Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school in a great neighborhood. My daughter had great teachers and plenty of extracurricular opportunities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school prioritizes citizenship and character through policies and awards. Our current teacher provides daily feedback on our chilld's behavior through a software application.

The new principal is very hands on and very approachable. We have a child with an IEP who has thrived at this school. We are very pleased with the teachers and the very active PTA.

Both of my children have attended this school since kindergarten and we love it. We love the school, we love the teachers & we love the overall environment. They take great care of the children and do their best at keeping the parents involved and informed about everything going on in the school and with the children.

This is an awful school. If you have a special needs child this is not the school for your child.

Wonderful school, I have had two children attend there. My only complaint is that they are not great for special education, my child with autism ultimately needed to be placed elsewhere because they were not knowledgeable about how to educate him. My other child (regular education) flourished there. Very safe campus.

Providence has been such a joy for both of my children. My oldest is in the "gifted" program and received wonderful diffentiated instruction from very knowledgable teachers. My youngest is also benefitting from the outstanding instruction. Being involved in the school lets me see first hand the quality and caring that takes place daily!

I have two girls who attended this school. The oldest was a sweet quiet girl who didn't cause waves. The teachers all liked her. She got almost straight A's, but received very low test scores... makes me wonder if they are just handing out A's because I've had to teach her a LOT at home since they aren't doing their job. She got either retiring teachers or first year teachers every year from K-4th. I will be homeschooling her next year to catch her up. My second child is gifted and just attended this school to learn to socialize (the principal and her teachers told me that) until she got into the most wonderful gifted school ever, Old Donation Center. That is a truly GREAT school. This school is just for socialization.

I just finished five years at Providence and they were amazing! I came in first grade and didn't know how to get around, luckily the staff helped direct me.Ms.Carstens/Born was a super principal for 3 years and so was Ms. Metzger. All of my teachers were great too (Mrs Joyce 1st,Mrs Meredith 2nd,Mr Conway 3rd,Mrs Pohlmann 4th,and Ms McNamara 5th) I was in the gifted cluster classes every year and Mrs Knight really helped me. I will now be attending a magnet/gifted middle school in the fall. Overall Providence in a great school and I (as a former student) totally recommend it!

Overall, a wonderful school. My oldest daughter attended Kindergarten in 2009-2010 and 1st grade 2010-2011. Warning to kindergarten parents who plan on doing parent drop-offs rather than use the bus, walk your babies in that first week of school! I trusted the staff and believed them when they said they would walk her to her class that first day. Not true! I drove up and dropped her off at the front of the school, carefully telling the lady out front greeting the kids she was a kindergarden student. She said no worries, there are people in the lobby taking them to their classrooms. My baby was "lost" in the lobby and spent the first few minutes of her first day of school crying in a first grade classroom with confused staff! Good thing I trusted my mommy instincts and parked my car, walked in just to make sure she was ok! Staff was often rude, but teachers are amazing, parent association very effective and active, and the kids are wonderful. My daughter loved this school, unfortunately we have moved, but she will always remember all her PES friends!

Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.