Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My youngest son was sent to Glenwood for PreK and he is a changed boy. My son has improved so much in such a sort time. The school and staff are very welcoming. They work with parents and foster a phenomenal learning environment. In fact I loved them so much I requested an out of zone for my older son and looking to buy a house in the Glenwood area.

Very happy with the school! My son went to kindergarten here. He came from another district and was a little behind. He really caught up when he came here!

My son is in the Pre-K program and he loves it! It's a great school.

As a military family, I would say this has been one of the best schools that my children attended. The teachers are great and challenge the students. The principle can be cold at times but support and care for the children and staff. The assistant principles are great, friendly, and knowledgeable but the school and students. Overall, it's one of the best schools in Virginia Beach!!!

I have been using this website to look at public schools in Hawaii, and decided to look up my daughter's current school (Glenwood). I was absolutely shocked to see it's low grade of 5!!!! At least I now know not to use this site when grading HI schools. My daughters have been at Glenwood for 1st through 5th grade, a total of 15 different teachers not including PE, art, music and orchestra, and have absolutely loved their time here. We couldn't be more pleased with the school!! The principal knows every students name, and all the parents as well (impressive when you consider how many they are!) The teachers are very energetic and are very good at tough love (balancing discipline and caring). My daughters cover both ends of the spectrum- one that is very advanced and in gifted, and the other who struggled greatly in the beginning (espicially with basic reading) and still has to work very hard to maintain her B average. As an active duty military officer and mom, I depend a lot (maybe too much) on the school and its environment in the upbringing of my kids, and have had no problems or concerns at Glenwood. If your kids end up going to Glenwood, you (and they) will be blessed!

I went to this school two months after moving here in 1990 and it happened to be the first year it opened. Now, 19 years later, my daughter is in her third year there. I love the teachers and I have never had any problems with bullies or disipline. The up front staff is a bit cold as well as the principal. I stood at the front desk at the office once for 5 minutes before anybody helped me. But overall a great school!

Both of my children attended Glenwood Elementary and have loved it. The principal is positive and has high expectations for the students. The Gifted Resource Teacher does an excellent job and all of the cluster teachers left positive impressions on our family. Glenwood is an exceptional school with a mixed population and down to earth kids. Children go there to learn and are prepared for middle school.

My daughter has attended Glenwood since midway through second grade. Glenwood has wonderful teachers who are always willing to assist. The Gifted Resource Teacher is amazing. My only concer is the pricipal is not a warm and fuzzy kind of person which I think is a neccessity at this age. She comes across as cold and icy.

I am pleasantly surprised at the wonderful experience my Kindergardener had at this school. The school is very active with the community and My daughter learned so much!

Excellent Special Ed. Program 10 stars

Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.