PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school teaches the while child. Each student is considered as an individual; what do they need, how do they prefer to learn, what do they want to learn? Educators at CHC collaborate and plan cross curricular activities that appeal to all learners. They begin true laboratory science in pre-K and continue until graduation. They learn how to think rather than what to think.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Integrity, is instilled in all the students starting in pre k. Upon graduation the preschooler's are now the leadership of our future

CHC has the most amazing sense of community and pride. We believe in contributing and giving back to the citizens of our city and neighboring cities. On top of teaching our children how to be generous and loving CHC offers the best education I can dream of more my child. The global studies department will knock your socks off. These students go all over the world giving back to people of different cultures and nationalities in their native lands. Cape Henry Collegiate is preparing our daughter to take on the world with an open heart and an extensive education. Thank you #CHC

My family love the school and the staff is so caring and helpful too. The middle school program is great.

From the moment my family arrived on CHC's campus, we felt welcome and accepted. My son is young and while we don't know what he will be great at, we felt that CHC would provide him with a breadth of opportunities that would allow him to thrive and discover his passion.

Our family moved to Virginia Beach five years ago and I credit Cape Henry Collegiate with the successful transition and acclimation of our son to the community. The warmth of the teachers and the welcoming nature of the students helped him feel safe, confident, and successful almost immediately. As a result of the strong sense of community and the many opportunities available to students, our son is willing to take the risks necessary to grow and has developed a sense of confidence that makes us proud as parents. Cape Henry Collegiate has helped to develop him as a scholar, provide him opportunities as an athlete, and support his interests in the arts. Our family couldn't be happier!

Wonderful school with a nurturing, loving environment for our kids to thrive in. Couldn't ask for a better place for my child to attend! We love CHCS!

Cape Henry Collegiate is exceptional in academics, athletics, and in numerous other opportunities available. Twenty one AP courses are offered. A fantastic Global Scholars Program is also available for interested students. The school challenges every student but also has excellent faculty who truly care about each student and are willing to go the extra mile to see each student flourish. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with the education that my son is receiving!

Both my children attend Cape Henry and although I have not been 100% happy every year and I do feel there are teachers there who should be long gone, I do feel my children are not numbers at the school. My lower school student is recognized by upper school teachers and my upper school student is known by lower school teachers. Is the tuition high? Absolutely! Do they not always get the gifted kids as truly gifted kids (there is a difference between gifted and over achieving)? Yes they don't always get it. BUT-when I have a concern, I am heard and my children feel safe and happy in a family atmosphere where the class sizes are superior and the academics are substantial. If you are a public school person then don't even bother, but as far as private schools go, Cape Henry is definitely worth looking at.

I want my children to be curious learners...I want them to ask and think "why?" or even "why not?" instead of just "what." Cape Henry Collegiate provides an educational environment that stimulates thinking, encourages creativity, and provides the avenue for students of all ages to dig deeper into the "big picture" understanding.

Last modified Cape Henry Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12