Virginia Beach, VA

Posted June 06, 2013
We have been at this school since 2004. The staff members are really nice, and the standards of the school blew our minds. We have two boys in the school, one in 6th grade, and one in 1st grade.

Posted October 01, 2012
We have found a wonderful home at SGGS. Our daughter transferred to SGGS from a local public school three years ago. The teachers, parents , principal and staff have welcomed us in with open arms. The students made her feel comfortable the very first day. The academics are above and beyond what she received in public school. SGGS has given her the opportunity to thrive academically while keeping her grounded morally. We are blessed to be part this amazing school.

Posted October 01, 2012
SGGS is a wonderful Catholic school! Combining faith, academics, and service, the educators are modeling wonderful Catholic values while teaching our children important academic topics. They treat the students like they are their own children. The school is full of love with constant reminders of Jesus and what is really important in life. We have been there for 5 years. We highly recommend this GREAT school!

Posted February 24, 2010
We love St. Gregory The Great Catholic School. This is our second year here and I feel like we have become part of the close family so fast. The staff are truly amazing...the memory that sticks in my head the most was when we had our tour of the school. We visited every classroom and noticing that each and every teacher knew the students names...no matter the grade. The kindergarten academic program is amazing...the Catholic values that are taught truly touch the childrens hearts. What an amazing family to belong to. We love St. Gregory The Great!!! We are truly blessed.

St Gregory The Great School 4

Posted February 16, 2010
This is our 3rd year at SGGS and we have been very pleased with the success of our children at St. Gregory's. Our first impression was we felt like we were 'home'. It's a very nurturing environment and welcoming to our family which is military. The academics have been great. Kindergarten and 1st grade is a great academic program that challenged my kids to achieve. The middle school program offers many opportunities academically depending upon the learning level of your child (especially in math). My oldest is a sophomore in high school and thriving. She was by far ahead of her peers and remains in the top 10% of her class. There is plenty of opportunity for parental involvement in SGGS from room parent, to PTG, to fun classroom activities. Our principal is phenomenal..disciplined, firm but kind. We love SGGS and would recommend it to any of our friends.

Posted February 11, 2010
My children enrolled at SGGS seven years ago. We chose the school from 3000 miles away, and relied on its far-reaching reputation to make our decision. In those seven years, my older child graduated to a challenging academic high school, where she is well-prepared and thriving. We are a military family and SGGS is our third parochial school; it is, by far, the best and my feeling haven't changed in seven years. Academics cater to advanced, mainstream and even challenged students; schooling includes a healthy dose of Catholic values/teaching; and the faculty leads the students with the virtues we strive for at home. When I read the very few negative reviews on this website, I'm reminded that nothing is perfect, including schooling our kids. For my family and so many others, SGGS is as close to perfect as is humanly possible and I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 05, 2010
In reading these reveiws, I think that you have to go to the school during school hours, take a tour and make an intelligent, informed decision for yourself. SGGS is full of fantastic families and bright, motivated children. There are so many ways to get involved and contribute to the community. I am taking the time to say that once you step into SGGS, you will feel a truly welcoming, religious atmosphere with excellent academics. I have three children here and I've been an active part of the SGGS family for 7 years. Being in the military and having no family here, SGGS has become my family and my support system. My advice is to come and see it for yourself and you will want to enroll your children on the spot!

Posted December 03, 2009
My son went to St Gregory school from pre-K through 8th grade. Upon entering the academy program at one of the local public schools he was definitely much more advanced than most of the students. He is very independent in his studies and takes responsibility for himself. His behavior is excellent. We were very pleased with education that he received.

St Gregory The Great School 2

Posted September 28, 2009
I write this review as the parent of a daughter who graduated last year. Although I was generally happy with SGGS while we were at the school I now realize that the quality of instruction dropped off significantly during my daughters middle school years. I now am not sure how well she is prepared for her freshman year in high school. I would only recommend SGGS if your other options are totally unsatisfactory.

Posted September 16, 2009
I like the family atmosphere.

St Gregory The Great School
5343 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified St Gregory The Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Gregory The Great School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top