Posted April 28, 2014
Mom son is in the gifted program at Windsor Oaks - he loves his teachers and does well in school. I have always had positive interactions with the faculty and staff - everyone is always pleasant and helpful. They seem to really care about the students and the school is well-run.

Posted February 06, 2012
This school is wonderful!! I have enjooyed my children attending this school. They attended Hermitage Elementary prior to going here and that school made it feel like a prison - cold and unwelcoming. However, this school has been great. Smiles on everyone, everyday. Plenty of nice people directing traffic. It is unfortunate that we have had parents that feel that they are the exception the the rule in parking and droppping off or picking up children. The teachers at this school are fantastic. My children have all attended it and love going to school every day. The only thing I do not agree with is their lack of recess and riding bikes to school. They have bike racks but are not allowed to ride bikes to school. They have walk and talk after lunch but no recess. The children get only one chance a day to play freely and it is only for about 15 minutes during p.e. With the amount of obesity spreading quickly among our children of today, this lack of outside time is killing our children. Walking in a circle after lunch WILL NOT help these children. Something has to be done.

Windsor Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
Our son went to this school from Kindergarten through 2nd grade. He struggled with his grades and we provided extra support through tutoring. We asked for help, or testing, or any thing that could possibly define was A) the problem was and B)what to do about it. Every year we got the run around, and "interventions." We didn't realize how much Windsor Oaks was lacking until we moved away, and our childs new school immediately recognized a problem. They did the testing(as the No Child Left Behind Act states he's entitled to) and it turned out that he had a learning disorder. Now he needs Occupational Rehab because he wasn't diagnosed, and given Occupational Therapy sooner. We are a military family with Tricare. Tricare states that it's the schools responsibility to do this testing. No Child Left Behind Act states that the child is entitled to testing. Windsor Oaks failed to do that. We thought Windsor Oaks was great at the time, but didn't realize how much it was quite the opposite until we moved away and discovered what a "good school" really is.

Posted October 26, 2011
We are new in this area but from my observation my only child is enjoyinng going to school everyday because of his teachers and all other staff of the school. I hope they will continue doing the best for the kids future.

Posted January 07, 2011
My children have been attending Windsor Oaks for the past three years and have been doing extremely well. The teachers and staff have been very helpful and friendly. My children and I feel like home there. They are excited to go to school everyday to see what new things they are going to learn.

Windsor Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2010
It's January and the parking lot is still not done it's frustrating parking far when i have a newborn and the staff that directs traffic are rude. The teachers are great. I just think they have to finish the parking lot so the kids don't have to walk so far even in the rain to get into school.

Posted January 14, 2010
My oldest child has been in 3 different elementary schools in Virginia Beach and by far Windsor Oaks has been the best! The staff is friendly and helpful, the principals actually take an interest in the students and will actually stop to talk to them in the halls. They are HUGE about families being apart of the picture and have so many activities for us. They don't seem to be asking for money every time I turn around and now that my daughter is in kindergarten I can say the full day schedule has been a blessing!

Posted January 11, 2010
I love this school! All three of my children have gone to Windsor Oaks and I have had no problem. The staff is very friendly and well trained!

Posted March 05, 2008
Very friendly staff. Very good trained teacher and staff

Posted June 07, 2007
both my children have ahad a fantastic year. I have one that has a hard time and one that is gifted and the school takes a real interest in both and will do anything possible to help them achieve success! Super school!

Windsor Oaks Elementary School
3800 Van Buren Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23452
Last modified Windsor Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.