Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted March 06, 2016
My son has been at Birdneck since Kindergarten. He is now in Fourth grade. My son has had learning difficulties and is high functioning autistic. I have to say this school has excellent teachers, and good services for those with learning disabilities. We did have some problems with bullying which I addressed on several occasions, and it was taken care of. They have many field trips, and a good after school program that is affordable through Parks and Rec. Do not let the lower rating fool you. I believe school ratings often come down to how the children score on testing, the teachers are top notch over all.

Birdneck Elementary School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 06, 2016
Yes. This school has a large range of students from all different backgrounds. It is multicultural and the teachers are great.

Birdneck Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2015
I always had good experiences with the staff, but I will say that the kids that attend are more mean spirited than other schools. We had bullying issues daily. But I don't see that being the fault of the school. The district for this school is primarily low income and unfortunately with low income neighborhoods come low income scum that do not know how to properly raise children.

Posted December 03, 2013
Teachers and staff are all excellent, my daughter has learned so much at this school and the parent/teacher communication is great.

Posted October 25, 2013
My child started kindergarten this year and absolutely loves the school and her teacher. The administration is awesome, always friendly and willing to help the students /parents in whatever they may need. I have never walked into the school and not been greeted warmly. The parent teacher communication is great, and I love how informed they keep the parents. So happy we decided to come to Birdneck elementary. The whole school makes learning fun, and encourages each student to thrive. Very happy parent!

Posted August 10, 2013
was the best school Ive ever taken, the teachers are very nice,in 5th grade, there was many field trips.

Posted July 10, 2013
Our 2 children have been lucky to be a part of the Birdneck family for 4 years and now we have to move on, just like all the other military families. It has been a tough road for our children and the staff of Birdneck have been amazing. They are professional and supportive. The families of Birdneck come from many different backgrounds and children are continually enrolling and moving away. The staff is very welcoming and makes transition easy. The number 4 rating doesn't truly capture Birdneck's greatness. We came from an area in the U.S. that has top rated schools and that is our basis for comparison.

Posted April 22, 2013
This is a good school. My son loved his teacher, Mrs. Scott. The staff is very polite and filled with school pride. I love that when we lived in base housing across the street, every court had their own bus. So my kindergartner was on the bus for a short time. There were no other stops! Very reassuring to a worrying mother!!!

Birdneck Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2012
Never Again. The VP of this school is rude uncaring and just awful.. A "SNAKE" When I called to speak to her on the phone, she is always in a meeting or at lunch and never calls back. she has no heart and very sneaky. She placed my child in the wrong grade and advanced classes at that after I told her that my child is behind. Then the day I took him out of school and placed in a private one she called his other school asking questions and saying he cannot read or write. So please watch the VP and when you deal with her.. she is not kind and cares only for herself and school budget. watch out for this witch.

Posted January 11, 2012
Other schools had written our son off as a "problem child". Noone took the time to investigate beyond the behaviors that didn't fit "in the box". This school took the time! Our son is finally thriving and is being seen for the special boy he is!! We are so greatful to this school. We love it!!

Birdneck Elementary School
957 S Birdneck Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23451
Last modified Birdneck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.