Virginia Beach, VA

Parkway Elementary School 5

Posted July 19, 2013
Our son will be starting 4th grade in Sep. He scored in the top10 percent in all categories on last years SOL. Thus far we have been very happy with the teachers. My wife and I believe that you must be proactive with your child's education. Very impressed with the principal .

Parkway Elementary School 5

Posted December 26, 2009
I have to say I am very pleased with this school my daughter just recently participated in a play all on her own. I think it's great! As far as her grades she's an honor roll student and got an invite to the magnet schools.

Posted February 26, 2009
My grandchild is a student at Parkway and her mom and I both love the school and the teachers,the work very hard with special students and their needs, GOOD JOB

Posted June 17, 2008
My child has attended Parkway for three years, and I'm sorry to say that we have been very disappionted in this school. The majority of the students are unruly and badly behaved with little consistency or continuity on the part of the staff to govern their behavior. The techers seem to be overwhelmed adn burned out. If you have a child who is a good student and is well behaved, it is very possible that he/she will be ignored or overlooked the entire year. This year, durring the second quarter, my child's grades went from all A's to all C's. When I called the teacher, her response was 'Your child is not one of the kids I usually worry about.' Because of our experience with Parkway, my husband and I have decided to stop contributing to our IRA's and use the money instead to send our child to privet school.

Posted October 02, 2007
This particular school, although staffed by wonderful, idealogical teachers, is a cruel joke on the education of it's children. The administrators are unfortunately more interested in appeasing the racial influence of a substandard, economicaly disadvantaged community than the discipline of students. To sum up, we're leaving.

Posted March 27, 2006
[Our child] has been at Parkway since the first grade (she is now in fourth) and we have been extremely pleased with this school. The amount of parent involvement is incredible. They offer chorus and SOL tutoring for my daughter and she loves both programs. She is ADHD and all her teachers have really worked with her... she even mde Honor Roll!We just moved to Portsmouth and I am sad to be leaving Parkway.

Posted February 14, 2006
My daughter is attending Parkway for her 2nd year. My husband and I are very disappointed in this school. The teachers that I have met have been very tired, unpleasant and have an attitude like they have just given up. Her teacher this year is wonderful! But she seems to be the one and only. The principal isn't friendly at all unless she has to be, the assistant principal has yet to speak to my husband or me and we spend a lot of time at the school. We have been told by many teachers that the school has lots of disciplinary problem students since there are a lot of low income children who attend this school. Had I visited this school first I would not have bought a house in this school district.

Posted June 26, 2004

Parkway Elementary School
4180 O'Hare Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top