Posted May 29, 2014
We are a military family so when we got orders to Virginia Beach, I worried about finding the right school for our children. After finding Star of the Sea School and my kids attending for 2 years now, I know that I not only made the right choice, but would never send my kids anywhere else! They are exceptionally military friendly, have an awesome staff, a challenging curriculum, and fantastic athletics. We are very grateful to the school that our children have thrived so much both academically and socially.

Posted May 29, 2014
Caring staff and amazing parents make this a fantastic place to educate your child. Children are able to express their spirituality and gain a strong moral base as they are challenged academically to be the best they can be. You will not find a better environment for you child's full development at the beach.

Posted May 29, 2014
My kid started at Star of the Sea last year and we could not be happier. Show me another school where a middle school boy will play with and mentor a kindergartner? It is a close knit, community with a faith based (but welcoming to all faiths) school. Each student has a prayer partner and these bonds last for a lifetime. I cannot say enough good things about this school!

Posted May 29, 2014
My school is Star of The Sea Catholic School in Virginia Beach. I have two boys that attend the school and we love it! It's amazing to have 8th graders who mentor kids as young as 3! My boys are getting a great education and are offered a variety of after school activities. They both have made great friends that I feel will last a lifetime!

Posted May 29, 2014
The staff is caring and welcoming. The curriculum provided is rigorous and provides a strong foundation in the lower grades.

Posted May 29, 2014
Today reaffirmed my belief that Star of the Sea is indeed the best school around. I watched as soaked teachers soothed soaked children, gave them the clothing off their backs, hugged them, danced with them, and smiled happily. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I love the teachers. I simply cannot say enough good things. I actually had tears in my eyes and a smile on my face watching the teachers and students dance to the SOS song. Thank you for sharing your staff with my family! We are so very grateful.

Posted May 22, 2014
I have 4 children at Star of the Sea. Each started in Pre-K. My oldest will be attending the Math and Science Academy this Fall. He is graduating with 3 high school credits: Algebra, Spanish, and Earth Science. The academics are strong. Technology is integrated into the curriculum: webpage design, writing computer code, video projects and much more. Sports are also available: cross country, basketball, cheerleading, field hockey, golf and track and field. Some sports have age limits, but there are no try outs. All are welcome. All of the above you may expect at any school: stellar academics and physical development. What Star of the Sea offers beyond that is why my children attend this school. It is character development modeled by Christian values and teachings. It is truly a Christ centered learning environment. The children are taught their faith, how to live it and how to serve others. They are involved in many community service projects. A well rounded student, strong academically and involved in the betterment of their school and community, is important in today s academically competitive environment. Star of the Sea will help your child to be the best person he/ she can be.

Posted May 23, 2013
This school has provided an excellent education for all 4 of our children- k -8th grade. We have been very happy with the education- academically, spiritually, and physically. Our oldest two children have already graduated from SOS and they are in honors/accelerated courses in the public high school and doing very well. The SOS middle schoolers do not have to experience all of the outside influences that are ever present in our public schools. 12-14 are delicate ages and the 8th grade graduates leave SOS with confidence to face all that life can throw at them during the high school years. The areas in middle school that were lacking in the past were changed a couple of years ago- specifically, Earth Science was offered in 6th grade at SOS but public learns it in 8th grade so our students were not receiving the credit. Earth Science is an 8th grade subject at our school now. 5 years ago, the Spanish being offered at the school was less than stellar- now some of the students are going directly into Spanish 3 in 9th grade.

Posted July 30, 2012
Fantastic learning environment for my children and a great community of parents and volunteers. Super high level of academics for middle schoolers with great success for those looking to move on to public school academies or local private high schools. And good luck finding a better sports program for elementary schools... that's right elementary schools. My kids are both involved in seasonal sports teams that compete with other area Catholic schools to create a great sense of school identity and passion.

Star of the Sea School 3

Posted August 17, 2011
Unimpressed by less than stellar academics. This little school was "fine" for K and grade 1 but things went downhill from there. Follows the traditional rote repetition curriculum that parochial schools have been using for decades. A great social shelter for upper middle class kids but if you are seeking strong academics and a dynamic and current administration and staff look elsewhere.

Star of the Sea School
309 15th Street, Virginia Beach, VA  23451
Last modified Star of the Sea School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Star of the Sea School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.