Virginia Beach, VA
Students enrolled: 1,501
After care: No

Posted August 14, 2014
Green Run High School is a family. Green Run has always been looked down upon by the other schools in the district for it's past; however, we are not the same school we were back then. Most students in Virginia Beach that say Green Run is a bad school have never gone to that school. The teachers here take the time to really connect with the students and they genuinely care about us. I'm not going to say that the student population is perfect because it's not, but in Green Run we stick together as a whole. I'm going to be a senior this year and I couldn't be more proud to say I'm graduating from Green Run High School.

Posted July 03, 2014
Has be a great school . 2 graduated with honors near straight A students. Both moved on to college one with a bachelors degree and one working on a bachelors degree. 3 child first year great grades and on the number one JROTC in the state and top 8 in the nation. The school has turned a complete 180 degrees from years ago and I have lived in the district since 1987. The low rating needs to be review because it is inaccurate.

Posted January 09, 2014
I am glad to spend my first year of high school at Green Run High. I love going to this school everyday and I'm proud to be a Green Run Stallion.

Green Run High School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
I have had the same issue. Multiple calls to the school with no response. They quote that they want parent involvement but there is a lack of follow through

Posted June 28, 2012
Green run has one of the BEST NJROTC program in the nation! No joke ... The unit has been National Champions three time in a row, 2009, 2010, and 2011, and has participate in every State Championship as far I can remember. The unit is Very dedicated to Community, school and the student, and it offers Air Rifle team, Academic team, Athletic team (running relay track, pushup and sit-up teams), and several drill teams, and Color Guard teams. The goal of the program to teach Leadership and Citizenship and to instill self-discipline and confidence and to help the student find a career path whether is the military or college, or other. Also the school is proud of the program and supported 100%. The cadets in the program and its instructors have created a very mature learning environment for the school. Highly recommended! Here is their link https://sites.google.com/a/navyjrotc.us/green-run-high-school/

Posted June 25, 2012
Green run is (in my opinion) the best school in the beach. Unlike most of the larger schools, the teachers actually take time to get to know the students and help them out whenever they can. There's so much diversity within this school; from the students, staff, and extra curricular. When a student is actively involved with the school, they feel as if they actually do make a difference, vice being one in a crowd. It's a smaller school, so everyone pretty much knows everyone. Walking down the hall, you'll kind small groups of friends, not cliques. I feel as if i couldn't get a better education anywhere else. I'll be graduating green run with 8 ap credits under my belt, and there definitely isn't a better school to graduate from.

Posted November 10, 2011
Green Run High School was like home to me. I had many teachers, most of whom were alumni of the school themselves, that I respected. The best part about this school was definitely the diversity. It has very strong extra curricular programs. What makes our programs strong is the involvement of the community. I will always be proud of being a stallion!

Posted September 03, 2009
I love green run and our green run pride. Especially the njrotc program. We won fiirst place at area 5 and 15 place at nationals. I recommend this school for any high schooler!!

Posted July 26, 2009

Posted February 12, 2009

Green Run High School
1700 Dahlia Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified Green Run High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Run High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top