Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have 2 boys who graduated 7 years ago and 2 girls who are attending Green Run now in their sophomore year. The teachers are wonderful and there are plenty of extracurricular activities for those who choose to be involved.

I have attended Green Run for three years now, and I can say with utmost pride that this is the BEST school in Virginia Beach. Growing up in Great Neck, I attended John B. Dey Elementary and Great Neck Middle School. Both were wonderful schools, but lacked cultural diversity, work ethic, and real world learning. Attending Green Run has allowed me to be submerged in a tight-knit community of hard working and dedicated students; all of whom are brilliant, athletically gifted, and overall genuinely the best people I have ever met in my entire life- this goes for not only the students, but the staff and administration. My sports team at Green Run received the Overall Best Sportsmanship Award 2015 for the entire Coastal Virginia district. We may have a bad reputation because of the overpopulation of the school from the 80s and 90s which caused a lot of disruption, but walk into Green Run today and I personally guarantee you'll never want to leave.

I have to admit, I was nervous about sending my child to this school considering the negative stigma that surrounds it. I am happy to say that after nearly two complete years of attending this school, I have no complaints. I believe the school has made great strides to improve over the past few years. We now have the Collegiate program in addition to the state's number ONE ranked NJROTC program. The cadets placed 7th at Navy Nationals in Pensacola this year. This was quite a feat when you look at this ranking out of approximately 570 schools throughout the U.S. Pretty impressive. Through the guidance of two awesome instructors and the hard work and dedication of each cadet, they reached this outstanding achievement. Our personal experience as been positive. There is a close family feel with the other parents. My advice is, don't listen to all the negativity. Give it a chance. I'm glad we did. I find myself singing the praises of this school now. Keep up the hard work and determination.

Green run has a bad reputation but my daughter has been there for both 9th and 10th grade and has had absolutely no problems I agree the score needs to be reevaluated. If you look at test scores they are pretty good.

Green Run High School is a family. Green Run has always been looked down upon by the other schools in the district for it's past; however, we are not the same school we were back then. Most students in Virginia Beach that say Green Run is a bad school have never gone to that school. The teachers here take the time to really connect with the students and they genuinely care about us. I'm not going to say that the student population is perfect because it's not, but in Green Run we stick together as a whole. I'm going to be a senior this year and I couldn't be more proud to say I'm graduating from Green Run High School.

Has be a great school . 2 graduated with honors near straight A students. Both moved on to college one with a bachelors degree and one working on a bachelors degree. 3 child first year great grades and on the number one JROTC in the state and top 8 in the nation. The school has turned a complete 180 degrees from years ago and I have lived in the district since 1987. The low rating needs to be review because it is inaccurate.

I am glad to spend my first year of high school at Green Run High. I love going to this school everyday and I'm proud to be a Green Run Stallion.

I have had the same issue. Multiple calls to the school with no response. They quote that they want parent involvement but there is a lack of follow through

Green run has one of the BEST NJROTC program in the nation! No joke ... The unit has been National Champions three time in a row, 2009, 2010, and 2011, and has participate in every State Championship as far I can remember. The unit is Very dedicated to Community, school and the student, and it offers Air Rifle team, Academic team, Athletic team (running relay track, pushup and sit-up teams), and several drill teams, and Color Guard teams. The goal of the program to teach Leadership and Citizenship and to instill self-discipline and confidence and to help the student find a career path whether is the military or college, or other. Also the school is proud of the program and supported 100%. The cadets in the program and its instructors have created a very mature learning environment for the school. Highly recommended! Here is their link https://sites.google.com/a/navyjrotc.us/green-run-high-school/

Green run is (in my opinion) the best school in the beach. Unlike most of the larger schools, the teachers actually take time to get to know the students and help them out whenever they can. There's so much diversity within this school; from the students, staff, and extra curricular. When a student is actively involved with the school, they feel as if they actually do make a difference, vice being one in a crowd. It's a smaller school, so everyone pretty much knows everyone. Walking down the hall, you'll kind small groups of friends, not cliques. I feel as if i couldn't get a better education anywhere else. I'll be graduating green run with 8 ap credits under my belt, and there definitely isn't a better school to graduate from.

Last modified Green Run High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.