Posted November 03, 2013
Best kept secret in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake area. Due to age differences, I had kids in different schools to include the most prestigious school in the area. Shock is an understatement to describe how pleased our family (parents and students) have been with Bishop Sullivan. The teachers and staff are outstanding and go out of their way to support the academic and personal growth needs of the students. The courses and course load are academically challenging yet foster a love of learning. When compared my other children's experience who are in graduate school, this is even more challenging but at half the cost. Bishop Sullivan is focused on the development of the entire student (academically, physically and morally). If I had to do it again, all of my children would have attended Bishop Sullivan.

Posted October 31, 2013
This is our second time around at BSCHS. Our older child graduated in 2003. She played 2 varsity sports, was involved with several clubs and graduated with with 12 AP credits. She was accepted into every university she applied for and went on to graduate school on full scholarship. When it came time for our second daughter, we never looked any further than BSCHS. The academics are tough, but there is plenty of support from teachers and staff.. Some of the same teachers our oldest had are still at the school, but there is a a whole bunch of new blood also.My daughter comes home every day with a smile on her face. I would highly recommend this school for strong academics, good opportunies for extra curricular activities and wonderful fellowship.

Posted October 29, 2013
What sets this school apart from the rest is the dedication of the faculty. In fact, they go way beyond what I expect by working before/after school to help students. The curriculum is rigorous. It is not an easy school- but students are well prepared for college and beyond. I love the fact that they have students work directly with the community by volunteering. My daughter has developed a great sense of pride and self worth by helping others.

Posted October 17, 2013
We completely dismissed this school because it was a Catholic HS, surely it's teachers and students were subpar. I was completely shocked. My other kids graduated from the "elite" double priced HS, after visiting here this was the only school we applied to. Your input matters here. Overachiever? no problem skip to honors/ AP, there are even younger kids in this years 9th grade. Nerds, Intl students from China, Jocks, Artsy students, non Catholic, all get along, very welcoming. Staff always smiling and goes out of way. Science dept. is 5 star, ties in competitions with the #2 high school in the country (Thomas Jefferson high) in competitions year after year, English dept amazing, award winning literary mag, incredible Theatre, and big on Sports,Fun football games, so far undefeated. Already met college counselor in 9th grade! Love all of the assignments/test schedule posted provided to parents (grades too) way ahead of time. College counseling meeting in 9th grade.I am a super picky mom, kids were in Blue ribbon schools and then what I thought was the #1 private school here. This is 100% the best HS in Hampton Roads. Only complaint? This school and its teachers are way too modest.

Posted March 27, 2010
Catholic High is a good school. It has rigorous accademics in the basics. It has several AP classes. It is for a child who requires smaller classes and less competition than the large public high school and their advance acadamies. I had one go to public and one tho Catholic High both did equally well in their prospective areas of education. No your child make your decision based upon their needs. .

Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School 2

Posted July 16, 2009

Posted April 17, 2009
Our son spent four years at BSCHS where he was involved in both athletics (Cross Country, Track) and academic teams. He graduated with over 20 college credits, was accepted at every college he applied to and received several scholarship offers. He is now at a top 20 college and excelling there as well. BSCHS prepared him for a very rigorous college honors program as well as developing his level of commitment and service to others. We do not believe any school is perfect but BSCHS was a perfect fit for our son and we would highly recommend it to anyone in the area. The instructors are motivated individuals who want to see the students excell in every possible way.

Posted October 31, 2008
i love this school. It offers many great activities for academics and for school. It is a very fun school with many privalages and great lunches, i came from Norview HIgh school and i have enjoyed the transfer to this school. And English has prepared me very well for the SaTS

Posted March 07, 2008
I have had two daughters who have attended Catholic High. We have been very pleased with the education that they have received at Catholic. I would highly recommend it--the school definitely prepares them for college.

Posted January 11, 2008
Catholic High School is an overall an excellent school. Academics are rigorous and there are many AP courses offered. My two daughters graduated from CHS in 2001 and 2006. Both of them felt prepared for college. My youngest daughter struggled at CHS, but excelled at college. She had average grades at CHS in english but maintained an A-average in college. They have no academic tutoring, no uniform policy, but the discipline has improved with the new principal. Parental involvement is good but tends to revolve around the football program - unless you ask to do your own type of assistance, like tutoring, etc. There are many 'elitist' parents there and we didn't tend to mingle well. A few recent problems with students (racial slur at a game written on a wall) were handled swiftly by both the Diocese and Principal.

Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School
4552 Princess Anne Road, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top