family to us. Parental involvement is great. Some volunteers whose children have left WOES to go onto middle school still volunteer. PTA has the best school dances and bake sales. I'm so excited because I have a little one starting WOES soon.

The time my children spent at White Oaks was a blessing. They have an amazing Gifted Resource Teacher and I love that my daughter who is Identified Gifted could receive her services right there at the school with her friends and in her community and not be shipped off somewhere else. My other daughter who received services under the direction of an amazing IEP staff who were willing to make specific accommodations for her needs even when I decided to homeschool her. The IEP team I had the pleasure of working with always made me feel like I was in charge of my child's education as it should be and they were the tools for me to use to achieve the educational goals I chose for my child. The Speech teacher there is top notch and I love her for all she did for my daughter! Every teacher each of my children and I ever had the pleasure of working with was wonderful. We were there K-4 for one child and K and 1 for the other. We have been at our new school (due to a move) now for almost a full school year, and all I can say is don't take what you have there for granted if you have a student at WOES, get involved and enjoy being a part of a school that is trying it's best!

Single parent of a rising 5th grade girl -- Pros: --Excellent gifted education, love the gifted cluster classes --High parental involvement (military district, so lots of Navy wives/moms as parent volunteers & a good PTA) --Attractive campus w/ good facilities, diverse student body, easy for both military & non-military kids to fit in and find a niche. --Great extracurriculars like dances, talent shows, carnivals, Chik-fil-A and skating fund raiser nights, a few great extracurriculars & clubs offered. --More great, caring teachers than not --Academic achievement & good behavior stressed and well-rewarded Cons: --Could use more extracurricular for grades K-3 --New principal next year--Mrs. Coston will be missed --Administrative response to problems sometimes leaves a little to be desired --Could use better/timely overall communication & website updates

It has ggod teachers. But not enough extra activies for the students

The teachers at White Oaks are nothing less than caring and dedicated. All three of my children have attended White Oaks and all three have thrived because of the high quality of education they've received at WOE. My two oldest are now attending middle school and they were well prepared and in many cases - ahead of their peers who came from other elementary schools - both public and private. I can't say enough about my children's teachers - they're just wonderful!

I am very disappointed with the standards of this school. The teachers are lazy and don't apply themselves in teaching as much as I would like.

My husband and I have been nothing but happy with White Oaks Elementary. My daughter is currently in second grade and she has loved all of her teachers, especially Mrs. Stafford who was her first grade teacher. The front staff are very nice and helpful and I have found all of the teachers so far to be genuinely concerned with my child as well as any concerns that I may express. I do stay involved in the classroom and volunteer with trips and I feel that this makes the experience all the better. We would recommend this school to any family moving to this area.

My oldest daughter went to White Oaks and it was bad when the One female principal was there and now it is great. I have two currently in and it is a complete 180 degree turn around. The teacher really care about the kids. My wife is a teacher and she pulled my oldest out and home schooled her but she is very happy with White Oaks and so am I. It helps if you are very involved in your childs education. All taechers have a lot to deal with and raising our children is not one of them. Again, I love this school.

White Oaks is a good school. I have two children currently in the school. Teachers are wonderful.I agree parents must open the lines of communicatin to get results. I have couple of concers. There is not enough supervision. I have lunch with my children often,and the children behavior at lunch is horrible. Staff is not doing enough to correct the situation. If the staff would address the behavior issues perhaps having lunch with my children would be more pleasurable. The release of students at the end of day also needs more supervision especially when older kids are pushing the young ones. Safety is the main issue. Yes teachers are great but no one should worry about their children safety.I have voiced my concerns several times.

Last modified White Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.