Virginia Beach, VA

Posted September 25, 2014
My son is in the Pre-K program and he loves it! It's a great school.

Posted May 07, 2012
As a military family, I would say this has been one of the best schools that my children attended. The teachers are great and challenge the students. The principle can be cold at times but support and care for the children and staff. The assistant principles are great, friendly, and knowledgeable but the school and students. Overall, it's one of the best schools in Virginia Beach!!!

Posted May 07, 2012
I have been using this website to look at public schools in Hawaii, and decided to look up my daughter's current school (Glenwood). I was absolutely shocked to see it's low grade of 5!!!! At least I now know not to use this site when grading HI schools. My daughters have been at Glenwood for 1st through 5th grade, a total of 15 different teachers not including PE, art, music and orchestra, and have absolutely loved their time here. We couldn't be more pleased with the school!! The principal knows every students name, and all the parents as well (impressive when you consider how many they are!) The teachers are very energetic and are very good at tough love (balancing discipline and caring). My daughters cover both ends of the spectrum- one that is very advanced and in gifted, and the other who struggled greatly in the beginning (espicially with basic reading) and still has to work very hard to maintain her B average. As an active duty military officer and mom, I depend a lot (maybe too much) on the school and its environment in the upbringing of my kids, and have had no problems or concerns at Glenwood. If your kids end up going to Glenwood, you (and they) will be blessed!

Glenwood Elementary School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
I went to this school two months after moving here in 1990 and it happened to be the first year it opened. Now, 19 years later, my daughter is in her third year there. I love the teachers and I have never had any problems with bullies or disipline. The up front staff is a bit cold as well as the principal. I stood at the front desk at the office once for 5 minutes before anybody helped me. But overall a great school!

Posted September 17, 2009

Glenwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2009
Both of my children attended Glenwood Elementary and have loved it. The principal is positive and has high expectations for the students. The Gifted Resource Teacher does an excellent job and all of the cluster teachers left positive impressions on our family. Glenwood is an exceptional school with a mixed population and down to earth kids. Children go there to learn and are prepared for middle school.

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2009
My daughter has attended Glenwood since midway through second grade. Glenwood has wonderful teachers who are always willing to assist. The Gifted Resource Teacher is amazing. My only concer is the pricipal is not a warm and fuzzy kind of person which I think is a neccessity at this age. She comes across as cold and icy.

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2009
I am pleasantly surprised at the wonderful experience my Kindergardener had at this school. The school is very active with the community and My daughter learned so much!

Posted April 30, 2009

Glenwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2008

Glenwood Elementary School
2213 Round Hill Dr, Virginia Beach, VA  23464
Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top