Indian Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2014
Teachers are great, but Admin needs to be humbled! The principal has been there only a year. She is very fake and is only there for her career...not the kids.

Indian Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
For the most part this is a good school. Most teachers and staff are friendly and professional. There has been some changes is staff over the past few years which have helped improve the quality of education. If the angry and entitled assistant principal would leave then leadership would be 4 stars, but most teachers and especially parents don't care for the high and almighty assistant principal.

Posted April 22, 2013
My 2nd grade child moved to this school in Fall 2012 from a Hawaii Public school. She was a grade level behind in her reading at the beginning of the school year (2012). ILES identified that she was behind within a month of school starting. They had her in extra reading programs, and getting extra help from her teacher on a daily basis. All teachers and staff were extremely helpful in this process. Now, in May 2013, my child has almost caught up completely to grade level with her reading. I don't think this would have happened as quickly or kindly anywhere other than ILES. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!! They do daily physical education too, which is great for their fitness. They also receive weekly art and music classes. Best public school we have seen yet in our Military travels in US.

Posted October 03, 2012
My son went to ILES from K-5 and had a thoroughly wonderful experience. My daughter attended K-1 before transferring to the local gifted school. Our family feels fortunate that both of our kids had such a good experience with the wonderful teachers and administration at ILES.

Posted May 18, 2012
There are many dedicated, wonderful, involved teachers at this school. I have been here twenty plus years and have seen many different changes in administrators and staff but Indian Lakes should have an excellent rating. Teachers put in extra time and effort to do their job. They go above and beyond. We have extensive training and put our students interest above all else. Most of the teachers here work so hard to do what is in the best interest of their students!

Indian Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
wish I could give a zero! terrible school! no matter what your child sys is going on, the administrators beleive they are lying. this school is rampant with bullies, and most of the teachers (except 2) have been bad. Even a neighbor child told me about a teacher bullying my student in front of the class! i have 2 sons and one has no behavior problems this school needs some serious help. If this is how all VA beach adminitstrators treat kids think about home school. i do hear that strawabridge is much better.

Posted October 01, 2010
I attended this school in the 80s along with my other three siblings when the school had 6th grade there. Our family moved away for a while and we just moved back here. Now my oldest attends kindergarten there. There are quite a few teachers there from when I attended the school such as Mr. Jackson, Ms. Poole, and of course, Ms. Williams. I've met the new principal and the asst. principal who have made a great impression. Every morning I drop my daughter off at school and I see how efficient their system is there. My daughter loves it there especially her teacher Mrs. Bess and her asst. Ms. Mosley. During open house, my husband and I were impressed with the presentation about the curriculum for kindergarten especially math and phonics. We had gone back and forth with private and public but we realized we made the right choice.

Indian Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2009
At this point I pretty much hate this school. The kinder program was awful. We moved here at the end of the year and my daught went from being top of class and loving school to hating school and strugaling. This year her teacher is much better but the school it self is awful. The children have no recess and only 30 min. lunches. It is very sad to me that this school has decided that kids can't be kids and it is better to drill them all day long. We should be moving next year and I can't wait so I can get my daughter out of this awful school.

Posted August 13, 2008

Posted January 25, 2008
I think this school is amazing. My brothers and I all went to ILES when we were kids, and now my oldest daughter is attending. When you see many of the same poeple working there after that many years, you just know they are doing something right!

Indian Lakes Elementary School
1240 Homestead Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23464
Last modified Indian Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top