PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted January 22, 2016
As the parent of a former student, the school did not provide quality parent teacher relationships, nor did they foster genuine Christian relationships. The principal and teachers in lower school were rude and uncaring. The school did not encourage physical education, art or music programs. It was a bad experience for us. Wouldn't recommend this "school " to anyone.

Gateway Christian School 4

Posted December 27, 2015
Academically, I feel like my kids are getting a great education. While I like the structure, I believe there is an overly tremendous focus on rules and penalizing the students for the smallest things. The thing that I disagree with the most is having the kids repititiously repeat the pledges to objects and the Model Prayer without giving them a real understanding of what and why. Nevertheless, it isn't enough to make me take them out. It's my responsibility as a parent to teach them God's truth at home.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 27, 2015
I appreciate each teacher who has poured into my sons. Leadership has been great as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 27, 2015
I believe their effectiveness depends on the involvement of the parents. I'm a very involved parent, so I get great results with teachers.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 27, 2015
I feel like some teachers really help, but others are quick to give up on a struggling student.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted December 27, 2015
I believe that they attempt to. I don't necessarily agree with their methods. There is great respect for staff, but students tend to compete with one another.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted December 27, 2015
I haven't seen that yet, but I make sure I teach my kids at home.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted December 27, 2015
Honesty and integrity ... Yes, but fairness ... NO! The kids are given "so-called" responsibilities such as hall & bathroom monitors that put them in positions whereas they delight in tattle tailing and robs them of the ability to work out issues among themselves without having to always go to the teacher.

Gateway Christian School 5

Posted July 26, 2014
Gateway Christian school is a GREAT school. The teachers go out of their way to tend to the children. The smaller class sizes definetely make individual attention possible. Not only is there a focus on academics, but on nurturing spiritual growth and morals as well. There are also extracurricular activites and sports available for fun. We have thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience and sense of community. Our children cannot wait to go back next year :)

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
This school was a horrible experience for my child. He felt left out and unwanted here. The students were unforgiving and judgmental and the teachers did nothing about it. They focus too much on their own rules and forget that the students will eventually have to actually make it in the real world.

5473 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Gateway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Gateway Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top