PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Gateway Christian School 5

Posted May 13, 2016
I'm a parent of a K5 and 4th grader at GCA. This is their first year attending GCA and what an amazing year this has been. The school has an excellent ciriculum that balances academics and Christian principals. They have computers, iPads, Apple TV's, music class, language class, and RenWeb. The building is secured at all times and you have to be buzzed into the school. The school is affordable and not a big focus on finances and fund raising. You can pay on the 20th verses the 1st of each month. Hours offered 6am-6pm. The teachers care for children like family. Many school activities, events, pep rally's, field trips, and chapel time. The teachers communicate through text and email. My children love getting up each morning and going to school. They are learning so much and enjoy school. My 4th grader is reading at an 11th grade level. I can go on and on, this is a fabulous school and we are blessed to be part of the GCA family.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 13, 2016
Mrs. Webster is a wonderful teacher and such a blessing to our family. She loves and cares for all the children like her own. She also runs the before and aftercare program and does an amazing job!! Thank you Mrs. Webster!! You are amazing!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 20, 2016
When disaplen is needed they give it to him or her fairly and appropriately, it is such a great school. My dad says I will be going to Gateway till the day comes I go off to collage.

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted January 22, 2016
As the parent of a former student, the school did not provide quality parent teacher relationships, nor did they foster genuine Christian relationships. The principal and teachers in lower school were rude and uncaring. The school did not encourage physical education, art or music programs. It was a bad experience for us. Wouldn't recommend this "school " to anyone.

Gateway Christian School 4

Posted December 27, 2015
Academically, I feel like my kids are getting a great education. While I like the structure, I believe there is an overly tremendous focus on rules and penalizing the students for the smallest things. The thing that I disagree with the most is having the kids repititiously repeat the pledges to objects and the Model Prayer without giving them a real understanding of what and why. Nevertheless, it isn't enough to make me take them out. It's my responsibility as a parent to teach them God's truth at home.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 27, 2015
I appreciate each teacher who has poured into my sons. Leadership has been great as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 27, 2015
I believe their effectiveness depends on the involvement of the parents. I'm a very involved parent, so I get great results with teachers.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 27, 2015
I feel like some teachers really help, but others are quick to give up on a struggling student.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted December 27, 2015
I believe that they attempt to. I don't necessarily agree with their methods. There is great respect for staff, but students tend to compete with one another.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted December 27, 2015
I haven't seen that yet, but I make sure I teach my kids at home.

5473 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Gateway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12