PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I will have to agree with the educator's post from March 2015. Teachers and staff lacked social skills and were very rude, particularly the school nurse. The way she talked to a tuition paying parent was reprehensible and and very ignorant. We paid the higher non Catholic rate too. My child's teacher showed her favoritism and once 'disciplined' my child in front of other parents. Academically, any child who has attended this school for a few years would have a hard time transitioning to the public school curriculum. I wish we had the same positive experience other families had. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I brought a concern to the principal and it was supposedly addressed. I never heard anything again about the situation.

Develops character: Agree

I will have to agree with this topic. Going to mass helps develop these positive characteristics.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Kindergartners had reading assignments, and had homework every day of the week. They were also expected to write complete sentences and answer up to 10 questions about the stories they were assigned to read. This was completely overwhelming for my child. I feel kids that young should not be inundated with all of the homework these children were.

i have 1 grandson that attended St Matthews from K-8 and o was so impressed with the teachers, principal and all employees. He was taught respect, religion and was always getting Principals list or second honors. He has now moved onto high school and was shocked at how rude and disrespectful kids are. I have his brother attending St Matthews now. He started Pre-k and is now in 3rd grade and has really progressed in his studies and has respect for authority and others. Worth the money.

As an educator, I sent my son there for pre-k thinking it would be a great school based on reviews. The teachers lacked social skills and were rude. Any preschool teacher who has to continually use punishment procedures (time out) clearly doesn't belong in education.

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with this school. My son loves going to school and is doing very well academically and socially. The administration and teachers seem to genuinely care about the students, balancing discipline with compassion. Most of the parents are incredibly involved in the children's educations and daily school lives, and it shows in their children's behavior and attitudes. I cannot imagine sending my children to any other school.

I have twins in first grade and have been very impressed with this school. Coming from a Montessori school, I wasn't sure how the transition was going to be in terms of academics, curriculum etc. I was definitely skeptical at the beginning of the year but both boys have done very well, made a lot of friends and have learned a lot. Both of their teachers (they are in separate classes) have gone above and beyond in terms of always being available for a conference, providing extra work or recommendations when one of my kids struggled and maintained consistent communication throughout the year. I definitely feel the tuition we paid was well worth it. The parents of the students have also been very friendly and helpful.

We are not happy with school at all even my kids studied in St Matthew for few years some of teachers and staff is really unfriendly and very rude.you can get better education .its just waste of money:(

St.Matts is very focused on academics and they hold children to very high expectations. That is what I want, so I am happy, and will have my two children return to the school next year.

Last modified St Matthew's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8