Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

always give me the run around to getting anything done!

Amount of homework: Neutral

not challenging enough for my child to further their leaning!

My child has been bullied, I have contacted the school and always get the run around just for my child to get bullied again and the school to do nothing about it! I have contacted the teacher and the principle with no avail to my problem, I would take your child elsewhere if you are worried about your child's safety!

Develops character: Disagree

The school staff victimizes children who are bullied for attempting to do something about it.

School has a SEVWRE issue with bullying including physical altercations. My child has been tormented at this school since we moved here. The principal and staff have done nothing to fix the issue. So far my son has been kicked slapped spit on had his back pack taken and all his belongings scattered everywhere and most recently elbowed in the throat. And after everything he's put up with the school is saying he is the one in trouble because he defended himsekf. Though there are witnesses that his story is the truth and not his bully's story.

My son has been at Birdneck since Kindergarten. He is now in Fourth grade. My son has had learning difficulties and is high functioning autistic. I have to say this school has excellent teachers, and good services for those with learning disabilities. We did have some problems with bullying which I addressed on several occasions, and it was taken care of. They have many field trips, and a good after school program that is affordable through Parks and Rec. Do not let the lower rating fool you. I believe school ratings often come down to how the children score on testing, the teachers are top notch over all.

Develops character: Agree

Yes. This school has a large range of students from all different backgrounds. It is multicultural and the teachers are great.

I always had good experiences with the staff, but I will say that the kids that attend are more mean spirited than other schools. We had bullying issues daily. But I don't see that being the fault of the school. The district for this school is primarily low income and unfortunately with low income neighborhoods come low income scum that do not know how to properly raise children.

Teachers and staff are all excellent, my daughter has learned so much at this school and the parent/teacher communication is great.

My child started kindergarten this year and absolutely loves the school and her teacher. The administration is awesome, always friendly and willing to help the students /parents in whatever they may need. I have never walked into the school and not been greeted warmly. The parent teacher communication is great, and I love how informed they keep the parents. So happy we decided to come to Birdneck elementary. The whole school makes learning fun, and encourages each student to thrive. Very happy parent!

Last modified Birdneck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.