Virginia Beach, VA

Posted July 26, 2014
Gateway Christian school is a GREAT school. The teachers go out of their way to tend to the children. The smaller class sizes definetely make individual attention possible. Not only is there a focus on academics, but on nurturing spiritual growth and morals as well. There are also extracurricular activites and sports available for fun. We have thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience and sense of community. Our children cannot wait to go back next year :)

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
This school was a horrible experience for my child. He felt left out and unwanted here. The students were unforgiving and judgmental and the teachers did nothing about it. They focus too much on their own rules and forget that the students will eventually have to actually make it in the real world.

Posted April 01, 2014
On the outside, this school looked promising, but once we got more familiar with the system here, the school's true colors showed. There's a "hierarchy" of sorts here. The kids who come from the families with the most money and the ones who are good at sports are treated WAY better than the ones who aren't. The staff treats the kids who aren't exceptional at athletics like trash. Some of the teachers are genuinely nice, but it's not worth spending the money to only get a few nice teachers. If you want to have an enjoyable experience, you better make sure you're good at sports or you better be insanely rich.

Posted February 21, 2014
Our daughter has really enjoyed her time here. We move often for my husbands job so it's not always easy finding the right school. The staff are very friendly and the class size is perfect!

Posted October 10, 2011
We have been involved in Gateway Christian School for almost 20 years now. I have had 7 of my 10 children graduate with 2 more to go. I have a nurse, a CPA, a music teacher, one who is pursuing a major in organic chemistry, and one who is studying to be an elementary teacher. Gateway has more than prepared them for college and the "big world" out there. I praise the Lord for Gateway Christian School.

Posted May 22, 2011
this school is a great place to send your child. our son loves it and is learning at a wonderful pace. Not only is he learning his academics but the focus of this school on the spiritual life is wonderful. This is truly a Christ-centered school and the staff are truly Christian people who care about my child.

Posted May 16, 2011
I agree that this school provides a good foundation for the younger students, however as a parent of a former student, I was dissatisfied with the education quality. My child receives better care and attention in the public school system. There is too much pressure regarding rules, regulations, and appearance. I do not feel that these things are a part of Christian education. The teachers are concerned and caring but lack the resources to be able to provide much for the children.

Posted May 16, 2011
As a parent of a former student, I agree that this school could use better resources. I also agree that my child receives better care in the public school system. Also agree that Christian Values DO NOT mean that you have to be the same as every other christian student. God is all about diversity and marvels in our differences, wether that is appearance or acedemic achievement. I fear this school has forgotten that.

Gateway Christian School 3

Posted August 22, 2009
This school provides a great Christian foundation for K3 thur 3rd grade; but in the upper levels the school appears to fail to remember that the children must be able to survive in the world as a christian and not place judgement on those that are not- only God will judge.

Gateway Christian School 0

Posted July 18, 2009
My daughter attended Gateway in her freshman year and it was the worst mistake ever. Honestly, there isn't one positive thing I can say about the experience. Academically, we had to get outside help with homework because when help was requested at school, she was made to feel inferior. When this matter was addressed with the leadership, nothing change! Socially, meetings were very disorganized, and focused more on the select few that was a part of the church body. For a Christian school, we expected more but got less!

Gateway Christian School
5473 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA  23462
Last modified Gateway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Gateway Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top